TWD: Disconnects on download - HELP!!!

2»

Comments

• edited July 2012
    Soracha wrote: »
    I also have this problem. It needs to be fixed. Is it the same on steam?

As far as I've heard, Steam users can download it just fine. It's part of why everyone is in an uproar.
  • edited July 2012
    DarthKaal wrote: »
    What do you mean by "strongest signal"? My ISP always give me the same signal, and I can't choose any other... Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for you, but I don't understand what you mean.

Besides the in-app downloader seems to download at a rate far (really really far) inferior to my usual download rate, so I don't see how having a stronger signal can change anything. You might just have been lucky here.
    Anyway, it's time for a new try.

I took my laptop and my IMAC to a different location with a different connection . I was at my mothers house with my laptop and found that I could dl ep. 2 so I went home grabbed my IMAC and dl'ed on that too I just thought it may work for others if they changed location or connection
    I wasn't able to dl ep2 at all from release day and I thought that even if its a shot in the dark I would share my info because so little info/help is available to us customers right now
  • edited July 2012
    Unfortunately I can't lug my desktop around :/

But this may be helpful for people with laptops. Go to McDonald's and try to download off their WiFi :D
  • edited July 2012
    I have the same issue... but I only get to 13% every time in my Mac!!.... WTF
  • edited July 2012
    Now my download starts at 14% every time and bounces back and forth between 13% and 14% before quickly giving me the error message.

I'm tired of checking the forums every day and seeing that the issue still hasn't be addressed.
  • edited July 2012
    4 failures after 50%. how much of my bandwidth am I eating up? is there any SOLID way of downloading the content? or at least a way that allows you to resume?????

I do not think I will recommend this game to anyone....
  • edited July 2012
    stetner wrote: »
    4 failures after 50%. how much of my bandwidth am I eating up? is there any SOLID way of downloading the content? or at least a way that allows you to resume?????

I do not think I will recommend this game to anyone....

No there is no way. you will just chew through your bandwidth.

Telltale have been totally unhelpful and refuse to grant refunds for a deceitful and faulty product.
  • edited July 2012
    I am so disappointed...words can't even describe. I am sorry if I offend anyone here but Tell Tale...your games are not that good. I paid for Jurassic Park and it sucked. It had a horrible story and boring characters. I would say you are lucky you even got my money a second time. In fact the only reason you did was because I believe in The Walking Dead franchise. If it was a different zombie game that you made, I would have never bought it. I am admittedly uninformed of the business relationship with Robert Kirkman, but I expect the only reason for your success is because he made sure you didn't butcher The Walking Dead story like you did with Jurassic Park. I can't believe you would deny refunds just because its been a while since people bought it. Your game is broken.

I am sorry to be rude, but every one of your customers opinions matter and you don't care. I emailed you with my support questions and you responded once and never gave me an update or solution. You tried to act like everyone with this problem just has internet problems. I am not directly involved in the customer service at my company but I do oversee it. I am pretty good buddies with the president of my company and I could tell you that if I let our customer service department operate the way you do...he would fire my ass regardless of our friendship.

If someone didn't lose their job for the release of a partially finished product, someone damn sure should have been fired for the horrible customer service.
  • edited July 2012
    It is unbelievable that we are pushing on three weeks since release and there still hasn't been even a public acknowledgement of this issue, much less any indication of what is being done to fix it or when we can expect a solution.

Do Telltale staff ever even post here in this forum? What's the point of having a support forum if you can't actually get support here?

What a way to run a business.
  • GudmooreGudmoore Banned
    edited July 2012
    This is getting ridiculous, I've gone as far as copying files I downloaded on my laptop. Now even though I have all the new files, it still shows as not installed.

It has nothing to do with server load issues, nice job trying to dodge problem solving by using that ploy.

TTG; What the hell did you do? Hire your executable programmers directly out of high school?

