Unable to install Jurassic Park - The Game

edited April 2012 in Game Support
I downloaded the game but it won't install. I get error messages. For example, I get an error message while unzipping the file, then a series of error messages that says: Error opening file for writing: C:\Program Files (x86)\Telltale Games\Jurassic Park The Game\Game Data\fmodex.dll

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited April 2012
    What error message do you get while unzipping and what program do you use for unzipping?
  • edited April 2012
    I didn't write it down, it was something about a file not unzipping
  • edited April 2012
    I am also not sure which program I am using for unzipping. I am simply following the directions that show up.

I was able to download and play the first episode which i got for free when i bought the trilogy.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited April 2012
    That's probably what causes the other error.
    Please try to unzip it again as i described here.

If you get an error message while unzipping again please abort and report back.
  • edited April 2012
    When I right click it, I am not getting an option to extract. Is this because the files have already been extracted? Should I download again?
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited April 2012
    Are you right clicking the .zip?
    If that's the case and you don't see the extract option, then you probably have a different unzip tool on your system. In any case, try to unzip it again, and paste the error message here, if it comes again.

Downloading the file again is worth a try too, i just wanted to rule out other possible issues first.
  • edited April 2012
    The file does not say .zip. It only says Jurassic Park 100 _ setup
  • edited April 2012
    I have downloaded the file twice already and I got the same error both times.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited April 2012
    That's possible. By default some Windows versions don't show file extensions anymore. I forgot about that.
  • edited April 2012
    Right clicking the file does not give me the option of extracting. Should I download again?
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited April 2012
    sakina4evr wrote: »
    Right clicking the file does not give me the option of extracting. Should I download again?

I think 2 downloads are enough for now. Maybe the tool you use for unzipping has problems with the .zip file.
    You can try unzipping it with 7 Zip instead.
  • edited April 2012
    Which version of 7 zip do I need - .exe or .msi?
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited April 2012
    That depends on whether you have a 32-bit or 64-bit windows version.
  • edited April 2012
    How do I find out? :)
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited April 2012
    sakina4evr wrote: »
    How do I find out? :)

Let's keep it simple. You can download the msi. It will only install if it's the right version, and show an error message otherwise. If it does, download the exe.
  • edited April 2012
    OK, I installed 7 zip. What's the next step?
  • edited April 2012
    Should I extract files?
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited April 2012
    Now you right click the file you downloaded here, and select "7-zip/extract here".
  • edited April 2012
    Done, now what?
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited April 2012
    Now please start the JurassicPark100_Setup.exe.
  • edited April 2012
    I installed the game but only the first episode is available. I got the first episode for free when I bought the trilogy. I have bought and installed the full season, why is it not available?
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited April 2012
    I haven't played through JP yet, but I just took another look at it, and it seems like you need to play through episode 1 to unlock episode 2.
    What happens if you load your save game from episode 1 and keep playing?

EDIT:
    The Jurassic Park FAQ confirms it:
    Icedhope wrote: »
    Q: Episodes 2-4 aren't available on the main menu. I bought the game. What's the deal?
    A: You will need to complete Episode 1 before you're able to start Episode 2. Then you'll need to proceed through all of Episode 2 before Episode 3 will unlock, and so on.
  • edited April 2012
    I think I'm good to go now. I had to install the 2nd download and it saved my previous game. Thank you so much for your help. You were great :)
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited April 2012
    I am glad i could help :)
This discussion has been closed.