Places to Go in Sam & Max: Season 2

edited December 2008 in Sam & Max
So, now that season 1 is over and hopefully Telltale Games is working on season 2, what places would you guys like to see Sam & Max goto next?

Here is my list of ideas: ;)

1. Canada: After what happened in episode 6, it would be cool to see Sam & Max in Canada.

2. A SciFi Convention: Just the thought of Sam & Max let loose on a SciFi Convention feels me with Great Joy. :D

3. The Dakotas: With the Dakotas War still going, it should be about time for Sam & Max to step in.

4. A Comic Book: Sam & Max would somehow get sucked into the pages of A Super Hero comic book and would also get Super Powers. Now that would be cool to see. :D

5. A Parallel Universe: Sam & Max get sent to a parallel universe where everything is reverse and they meet their parallel universe selves Max & Sam (in the parallel universe, Max is the Tall Smart one & Sam would be the Short Crazy one).

6. Mars: They been on Earth, they been to the Moon twice, now it's time for them to goto Mars.

So, what do you guys think? And if you guys have any ideas on where you would like to see Sam & Max go in Season 2, do feel free to post them. :D

Comments

• edited May 2007
    There's one place that I'd really like them to go...I want to see them break the fourth wall and show up at the TellTale offices. That'd be totally hilarious...
  • edited May 2007
    There's one place that I'd really like them to go...I want to see them break the fourth wall and show up at the TellTale offices. That'd be totally hilarious...

I'd rather them bust though lucasarts...literally...

But you can't get everything you wish for :)
  • edited May 2007
    Hmm, Mars does sound like an interesting place for them to go. Don't forget Stinky's Diner accross the street too! :p I'm not really sure where else, I don't have a very good imagination. :/
  • edited May 2007
    1. Canada: After what happened in episode 6, it would be cool to see Sam & Max in Canada.

After what happened in episode 6,
    they are in Canada.
    :p
  • edited May 2007
    To add to that comic book idea, it would be neat if for part of an episode or for a full one they turned the game into 2d Curse of money island style!

Or even to spoof the old adventure games and make it like Hit the Road for a small part where it's all pixelated. Even for just like one room
  • edited May 2007
    1. into the forest to meet some bigfoots!
    2. max has a #1 hit and they have to maneuver through the music industry!
    3. somewhere near a volcano
    4. in a space ship!
    5. some lost tribe
    6. they travel back to the past[16th century or something]
    7. to prison! sam and max must pose as criminals
  • edited May 2007
    1. Across the street into the diner.
    2. Flint's Office.
    3. Demolition Derby! I liked the driving sequences, no matter how simple people said they were!
    4. Unnamed Island with a giant monkey head worshipped by vegetarian cannibals.
  • edited May 2007
    Ahare wrote: »
    I'd rather them bust though lucasarts...literally...

But you can't get everything you wish for :)

That would be the best thing.......EVER.
  • edited May 2007
    That would be cool to see, but I think Lucasarts is guarded by an army of Jedi Lawyers that could fight off any kind of attack.
  • edited May 2007
    Hero1 wrote: »
    1. into the forest to meet some bigfoots!
    2. max has a #1 hit and they have to maneuver through the music industry!
    3. somewhere near a volcano
    4. in a space ship!
    5. some lost tribe
    6. they travel back to the past[16th century or something]
    7. to prison! sam and max must pose as criminals

I like the idea of the Space Ship because it reminds me of one of the places you were suppose to visit in the Lucasarts game.

full20031026000601.jpg
    full20031026000654.jpg
    full20031026000611.jpg
    full20031026000628.jpg
  • edited May 2007
    That spaceship has everything!
    Chinatown, Santa's village, what looks to be a "downtown" area, little egypt! and what looks to be some sort of church way up high.
  • edited May 2007
    I really wanna see what it's like in that diner.
  • edited May 2007
    Soup wrote: »
    4. Unnamed Island with a giant monkey head worshipped by vegetarian cannibals.

monkey head or bunny head? i'd love to see max worshipped..

i like how they called that space station foobar hehehe
  • edited May 2007
    Here are two more ideas for where Sam & Max should go in Season 2.

1. Heaven & Hell: The two places on Earth that Sam & Max have not been to yet. And it would be cool to see Max get into a Fight with the Devil. :D

2. Max's Dream World (The Mind of Max): Since we have already seen what goes on inside of Sam's head from episode 1, it would be cool to see what Crazy things go on inside of Max's Mind.
  • edited May 2007

Since I just finished Simon the Sorcerer 3D, I'm kind of fed-up for life with "Breaking the Fourth Wall" jokes :( ;)
  • edited May 2007
    Heaven & Hell: The two places on Earth that Sam & Max have not been to yet.