It isn't hard to put up a torrent or a direct download with the files for Episode 2 and a .txt file containing instructions. It certainly doesn't take a month to do so.

Get off your asses and do something about it; create an offline installer or an equivalent. If this problem persists I will get a refund, even if I have to go through the Better Business Bureau to get you guys to listen for once in your lives.

At this point it's become a pretty intense case of faulty product and false advertising; I still have your original advertisements saved, so don't think you can duck out of it by changing your advertisement's wording.

Fix it or refund my money; and don't try that no refunds crap, selling a season pass and only letting players go through Episode 1 well after Episode 2's release date is a clear violation of consumer law. If you feel like attempting to combat that, I can read through consumer laws with you. It seems like you guys are very illiterate.
  • edited July 2012
    Gudmoore wrote: »
    This is getting ridiculous, I've gone as far as copying files I downloaded on my laptop. Now even though I have all the new files, it still shows as not installed.

It has nothing to do with server load issues, nice job trying to dodge problem solving by using that ploy.

TTG; What the hell did you do? Hire your executable programmers directly out of high school?

It isn't hard to put up a torrent or a direct download with the files for Episode 2 and a .txt file containing instructions. It certainly doesn't take a month to do so.

Get off your asses and do something about it; create an offline installer or an equivalent. If this problem persists I will get a refund, even if I have to go through the Better Business Bureau to get you guys to listen for once in your lives.

At this point it's become a pretty intense case of faulty product and false advertising; I still have your original advertisements saved, so don't think you can duck out of it by changing your advertisement's wording.

Fix it or refund my money; and don't try that no refunds crap, selling a season pass and only letting players go through Episode 1 well after Episode 2's release date is a clear violation of consumer law. If you feel like attempting to combat that, I can read through consumer laws with you. It seems like you guys are very illiterate.

Amen.
  • edited July 2012
    So... excuse me, but... WTF ARE YOU DOING GUYS???

I like your company, but THIS is just unacceptable.
    Yes, I have a life besides this game, and no, I'm not waiting for it all day long. So why do I get so angry? Because I've just seen that on your FB page: "Official Announcement! The Walking Dead: The Game is launching on iOS this Thursday!"...

I know that iOS players are now a much larger customer group than the Mac players, but our version is already 3 weeks old (if not more) and we still haven't got any official announcement about that downloading issue.

So, there's only one question in my mind right now: what the hell are you doing??
    Seriously. Talk to us.
  • edited July 2012
    Still not able to download episode 2. Don't buy this crap.
  • edited August 2012
    Last week, I've finally been able to download episode 2. I was so relieved... until I saw that I had to replay the last 30 minutes of episode 1... hmm, ok, pretty annoying, but whatever...

So, I replayed those 30 minutes, and started the first hour of episode 2, and was really happy about it.

And now, each time I launch the game, the titles screen appears, I clic to continue, the game is connecting, and... nothing more. The title screen is still there, without the mention "clic to continue", and of course I can't clic to skip the title screen.

And worse of all, at the top of the screen, I have this message "Episode 2 is out! Download it from Playstation Network"...

So, again, my question is very very simple: W-T-F ?!?
  • edited August 2012
    It's downloading an update. This may take a while and you won't get any notice of this, but after a while the main menu will appear. I'm the least patient guy in the world so I rage quit the app about four times, until I just went to windowed mode and waited.
  • edited August 2012
    Still not able to download episode 2. Don't buy this crap.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2012
    Still not able to download episode 2.

Which version are you playing? A patch was released for the Mac version on the Telltale site, if that's the one you have then download from your Games page again and start it up, should download episode 2 ok.
  • edited August 2012
    well I have tried to get whatever the latest update is and it died at 300 MB out of 548. Of course restarting the download starts from scratch! *&^&#$

I don't know why I even bother with this. Tell tale obviously has the shitiest infrastructure out there and do NOT know how to provide downloadable content.

I have no problem downloading 4 or 5 GB games from other companies.

