Jurassic Park in Europe (PS3)

edited December 2011 in Jurassic Park
Firstly i apologise to anyone who (like me) came here looking for the answer to when JP is going to be released on PS3 in Europe / Australia / etc. If you have then please join me in venting about the lack of information.

So onto my rant, and i really hope someone at Telltale is actually reading this.

I'm aware of a sticky thread with the following comment:

PSN: we are working hard to get the game out on PSN in Europe at the same time as it hits in North America. We'll keep you posted on developments.

I've seen no updates anywhere, that isn't exactly keeping consumers updated. On the contrary i've seen countless times the same question asked (and i'm not just blaming Telltale here it's SCEE aswell) and no answer.

Everytime i come to Telltales site it frustrates me that Telltale seem to either aim their website at the US and don't expect anyone from the rest of the world to visit or they just plain don't see the rest of the world as worth their time. For example on your front page i just read:

PlayStation 3, iPad 2 and Xbox 360 versions also available. Click the INFO button below to find out more.

Having clicked the magical INFO button i see a load of 'info' but no answer, in fact it would seem according to the 'info' that it's actually released on PS3. Again, Europe doesn't count.

So, i ask this one more time.

When can we expect Jurassic Park to release on PS3 in Europe?

Comments

• edited November 2011
    Tomorro mate. In the UK it has (i think) been confirmed on the 23rd November. So fingers crossed its true.

Your thread however is great... And true.
  • edited November 2011
    This is sadly true, I coudn't agree more.. They dont want money from europe, amd the rest of world? Really dissapointed...
  • edited November 2011
    jwoody74 wrote: »
    This is sadly true, I coudn't agree more.. They dont want money from europe, amd the rest of world? Really dissapointed...

The quality of this comment is extremely poor. If they didn't want your money, they wouldn't have plans for a European release at all, and would actually bar exports of their product to you. If you legitimately want a copy of JP, you need to be patient (Less whininess helps).
  • edited November 2011
    If you noticed, we were talking about their policy in this website, and how they dont react to our questions. Read before you start talking about poor comments, because you are a inefficient reader..
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited November 2011
    Telltale does not discriminate against Europe or any other part of the world that is not the USA (and, by the way, they do not discriminate against the USA either! ;)).
    As far as I understand the process, with PSN releases, Telltale usually submits a build to Sony and then, it's out of their hands. If Sony decides that the build is suitable for release, they set a release date themselves. If not, Telltale fixes whatever Sony needs fixed and submits another build.
    For example, when asked about the Australian release in another thread, Michael from Telltale had this to say:
    It was never announced as coming out on the 15'th in that market. Sony has a build under review now, which we don't expect issues with, but the release date is determined by them. We're hoping it will be up on PSN for you soon.
    There is no reason to believe that the same doesn't go for Sony Europe.
    The lack of news doesn't mean that Telltale is purposefully keeping European players in the dark. It just means that they're waiting to hear from Sony (back in the Tales of Monkey Island days, we would often hear about the WiiWare release on the business day before it happened).
  • edited November 2011
    I agree with you MacFly but TellTale has a "very special" corporate communication.
    The gave no word about the mount of questions about a potential PS3 disc release, etc.... It is not so complicated to answer : Yes / No / We work on it....
    We waited a long time just toknow which languages would be in the game, etc...
    I work for a news redaction and even if there is some confidential information videogames firms don't want to give to us, they answer anyway...
    Concerning European PSN release, the Telltale communication is a disaster.

Macfly77 wrote: »
    Telltale does not discriminate against Europe or any other part of the world that is not the USA (and, by the way, they do not discriminate against the USA either! ;)).
    As far as I understand the process, with PSN releases, Telltale usually submits a build to Sony and then, it's out of their hands. If Sony decides that the build is suitable for release, they set a release date themselves. If not, Telltale fixes whatever Sony needs fixed and submits another build.
    For example, when asked about the Australian release in another thread, Michael from Telltale had this to say:

There is no reason to believe that the same doesn't go for Sony Europe.
    The lack of news doesn't mean that Telltale is purposefully keeping European players in the dark. It just means that they're waiting to hear from Sony (back in the Tales of Monkey Island days, we would often hear about the WiiWare release on the business day before it happened).
  • edited November 2011
    Well is it out now? Its the 23rd.
  • edited November 2011
    Well it's not out today. This is what they've said on the EU Blog:
    Good news – its coming very soon and you should see it before the end of the year.

Bad news – I can’t announce the offical release date yet, sorry.

However have a look in the PLUS section today once the upload has happened, you will see some good news there about Jurassic Park.

