Comic Con 2007

ShauntronShauntron Telltale Alumni
edited August 2007 in General Chat
Who's coming this year? Anything in particular you want to see? Got a booth?

I'll be bringing my copies of Sam & Max and Day of the Tentacle for the appropriate people at the Telltale booth to sign. My buddy wants to buy a boxed Monkey Island just so Dave can sign it!

I wish I had something strictly Telltale to get signed as well. Maybe i'll print out the frontpage of the forums and have Emily sign it...

Comments

• JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2007
    We'll have lots of the things usually sold in our online store for sale at the booth, so, if it came down to it, you could get some stuff there :)
  • SquinkySquinky Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2007
    The question is, who's going to be signing my butt?
    edited July 2007
    We'll leave that to you.
  • edited July 2007
    Jake wrote: »
    We'll leave that to you.
    I trust the person doing the signing will have a say in the matter as well?
  • edited July 2007
    Shauntron wrote: »
    I wish I had something strictly Telltale to get signed as well. Maybe i'll print out the frontpage of the forums and have Emily sign it...

Many of the Telltale staff people posted in the "Who will draw the best Max" thread. You could print out some of those :D
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2007
    I'll be bringing my copies of Sam & Max and Day of the Tentacle for the appropriate people at the Telltale booth to sign. My buddy wants to buy a boxed Monkey Island just so Dave can sign it!

In addition to Steve and Dave G., Mike Stemmle and Chuck Jordan will be hanging out at the booth at various points during the show... so plan accordingly. :D

We'll be posting details about our Comic-Con comings and goings on the blog, probably next week.
  • edited July 2007
    god I hope to make it this time! One of these days you will see my tall pale ugly mug at your booth! Will jake be attending too? and you of course M? wouldnt be the telltale booth without ya's
  • edited July 2007
    Jake, Emily, Nick, and I will all be there for sure, although we won't all be around the booth at the same time, since we all want to wander around too :)
    edited July 2007
    Also Daniel "H-Bomb" Herrera may make an appearance.
  • ShauntronShauntron Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2007
    Emily wrote: »
    We'll be posting details about our Comic-Con comings and goings on the blog, probably next week.

Cool. Hope I'll be able to coordinate with my booth to make it out there and meet some folks. What number will it be?

EDIT: (the obvious answer is wait for the comic-con blog)
  • DanHDanH Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2007
    Jake wrote: »
    Also Daniel "H-Bomb" Herrera may make an appearance.

Sweet! If he's going, I'm totally there.
  • edited July 2007
    Of course you want to wander!
    Daniel will be there? cool :P Will it tear some hole in space time if you meet yourself at a comic con? LOL
    Also do you guys have telltale posters to get autographs or can all of those fit on a game box/magazine XD

Also I only know what a few of you look like since you dont do pics with the bios . Some of you cant be missed others ive never even seen pics of! So please forgive me if you meet me and I dont recognize ya!
    edited July 2007
    Kaldire wrote: »
    So please forgive me if you meet me and I dont recognize ya!

They'll have name badges, for your convenience!
    edited July 2007
    Our booth is number 635.
  • edited July 2007
    There's a secret code behind our booth number... Take the decimal ASCII codes for "Sam&Max" and add them up and you get 621. Add 14, which is two ASCII 'Bell' characters to represent the time Telltale employees will be arriving at the convention center (9am) as expressed in shipboard bell time codes, and you get our booth number, 635!
  • edited July 2007
    :rolleyes: programmers making jokes..
    edited July 2007
  • edited July 2007
    Oh that SamNMax suit looks cool... gonna need plenty of photos!
  • edited July 2007
    sigh.. crud and crud some more,
    I have solid work the entire last 2 weeks of july (again... ) Another comic con passes me without being able to see ya's. Aww well. Will there be any super rare telltale merch/purcell merch only sold there? Im still trying to get out of work but so far all I can do is the sunday, I live in Sacramento so its not exactally a hop n skip, but then again people come from all over the world!

Sigh again

Steve
  • edited July 2007
    Sorry if I missed the answer to this, but:

I am going to the COmic-Con on Friday only (and of course pick up some cool Sam & Max stuff and the Bone CD), but would like to get my Surfin' the Highway signed by Mr. Purcell :) Will he be available to sign stuff on Friday or Saturday only?
  • edited July 2007
    Steve has a booth, so as far as I know he should be there the whole time.
  • edited July 2007
    take some good pics guys! I wanna see everything :P
    (still trying to get outta work)
  • edited July 2007
    Heroes Game Will Be Announced at Comic-Con
    Game developer Ubisoft if finalizing a deal with NBC to get the rights to develop a video games based on 'Heroes'. Variety is reporting that the company and or studio is likely to announce the game at the San Diego Comic-Con later this week.
    Source: http://www.heroes-tv.com/modules/news/article-1894.html

Sooo... Since Telltale takes care of CSI for Ubisoft.. does this mean it might just happen they'll hire Telltale to do the Heroes game? Now, that would be awesome!