Again, do not buy this!
  • edited August 2012
    Tried once more to download the 'patched' version and it stopped at 80MB.

This simply DOES NOT WORK.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2012
    Tried once more to download the 'patched' version and it stopped at 80MB.

Are you still trying to download episode 2 from within the launched game, or are you downloading the game again via your Games page? You need to get the updated game/launcher from your Games page first, then open it up and it should download the episode 2 update by itself.
  • edited August 2012
    No, I am trying to download from the games page.
  • edited August 2012
    I have posted this many, many times, but I'll persevere and keep posting until I get a response:

I am a PC user having the same issues that the Mac users are having. My download is at 100%, but instead of finishing it goes back down to 99% (sometimes bouncing between the two) and gives me the dreaded "connection lost" error message. My e-mail support guy stopped responding out of nowhere a few weeks ago. Please help, TT.
  • edited August 2012
    1@puzzelbox, So, I finally was able to download off the games page today and the version there is the same one I have been using all along.

So, the internal download is still screwed in the current version. It either disconnects and will not 'resume' or it crashes part way through the download.

Is tell tale really incapable of providing a download mechanism that works or is at least restartable?
  • edited August 2012
    Same here. Pc user (no steam) download disconnects every time...
    I even tried it at a friend's high speed internet connection...
  • edited August 2012
    Please write to news@insidemacgames.com and lets try to get some media coverage on this farce!
  • edited August 2012
    Episode 3 has started this problem again. Now I cannot download past 99.50%. Three consecutive times.
  • edited August 2012
    Started again???? I have never been able to get episode 2 !!!
  • edited August 2012
    Same problem here... even though I don't get an error message this time. It just flatout crashes the whole app around 91%.
    Haven't been able to download episode 3 yet.
  • edited August 2012
    It took me a fair few attempts, but around two weeks ago I managed to get episode 2 downloaded successfully. Now m trying to get episode 3. It's crashed twice so far, at 55% and 99.50%.

Being used to this kind of crap though, it's time to bend over and take it again. And hope they never distribute a game through this method again.
  • edited August 2012
    This is really REALLY annoying! Third try now for Ep3 - why can't we not just download from the game page as in all games before...there NEVER were such problems. Waiting for several months till release and now again waiting and hoping for the download to complete (while the system is loaded because of the in-game download) for the next weeks? What are you thinking Telltale? I feel like I am kicked right into my face!
  • edited August 2012
    Same problem. Stuck at 99.50%.

Why can't we just please get refunds? No one is even enjoying the game at this point... months of delays followed by weeks of bugs that render the games unplayable.
  • edited August 2012
    Same problem here downloading directly from the game client.

Download got to 85%, then went back down to 64% stalled for about 30 minutes, then dropped to 57% where it has remained. Looks like iffy coding.
  • edited August 2012
    Still crashing trying to get episode 2
  • edited August 2012
    Same issue here... Haven't even gotten to episode 2 yet... TTG, just what are you guys doing?......
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited September 2012
    To those who haven't seen it, here's a workaround.
  • edited September 2012
    Happy to say that, this time, I've been able to download (and play of course) the latest episode without any problem.

Still annoying that there's nothing saying that the game client is downloading something when on the main logo, just after connecting. I mean how hard is it to mention it in the text sliding in the up of the screen?

It's the first time I'm not waiting the full release of a Telltale game before playing it. To be honest, I'm not fond of the episodic system, but somehow it works quite well with TWD.
    But now, seeing all the delays and technical issues, I can say that this is the last time I'm not waiting for the full release.

Thanks DjNDB, I'll think of your workaround next time I have trouble downloading an episode.
  • edited September 2012
    This appears to have worked for me as well (after having to do it twice). Thanks DjNDB, don't know why Tell Tale could not have done this 2 months ago and saved themselves a lot of badwill.
  • edited September 2012
    Seems to bee working at the moment (touch wood).
This discussion has been closed.