TWD OSX Episode 3 stuck at 99.50% - HELP

edited September 2012 in Game Support
I have noticed through a few threads that people are complaining of the OSX Episode 3 download stopping at 99.50%, as my download has, and after some hang time (30-45 minutes) crashes the application.

From other threads this occurred in Episode 2.

I did not have this problem, although I did have download issues for Episode 2.

Perhaps we can keep the issues isolated to their own threads so they can be better managed by TT support staff.

If you have the 99.50% issue (as opposed to random percentage download crashes) please list in this thread.

Comments

• edited August 2012
    I had the problem for episode 2, and now episode 3.
  • edited August 2012
    I never had this problem for Episode 2. But I do for episode 3... So fucking fed up with Telltale and their buggy bullshit.
  • edited August 2012
    +1 the same problem over here D:
  • edited August 2012
    99.50% again. About to commence attempt #4.
  • edited August 2012
    Yep, just had another go myself RexHunt, 40 minutes wasted and still stopped at 99.50%.

Funny thing, its the application that hangs not the download, if I turn off my internet it does not register but it does before 99.50%

Damn Telltale....
  • edited August 2012
    99.50% yet again. I'll try one more time before I call it a night.
  • edited August 2012
    Same problem, waiting for telltale to sort out a fix. Tried closing all possible apps and then installing but still gets stuck. I wonder if anyone has got the mac version to work. These episodes should be properly tested before they get released
  • edited August 2012
    99.50% for the fifth time. I feel like I'm stuck in an abusive relationship that I'm not brave enough to walk away from.
  • edited August 2012
    Me too. Absolute s**t

Another rock-solid Telltale release.
  • edited August 2012
    Yep. Stalls at 99.50% for me to. But don't worry TT should have an update ready just after Christmas.
  • edited August 2012
    I had this exact same problem, it twice downloading to 99.50% before crashing.

This is what solved it for me:

It went into graphic settings and turned everything to low or off (anti-aliasing, the screen resolution, shadow, etc.). I also made it full screen (it wasn't before).

Suddenly the download now comes in at a phenomenal speed, and completed at 100% in no time.

Try it yourself. I hope it works for you. :)
  • edited August 2012
    I had this exact same problem, it twice downloading to 99.50% before crashing.

This is what solved it for me:

It went into graphic settings and turned everything to low or off (anti-aliasing, the screen resolution, shadow, etc.). I also made it full screen (it wasn't before).

Suddenly the download now comes in at a phenomenal speed, and completed at 100% in no time.

Try it yourself. I hope it works for you. :)

Alfredo! Sir! You are a genius!
    Doing as you said worked and fixed it for my iMac!
    I am finally able to play episode 3!

Well done and a big thank you! :)
    I have no idea how you figured this one out! :D
  • edited August 2012
    Well thanks for the tip, but it didnt work for me.

Still stuck at 99.50%.

Why cant it load to 5% before it stops, 99.50% is torture......
  • edited August 2012
    Didn't work for me either. What a waste of time.

Telltale can go fuck themselves.
  • edited August 2012
    Tried it, but no joy. 99.50%, once again.

This problem existed with episode 2 as well. I gather Telltale has put it on the 'suck it, Mac users!' list, as it will magically just fix itself once the game is released on DVD and we don't have to download episodes.
  • edited August 2012
    Real slow download and at 99.50%... Nothing! Three times now.
  • edited August 2012
    Another instalment that promised so much and delivered so little.

I am really hoping that we get better communication this time.

Oh well, no work for TT on weekends so I guess I give up for a couple of days.
  • edited August 2012
    Based on the track record for episode 2, I highly doubt it.
  • edited August 2012
    I've managed to get it to install just now. Either - thanks to Telltale for fixing the issue fairly quickly or I just got lucky
  • edited August 2012
    I've managed to get it to install just now. Either - thanks to Telltale for fixing the issue fairly quickly or I just got lucky

You just got lucky...
  • edited August 2012
    Lucky wench. That was what, my seventh failure? I'll try again next week. Hell may have frozen over.
  • edited August 2012
    Yep. You were lucky. I've tried half a dozen time today with the 4-5 from yesterday......buggered if I know why TT cant get a download package right
  • edited August 2012
    I tried several times. On the time I tried and it worked, the download went MUCH quicker right from the beginning so I had a little hope. I disconnected from the internet to skip straight to the menu without having to wait the 20-30mins and then cmd+F out to turn the internet back on and went on to the download and then clicked 'get' on the episode. I'd already used that technique before but the only thing I can think that I did different was being quite slow between clicking through to the download page and clicking on the get button as I was occupied elsewhere so maybe take it slowly?! I dunno. I just finished the episode anyway, think the last is my favourite so far but it's good fun. Best of luck
  • edited September 2012
    Folks. With all the graphics set to minimum, make sure you're in full screen mode too. It's worked for a couple of others.
  • edited September 2012
    More information for those still having trouble:

The game MUST be in full-screen mode for the ENTIRE duration of your download. You must NOT be looking in another window or have a browser open DO NOT leave it to download in the background. DO NOT cmd+tab into another window. Doing any of these things WILL make it crash before it reaches 100% EVERY TIME (this is what those whose downloads fail at 40 to 50% or whatever might be doing).