I'm sorry but if Sony can approve a "build" for release in the US surely they can do the same for the EU?!
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited November 2011
    Nikos92 wrote: »
    I agree with you MacFly but TellTale has a "very special" corporate communication.
    The gave no word about the mount of questions about a potential PS3 disc release, etc.... It is not so complicated to answer : Yes / No / We work on it...
    Actually, Telltale's Kevin said the following regarding a PS3 disc release on the 15th:
    Kevin wrote: »
    Hey everyone! Right now there isn't a plan to release JP as a retail PS3 disc. We're a digital first company and really love downloading games via PSN. I'm not saying there will never be a disc at some point down the line, but there are no plans to do it now. Try the download, I think you'll like it as much as we do!
    We waited a long time just toknow which languages would be in the game, etc...
    Languages were posted in this forum by a Telltale employee on October 28:
    Sixteen60 wrote: »
    English and German voice and text, French text.
    I work for a news redaction and even if there is some confidential information videogames firms don't want to give to us, they answer anyway...
    Concerning European PSN release, the Telltale communication is a disaster.
    Is it possible that Sony's communication is worse?
    A Telltale employee posted the following on October 28 and would probably update the thread if Telltale know more:
    Sixteen60 wrote: »
    PSN: we are working hard to get the game out on PSN in Europe at the same time as it hits in North America. We'll keep you posted on developments.
    The problem is that the forums are flooded with so many threads about the same subjects that when Telltale replies in one of the thread, they might not necessarily do it in another (thinking that they already did) and because those threads quickly reach several pages, it's not always easy to find the answers you are looking for, which is why it's always useful to check the stickied threads at the top of the forum.
    You want to know which languages will be available?
    Check the FAQ thread.
    You want to know about the European PS3 release date?
    Check the Jurassic Park (in) Europe thread.
    I am sorry that the European PSN version is not available yet (even though not working for Sony or Telltale, I have absolutely nothing to do with it ;)) but I promise you that Telltale has no reason to keep you in the dark and will let you know the release date as soon as they know it themselves (probably in the blog AND the thread).
  • edited November 2011
    So it's the 23th, all JP Fans in US and PC Gamers all over the world can play the JP Game. No Game for PS3 EU Player in the Store, no german USK Rating, no Date, no official Statement from Telltale.

In all love to Telltale and the JP Game, but this is totally Fail... :(
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited November 2011
    The reasons have been made very, very clear by MacFly77 by now, and complaining won't help a bit. It's only been one mere week since this game was released on PC. And if Sony is indeed not satisfied with the present build, PS3 players could actually profit from a longer validation process. Some years back, there could be several months between different platform releases of a game.

It's really somewhat depressing that all the people in here are already talking about the game, and I understand that, but just a little more patience could be advised here.

Bleib ruhig, das kommt schon noch! ;)
  • edited November 2011
    Back to the Future wasn't even on PSN(NA) until the PC releases were on what? Episode 3? It happens. And it very well could be the people complaining about the little glitches in the NA release that is holding it up.
  • edited November 2011
    Hi.

I have Jurassic Park: The Game for PS3. I have an American friend studying at my university and generously shared their account so that I can play this game.

European friends, dont worry, really. I will not tell the story of the game but if I say that is very slow, the buttons of the commands fail on occasion and frames fall precipitously. The animation sequences or when you finish a history segment is removed from the frozen image for 2-3 seconds and a black screen that says "loading". This happens about 8-9 times per episode and the story loses momentum, it becomes very heavy for this reason. In some scenes of action on the Ep.4, the frame is too low, almost to freeze the image, then follow fluid 2 seconds and re-freeze the picture.

This is my review for the PS3 version. 5/10.

Regards.
  • edited November 2011
    Those would be the ones. Others have complained of the same about the N.A. PSN release. I hope the EU version runs better for you folks.
  • edited November 2011
    Still no JP Game on EU PSN this week.

Please Telltale, tell us what's going wrong.
  • edited December 2011
    When is jurasic park the game going to be available to purchase in europe on play station 3.
  • edited December 2011
    There is no release date yet. It looks like they're still going back and forth with Sony. Keep an eye on updates here and here.
  • edited December 2011
    No JP on the EU Store this week... again! Come on Telltale, what's going on?
  • edited December 2011
    Many people in europe are excited about this but when the game was released they soon relised it wasnt avaliable in europe.

When or will we be seeing the game coming to europe before christmas? on ps3?
  • edited December 2011
    They've now revealed on the EU Blog why it's been delayed.
    Now there has been issues with this, technical ones that my little brain can’t comprehend. However hopefully it will be with us soon (before christmas) but don’t quote me on that as with anything technical it is out of my hands.

I wonder if it's because of the amount of glitches and bugs that people are reporting about. It doesn't make Telltale look good if it is due to glitches.
  • edited December 2011
    Maybe we will know it soon with the Kalypso agreement....
  • edited December 2011
    We're targeting a December release for Jurassic Park: The Game on the European PlayStation Network. We'll keep you posted on exact dates in the near future.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks a lot, Alan.
    Just a last answer : thanks to the Kalypso agreement : no way to get a potential PS3 retail disc ? (that is my last answer, I swear ;))
  • edited December 2011
    You guys should head on to the EU playstation blog.... If you have been contemplating a Playstation Plus subscription, there is exciting news...

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/12/09/buy-a-12-month-plus-subscription-by-december-11-and-receive-jurassic-park-the-game-for-free-2/
  • edited December 2011
    It says mid-December on the blog so hopefully that means next Wednesday (14th).
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks a lot, Alan.
    Just a last answer : thanks to the Kalypso agreement : no way to get a potential PS3 retail disc ? (that is my last answer, I swear ;))

The Kalypso deal only affects the Xbox 360 and PC retail releases in Europe and the rest of the world.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Alan for the information. :)

Hope we will get JP to the holidays.
  • edited December 2011
    No JP on the EU store today. This is really becoming a joke! So much for them saying mid-December! :(
  • edited December 2011
    The game get's a german USK Rating for age 12 or higher today.

Hope it comes out next wednesday for PS3...
  • edited December 2011
    Well it's finally available on the EU store. It's £23.99 in the UK.

I have to say that I think Telltale have handled the whole EU release quite poorly. You said you would keep us informed of developments. The only time I ever heard news about it was on the EU blog.
  • edited December 2011
    It's out in germany too.

It is 2,2 GB large, so I need more than 24h to download it...

But 29,99€ (thats 39$ or £25) is terrible expensive...
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah £23.99 was more than I expected!!!!!

I know a lot of effort went into it, but more than can afford at the moment.
  • edited December 2011
    I confirm that JP is available in France on the PSN for the same price (29.99 euros)
    It is twice more than what press announced (19.99 euros / except 14.99 € during the first week !!!)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.