Not sure about Hell, but I'm pretty sure I read a comic months ago where they both end up in heaven after Max asks what happens after you die. I can't find it now though =/.
  • edited May 2007
    Neighborhood places I want to see:
    -The Diner
    -Flint's office
    -Lefty's revisited
    -The rest of their building
    -The alley

In terms of other places I wouldn't mind seeing them do a tour of the world. A country per episode. Make it heavily stereotypical too. They can go to:
    -London
    -France
    -Egypt
    -Japan
    -Even Canada as mentioned.
    -Perhaps Mexico

Or they can have real odd places for cases like in season 1:
    -A school/university
    -A comic book as Ben mentioned. Whats cool about that is all the characters can be homages to real heroes like Superman, Batman and such. They can even run into their own comic. This can be merged with the convention idea.
    -That idea of having a 2d part is cool too.
    -War of the Dakota's can be a jab at all the WWII games.
    -They can take a jab at popular TV shows like Lost where they can 'drive' to an Island where survivors are having a problem with their Island.
    -The old west

Man season 2 is gonna be sweet. This can go in any direction.
  • edited May 2007
    haven't they been in the old west or am I halucinating comics again?
    Yay flint! I really hope flint makes an appearence and the diner would be interesting (with any luck it'll include the staligtites of greese under the table.. mmm MMmmm)

to go harrass some natives (again)
    some more surreal wierdness, space travel, time travel, ghosts and spooks, cults etc... the sort of things that were in the comics

And that spacestation is AWESOME!
  • jmmjmm
    edited May 2007
    Down.

Max: Hey Sam, didn't we were here some time ago?
    Sam: Trying to get a thingamabob out of a corporate presence?
    Max: Yeah!
    Sam: Nope, not really anyway.
  • edited May 2007
    Myst Island :P

Although seeing then shred Lucasarts would be quite awesome!
  • edited May 2007
    Alhon wrote: »
    Myst Island :P

Agreed, that would rule.
  • edited May 2007
    A high-tech laboratory.
    Between dangerous chemistry, genetic manipulation and strange rays, there's plenty of fun to be had and plenty of opportunities for very good puzzles. It could also easily contain a mind-swapping device, allowing a part where you have to control Max (or at least his body). And it could contain everything you need to operate time- or dimension-travel.
    Your immediate goal in the lab would be to use the peculiar tools it offers to bypass its high-tech security system, gradually gaining access to more and more of it. As for a more long-term reason, here's one suggestion: Bosco bought the lab from his ill-gotten gains, and has managed to lock himself in. The first puzzle might be to find and open the secret entrance to get into the lab at all.
  • edited May 2007
    underwater world/atlantis
  • edited May 2007
    They should go to the distent future
  • edited May 2007
    Hmmm.....I wonder what Arizona is like in the Sam & Max World......
  • edited May 2007
    With all the money Bosco made, he should own a whole load of other businesses and property. Technically, they can run into him wherever they go.
    Playing Sam in a Max body would be too much of a tease. I really hope for a Max that is controllable for a short time in one of the episodes.
    Bringing back Max as a usable item would be cool too.
  • edited May 2007
    1. Las Vegas (complete with a wedding chapel running a special on Bigfoot weddings)

2. Hawaii (complete with Surfing Mini-Game in which Max surfs on the hood of the Desoto while Sam "drives" it dodging/hitting other surfers)

3. Japan (where we meet RoboMax v.2 in a climatic mech battle for the obligatory calatoral damage... complete with cheesey Power-Ranger-like victory pose!)

4. India (complete with the relatives of the swearing mechanic from HTR)

5. The Lost City of Atlantis (which has been turned into an exclusive underwater hot spring spa and pool for the rich)

6. The Center of the Earth (complete with Molemen versions of Bosco, Sybil, etc.)

Okay, so the last two are lame, but that's my list.
  • edited May 2007
    Right, I would be very pleased if, at least in the beginning, Bosco is
    insanely rich
    and Sybil is
    the leader of the free world.
    It'd be a nice way to change up their characters a bit, to differentiate Season 2 from the first one.
  • edited May 2007
    I think they should go to an underground city like in the game, "The day the world broke"
  • edited May 2007
    "The day the world broke"
    I wonder if they can use that as a title for an episode.:D
  • edited May 2007
    The Beginning of the Universe: This could work out as the last place they go to in season 2, they would go back in time to see The Beginning of the Universe only to find out that they had something to do with it's creation. Can you say Max + Flameing Fart = The Big Bang. :D
  • edited May 2007
    ...Or the restaurant at the end of the universe.
  • edited May 2007
    Not really places, I'm thinking about Bosco's new costumes.. how about musical references? He should dress up in costumes like a rocker, rapper, etc. and actually make a song
    like the COPS in Ep. 5
  • jmmjmm
    edited May 2007
    Baliame wrote: »
    Not really places, I'm thinking about Bosco's new costumes.. how about musical references? He should dress up in costumes like a rocker, rapper, etc. and actually make a song
    like the COPS in Ep. 5
    Are you kidding? If I were Bosco I (and I'm not, despite certain similarities) would leave that place and move on spending a few trillion dollars. Bosco's should be closed in episode 1 (with Bosco at some other inconvenient location)
    In episode 2 Bosco's is open but with a sign that says 'Under new administration' (or something like that). Inside we have good ol' Bosco with a minimal change in look.
  • edited May 2007
    I've said this before and I'll say it again:

THE DINER!
  • edited May 2007
    Sounds like i just thought for a second but, visit las vegas and meet back up with their compadres, trixie and bigfoot
  • edited May 2007
    It'd probably be hard seeing as Bruno and Trixie are technically LucasArts property.
  • jmmjmm
    edited May 2007
    Besides, I'm not that eager to hear scrantonese folk songs. I'd rather see Flint.
  • LKrLKr
    edited May 2007
    They really should step into the war and go to the Dakotas (rendered without reference).
  • edited May 2007
    After seeing the winners of the recent contest, I kind of want them to do a parody of The Da Vinci Code and go to an art museum with that Guernica parody in the (distant) background.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.