So:

1) All graphics and screen resolution set to LOW or OFF.
    2) Game full screen, on the screen, for the entire time of the download

I hope this works for you, but Telltale really should fix it properly.
  • edited September 2012
    Done this a few times, guys. No dice. I might try later on today.
  • edited September 2012
    It doesn't work. I've tried it. It's telltale's responsibility to issue a patch to fix this issue.
    Which they won't do, because they absolutely suck.
  • edited September 2012
    I solemnly swear not to pre-order another Telltale game.
  • edited September 2012
    Definitely doesn't work in any combination I have tried.

Restart imac, nothing else running, 640*480 full screen, all graphics set to low/off.

Tried both download from main menu or from within save game a number of times.

Each and every time, regardless of combination, I get to 99.50%.

Telltale this has been a very disappointing experience from Episode 2 and now Episode 3.

I agree with RexHunt, no more preordering, wait for the completed game, just not worth the grief.
  • tn1tn1
    edited September 2012
    I finally managed to download it guys.

1. I disabled all antivirus and internet security (I have MacKeeper installed).
    2. Went to Settings>Security>Firewall and added TheWalkingDead app to allow all incoming connections.
    3. Opened the app, allowed it to update in the background at the first screen, turned everything to low/off, resolution 640x480, stayed full screen during the download.
    (I don't know if it matters but I didn't go to Download Content. Instead I hit Play and then Get, at the Episode 3 screen.)

Hope it helps.
  • edited September 2012
    I have tried for 5th time now. Lowering all graphics etc, (even turning sounds off!). For my 1st and 2nd attempt I did none of these thing. At that time the download went at a slow, steady pace, taking bout 4hours to reach 99.50%. Since lowering everything (attempt 3-5) it goes suuuuper fast (in about 10minutes) to 70-ish percent and then slows down eventually doing 0.01% every three seconds. When it gets to 99.50% it stops, and stays there. Will try go the other route (in other words, not the "download content"-route) and see if it works. Otherwise I'll just have to wait til TellTale gets us a fix. Have had no problems whatsoever with the game before so a bit bummed, but hey, as long as they get it fixed.
  • edited September 2012
    Nope. Happyplaying, PanicProne.

Telltale: 99.50% again. Please fix this.
  • edited September 2012
    Well, 6th attempt, but no success. Fast up to 70% then slowing down, getting slower and slower and at last, finally, stuck at 99,50% again. Bring on the fix!
  • edited September 2012
    I, like many others, have the same annoying problem. I can't believe that Telltale won't answer any of these post... I have tried everything...

Here is what I have done so far:
    - full screen off, all graphics to low or off.
    - full screen off, all graphics to low or off, no internet until hit the "get" button.
    - full screen on, all graphics to low or off.
    - full screen on, smallest resolution posible, all graphics to low or off, all programs closed, nobody else using my internet.
    - After getting 99.50%, try again, and again... and again.
    - I've even sang a song to the game to see if that helps and nothing!

I really hate Telltale, they should worry about the happiness of all their clients! we are not demanding a better story, or a better game play... we are demanding to PLAY the $%^& game, a game we all bought because we thought that it was going to be awesome... I am really disappointing.
    I know that a lot of people have been trying to contact Telltale for a while to tell about this problem and that they have answer "we are working on a solution"... Well that solution, I'm pretty sure, would never arrive.

I hope someone finds a solution for Mac and PC!
  • edited September 2012
    Just relax. Sometimes I can't believe how much anger these forums contain. The game (episode 3) was released less than a week ago on multiple platforms and if they say they're working on a solution I bet they are. TellTale themselves would be the ones most eager to fix an issue like this and I'm sure they eventually will. I'm also a bit annoyed, but remember, you are writing this on a sunday evening and like "normal" people I reckon TellTale staff have the weekend off too. So just wait and see. I bet when you get episode 3, it will all be worth it.
  • edited September 2012
    They didn't fix the problem when episode 2 came out, PanicProne.
  • edited September 2012
    More information for those still having trouble:

The game MUST be in full-screen mode for the ENTIRE duration of your download. You must NOT be looking in another window or have a browser open DO NOT leave it to download in the background. DO NOT cmd+tab into another window. Doing any of these things WILL make it crash before it reaches 100% EVERY TIME (this is what those whose downloads fail at 40 to 50% or whatever might be doing).

So:

1) All graphics and screen resolution set to LOW or OFF.
    2) Game full screen, on the screen, for the entire time of the download

I hope this works for you, but Telltale really should fix it properly.

Mine was all set to the highest quality graphics in windowed mode during the download when I got it to work for me so I don't believe any of this matters. Looks like you've just got to get lucky. I'd advice to keep trying until the download looks like it's going faster than usual from the beginning, if it's going at the usual speed, restart and try again until it appears to be going faster then leave it and it should make it past the 99.50%
  • edited September 2012
    Obviously everyone who got it to work when they happened to be doing whatever at the time is picking up on all these specific things they did and expecting that they made a difference. It's all nonsense. I was brushing my teeth, having a crap whilst doing a handstand whilst my downloaded, you MUST do that or it won't work
  • edited September 2012
    Obviously everyone who got it to work when they happened to be doing whatever at the time is picking up on all these specific things they did and expecting that they made a difference. It's all nonsense. I was brushing my teeth, having a crap whilst doing a handstand whilst my downloaded, you MUST do that or it won't work

Bugger. I did this in the wrong order, and took a crap first before brushing my teeth! I'll have to wait until my next bowel movement to try and download it. :)
  • edited September 2012
    26105700.jpg
This discussion has been closed.