Season 1 Disc Information!

Comments

• edited June 2007
    Emily wrote: »
    And also a little scared, since I'm one of the people who was interviewed...

Huzzah! :D
  • edited June 2007
    I'm just trying to be nice. :rolleyes:
  • edited June 2007
    Jake wrote: »
    That documentary is the adventure company's, not ours, so it would be up to them. I wouldn't be surprised if parts of it showed up as promotional material or something, but I don't really know anything (as many have long surmised).

drat! that documentary is mighty tempting, but it sounds like most fo the goodies are on the Season 1 Disc. I'll... just... have... to be... strong...
  • edited June 2007
    AdamG wrote: »
    I'm just trying to be nice. :rolleyes:
    I know, I was just pushing your buttons. Sorry. :o
  • edited June 2007
    Haggis wrote: »
    I know, I was just pushing your buttons. Sorry. :o

Well, watch it, because my "bottons" are those unclicky type where you can't tell when you push them and it drives you nuts because it makes typing really annoying. :p
  • edited June 2007
    Soup wrote: »
    drat! that documentary is mighty tempting, but it sounds like most fo the goodies are on the Season 1 Disc. I'll... just... have... to be... strong...

Well, the physical "goodies" are mostly in the retail box, and Telltale seems to be releasing the more electronic related goodies. (With exception to the TellTale employee interview!)

I think that not only does the retail version have the interview, but it also has a poster, and not only that, but if you preorder it on EBgames you also get a free strategy guide! (Printed, I think) :) Not bad, eh? There might a couple other little extras, but that's the main stuff I think.

-free TellTale advertisement mode off-
  • edited June 2007
    i'm having trouble viewing the page after clicking on the link. what's the page about? sorry, i suck.
  • edited June 2007
    Cool, they have removed the link, probably means the box is ready very soon (or at least that some updates are coming up... or just that Doug likes to mess with our fragile minds) :D

Edit, oh and Jeremy... this sums it up quite well. :)
  • edited June 2007
    it's the 17th today in england(i look at the clock) and no DVD order avalable, maybe a special feature is to be shown the day before it's released
  • edited June 2007
    Not cool to remove the link... now I need it for ordering the disc.. :/
    I bought the whole collection back then and always wanted the disc go with..

Dont tell me I miss the opportunity.. plz, just got back from my "out of country" experiences.. :)
  • edited June 2007
    The DVD info page is back up now. It was a bug, and I was on vacation. Sorry 'bout that.
  • edited June 2007
    I hope the cd's are released soon.

I rather foolishly decided that i would not play any of the games until my shiny cd tuirns up, it's getting harder to resist.
  • edited June 2007
    But you miss out on everything by not playing episode to episode! You should play them and visit the boards and talk about them, like we do. Which gives them valuable feedback which helps make it better, and also makes it last longer. :D
  • edited June 2007
    AdamG wrote: »
    But you miss out on everything by not playing episode to episode! You should play them and visit the boards and talk about them, like we do. Which gives them valuable feedback which helps make it better, and also makes it last longer. :D
    True but i think the whole half life 2 episode problems left me a bit distrustful of episodic release dates. I figured i would just be getting in to the game when it ended and then have a painful gap until the next release. I've been waiting around a year for hl ep 2 :( so far.

I've got to admit i expected much larger gaps between each sam n max episode and I'm amazed that telltale kept to the deadlines. I'll probably play each episode of season 2 when its released.
  • edited June 2007
    Bah, forget about Valve. They have no idea what they're doing. They would have been better off waiting a year after Half Life 2, then starting on Half Life 3. This "episode" stuff is just making them look bad, and it's not winning them a lot of friends.
  • edited June 2007
    At least it's faring better than SiN Episodes...
  • edited June 2007
    I guess so, but not by much. : /
  • edited June 2007
    Portal had better be absolutely head-explodingly awesome, though... :P *assuming the system reqs haven't been jacked up too high*
  • edited June 2007
    nice. can't wait for the disc to come out. :)
  • edited June 2007
    Nice, will order whole Season when the Disc is ready to be shipped. :) I want to have those on the shelf.
  • edited June 2007
    xChri5x wrote: »
    The Case Is Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed, even if I see all of the extra content online, I'll still "buy" the DVD just to have the artwork.
  • edited June 2007
    The prints look fantastic... especially the booklet (how many pages does that one get?).

Oh, and please... PLEASE keep the raw-files of the covers, since I really really hate it, when subsequent releases have misaligned logos and design-elements on their covers, and the layout varies from season to season. I know, it sounds picky, but I guess that's why one of my biggest hobbies are custom covers.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2007
    Haha I know! I'm extremely picky as well about that sort of thing. I'll try my hardest. One potential problem is that season 2 might not be printed at the same print house as season 1 (I'm not meaning to imply any problems with where we're printing season 1, but, you know, who knows what will happen in a year?), and every place has slightly different specs. That said, yes, its annoying as heck when places try to do what is allegedly a "series" of cases, but they dont actually match up at all.