Ubisoft has already bought the Lost licence as well.. And thinking, just thinking as Telltale is looking after licences to develop games for...and they have already gotten such good contact with Ubisoft.... It might just happen they'll be hired in to do those two as well. Oh, and I hope both licences will be made into adventure games, anyway.
  • MelMel
    edited July 2007
    Lost is already being developed by someone (the Ubisoft studio in Montreal) for X360, PS3 and PC. They're showing a trailer at Comic Con (very soon as a matter of fact, like in 30 minutes). It sounds like an action/adventure game to me.
    About the Game
    As a passenger of Oceanic flight 815, you survived the crash and find yourself on an uncharted island somewhere in the Pacific Ocean. As you begin to unravel mysteries of the island, you begin to discover secrets of your own. You will have to understand your past mistakes in order to survive and find your way home…

• Play as a survivor of Oceanic Flight 815: Confront your dark past, seek your redemption, and ultimately find a way home.
    • Authentic ‘Lost’ experience: Explore familiar locations, unravel mysteries, and interact with the main characters from the show.
    • Survive the challenges that the island throws at you: Solve puzzles, outsmart enemies, battle the smoke monster, and overcome many other challenges to survive the island and come out alive.
  • edited July 2007
    Hey, guys.
    It was great to meet you all today. Hope to see you again next year.

-Allen
  • edited July 2007
    Veovis wrote: »
    Hey, guys.
    It was great to meet you all today. Hope to see you again next year.

-Allen

Dude, what new merch did they have? Use words like shiny, and grand!
  • edited July 2007
    I kinda wish now I'd asked Steve about the comic where Max is replaced with a monkey. I think the camera crew kind of made me uneasy. Every time I said something, I noticed the camera turn into my face.
    'Twas fun, though :) I got the Season One poster and a big surreal print of Sam and Max. They are now framed and going to be hung on my wall in a decorative manner pending my move to a new house next week.
    Til' then, seeya.
  • edited July 2007
    It sounds like you had a great time at Comic Con, Allen. I hope that you swiped a whole bunch of free stuff. I noticed a printed copy of the Telltale Interloper, Sam & Max Buttons, and other assorted items in your photos. I'm envious, really. I wish that I could have gotten away to attend Comic Con this year. Oh, well, maybe next year.

By the way, I'm still waiting on the monkey comic, too. Who knows, maybe Steve will finish it in time for the revised edition of Sam & Max Surfin' the Highway.
  • edited July 2007
    will the telltale interloper, those buttons, the surreal print and others stuff be coming to the telltale store too? I just know about the book and poster print art cover that will be coming for sure! Please say they will! If anyone at telltale sees this .. can I purchase some if you have any left over? Ive been dying for telltale items and s & m items!
    edited July 2007
    What a rush. Our booth went great, I won't reveal how great but lets just say our expenses were more than covered... which certainly wasn't the case at Wondercon. I didn't make it to any panels and didn't see all the things I wanted because of how glued to the booth I was, but I managed to get my Sam & Max and Day of the Tentacle signed by the proper folks, chat with Emily and finally meet Jake (who somehow knew I was from Something Awful).

Good times. Can't wait to listen to my Season 1 soundtrack.
  • edited July 2007
    The surreal print I got from Steve (ran out of cash, couldn't afford the sketchbook) can be seen on my Flickr account.
    922858031_7c83577778.jpg
    923767716_47e9271656.jpg
    923767816_10dd575fae.jpg

Sorry about the mess in pic 1, I'm currently in the middle of moving.
    And yes, that is the Scottish Royal Banner behind the frame.
  • edited July 2007
    renewal scandal :D:D:D
    edited July 2007
    We had tons of the printed interloper left over but I'm not sure how many Jake is bringing back (he doesn't have a ton of extra space in the car). The buttons are the same ones that are in the case file, and the print Allan bought is the now out-of-print Office print that we no longer have in the store. Steve had a few left over and those were the ones he was selling.

Just curious - if we have extra interlopers and put them in the store, how many of you would buy them? (And for how much?) They're Comic-Con specific so they'll be outdated, but they are sort of a collector's item. :D (Unfortunately we can't just add them to the store for free because we have to pay Digital River and the warehouse money to have them available.)
  • edited July 2007
    How low can you go?

Also, is it printed on newsprint?

You could always give them away with orders!
  • MelMel
    edited July 2007
    $2.00 to $3.00 (I don't know if that would cover costs).
  • edited July 2007
    I'd love one...
    But I'll already ordered and are waiting for the Surfin' The Highway reprint before making more orders, I hope that the new poster and sketchbook no.2 is still in stock then by the way, and I guess that I would pick up The Interloper for a few bucks too, if it was available.
  • edited July 2007
    I'm sorry, but I wouldn't buy an Interloper separately. If it was thrown in with something else, I would consider it though.

And I must say, that button looks great, that will definitely end up on my messenger bag as soon as I get the case file. :D
    edited July 2007
    Don't be sorry. I asked because I wasn't sure if anyone would pay for it, and if no one would, then it's not worth it for us to put them in the store. ;)

They would probably have to be ~$3 for us to recoup our costs, but that's just a guess, I haven't done the math.
  • edited July 2007
    Actually I was going to recommend making a printed Telltale newspaper/magazine and selling it on subscription like Sierra did with their Interaction magazine. I would be willing to subscribe to it, if it was made on a monthly or quarterly schedule. :) $4.99 or so per edition sounds fairly reasonable to me.
  • edited July 2007
    How about shipping out an Interloper with orders over $15 or something?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.