Truth be told, if I get to design a Telltale Season Two cover, I won't be making it identical to the season 1 cover except with a swapped out cover image. I really like what Adult Swim does with their cases, where they're all totally different looking, but all also compliment each other when lined up together on a shelf. I'd like to definitely keep the badge with the season number on the spine, and the same positioning of the words "sam and max" on the spine as well, but beyond that, I'd like to mix it up. I dont like how at a glance you can't tell which Simpson's season is which, or even which CSI video game is which. You can tell Space Ghost Vol. 1 from Space Ghost Vol. 2 immediately, though.

The booklet is very small (just a single folded sheet, a quick start guide), but we put a lot of work into making it look as fun and true to Sam & Max as we possibly could. There are a few more Season One package related announcements on the way as well, so stay tuned.
  • edited June 2007
    Yay! I'm about to place my order for the DVD and a Max cap!

EDIT: Done!
  • edited June 2007
    Just got an e-mail saying the DVD is back-ordered? I'm hoping this means that the DVD is ready for ordering, but not yet ready for shipping...
  • edited June 2007
    ken830 wrote: »
    Just got an e-mail saying the DVD is back-ordered? I'm hoping this means that the DVD is ready for ordering, but not yet ready for shipping...

That's what it means. The DVD, Soundtrack, and Case File are being made and won't be ready to ship until later in July. The good news is that they will be ready all at the same time. It was stated in another thread somewhere.
  • edited June 2007
    I'm not a big soundtrack fan, but i did order the case file, it sounds neat
  • edited June 2007
    I have couple of questions about the season 1 dvd. 1. Will it have better sound quality than the downloaded episodes? 2. I bought all the episodes one by one, can i still get the DVD? (I screwed up the season orders, that's why i didn't buy the season as a whole)

Mthed, Born to be mild.
  • edited June 2007
    Mthed wrote: »
    I have couple of questions about the season 1 dvd. 1. Will it have better sound quality than the downloaded episodes? 2. I bought all the episodes one by one, can i still get the DVD? (I screwed up the season orders, that's why i didn't buy the season as a whole)

Mthed, Born to be mild.

Sound quality will be the same, although some minor bug fixes will be on the disk, which will also be coming to the download versions. And another guy in another topic bought the games like you did and he had to email someone. Not sure who though.

EDIT:
    tabacco wrote: »
    I got all six eps. individualy, so i dont have a Season One order number , how do i get the disc???

Please email support@telltalegames.com and we'll help you out.
  • edited June 2007
    Jake wrote: »
    Hah that would be awesome, though we're being pretty modest with how this is built, as it really is a bonus disc to augment (and archive) people's downloadable episodes.

The whole point of buying the season from Telltale is so you can get to play the episodes as they come out, and be involved in the story once a month as it unfolds. The disc is nice to have on a shelf, and nice for peace of mind, (and we're having fun making it) but it's never been the focus of anything.
    Could have fooled me. That's a lot of stuff being tossed on that disc. It looks very nice.

I do agree that those that waited deprived themselves of a big part of the fun, which is getting an episode each month. That's the fault of companies like Ritual and Valve that have convinced everyone that episodic gaming is a series of cliffhangers with endless stretches between episodes.
  • edited June 2007
    Valve doesn't make episodes, they make seasons, despite whatever they may tell you. ;)
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2007
    Zeek wrote: »
    The good news is that they will be ready all at the same time. It was stated in another thread somewhere.

Approximately the same time. They're being made in different places (and the case files actually have to be stuffed by hand :p) so they might not all come out on the same day, but late July should be about right for all three.
  • edited June 2007
    The case files have to be stuffed by hand? That makes them even more special. You spoil us. You really do. Can't even remember the last time I got a half-decent manual, let alone feelies :D
  • edited June 2007
    OOoooo, "Touched Edition" collector items! :p
  • edited June 2007
    Do I have to pay extra for fingerprints? ;) I bet it will pass for a large sum in 10 years or so.
  • edited June 2007
    You know they care about their customers when they do things by hand. :D
  • MelMel
    edited June 2007
    Even Dave uses machinery.

I just hope they don't stuff them right after lunch. Of course, a one of a kind grease stain might be collectible one day. :p
  • edited June 2007
    We did pitch some "Authentic Telltale Pizza Grease Stains" :)
    west brooklyn pizza company is special thanked after all (I think)
  • edited June 2007
    OMG! Grease stains, like scratch and sniff cards... Only better! :p
Sign in to comment in this discussion.