Games you'd like to see Telltale make

edited December 2007 in General Chat
Post here some games you'd like to see Telltale games make - whether it be a new series you've just invented, or a sequel to something (remember - it doesn't actually have to be possible). :)

I'd like to see Telltale make:
  • Simon the Sorcerer 5 (yes, I know there is one out in Germany, but I doubt that'll ever get an English release, sadly)
  • Monkey Island 5
  • Bone: Episode 3
:D!

Comments

• edited August 2007
    Zazzle & Fib. An intelligent snake partner must be the single most abusable inventory item an adventurer can wish for. With nothing to hold Telltale back, I foresee some truly hilarious adventures.
  • edited August 2007
    "It must be hard finding copyrighted character names these days." ;)

200th post. Hooray for pointless achievements!
  • edited August 2007
    Maniac Mansion 3 (new story) or Day of the Tentacle 2 (sequel to Maniac Mansion 2)
  • edited August 2007
    full throttle 2
  • DanHDanH Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2007
    Harald B wrote: »
    Zazzle & Fib. An intelligent snake partner must be the single most abusable inventory item an adventurer can wish for. With nothing to hold Telltale back, I foresee some truly hilarious adventures.
    In my studies of the many volumes of the Zazzle and Fib cannon, I've always seen Fib (the snake) as Zapp Brannigan's Kif. He's smart, he's often abused by his counterpart (if only he had opposable thumbs, he'd get to keep his cool shades and hat) but he's the brains of the operation.

Since Fib doesn't have hands, he always needs Zazzle to interact with the world. It would be interesting to have a game where you play a character that knows what's going on and has to manipulate the clueless but powerful Zazzle into doing something that will help him achieve his goals.
  • SquinkySquinky Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2007
    Reminds me of the concept of an Inspector Gadget game that someone once brought up.
  • edited August 2007
    DAY OF THE TENTACLE II!!!
  • edited August 2007
    Another day of the tentacle would most likey be a let down regardless. I can see it being very difficult to make a sequel to and people wouldn't be happy unless it included most elements from the original. But then people would complain it's just a rehash. No one will be happy in the end.
  • edited August 2007
    Maniac Mansion 3: Day of the Tentacle II: Tentacular! : The Musical - is that a good title?
  • SquinkySquinky Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2007
    Too many colons.
  • MarkDarinMarkDarin Former Telltale Staff
    edited August 2007
    Squinky wrote: »
    Too many colons.

No such thing! Why if I were to name a game it would be nothing but colons!

COLON: Colon colon: Colon:: :
  • edited August 2007
    Colon Wars: The Intestine Chronicles
  • edited August 2007
    Monkey Island 5
  • edited August 2007
    Too many colons.

Then avoid Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters at all costs :P
  • edited August 2007
    Too many colons.

As many as mentioned in the commentary for Episode 2?

"Sam and Max : Season One : Episode Two : Situation : Comedy"

... Hmm, that's four, one more than my title :p
  • edited August 2007
    xChri5x wrote: »
    Another day of the tentacle would most likey be a let down regardless. I can see it being very difficult to make a sequel to and people wouldn't be happy unless it included most elements from the original. But then people would complain it's just a rehash. No one will be happy in the end.

Nah, I don't think so! Wasn't PT sent to Syberia? :D He's still alive, a good chance to make him come back! :cool:
  • edited August 2007
    No mention of grim fandango?... Where is the loom sequel.."will sheer for sequel"
    Some type of Zak McKracken Sequel, Can we get a nick bounty telltale game.. please? ;) I can think of many others but I stayed in the lucasarts area..
  • edited August 2007
    Sam & Max Pinball.
  • edited August 2007
    Barney Google (episodic)

(my favorite comic strip series from the 1950s, dunno if its still around or not, but it was gold, the hero was an old about town man named Barney Google, who got into all sorts of mishaps, my favorite of which was the Eli Whitney story)

BarneyGoogle.gif

Futurama or The Simpsons (episodic)
    Telltale is already making games based on two other comics/ TV series.

A Lovecraft story of some sort (adventure)
  • edited August 2007
    Telltale Team Racing
  • edited August 2007
    Not a Lucasarts sequel. Come on, this isn't just Lucasarts the second, this is an entirely new company. But in all honesty, what the hell ever happened to Bone?
  • edited August 2007
    Well, I'd like to see some original new game by Telltale too, but it seemed pretty obvious this thread was referring to already well known games and/or characters. But whatever, I'd like a new episodic series based on the viking world with a main character that can't wear his two-horned helmet properly because it's oversized, then he unscrews (can I say that in english?) one of the horns and finds a map which brings to a non-specified something and his quest is to discover that stuff. Oh, he's also weak and the other viking guys are super strong.
  • edited August 2007
    you can say that in english
  • edited August 2007
    Cool, thanks pal :)
  • edited August 2007
    Not really a game...but programmable like one...GAMETAP REDESIGN! Have Sam & Max in it "helping" you...LOL:D
  • edited September 2007
    some awesome FPS, or tactical based game instead or point and click
  • edited September 2007
    some awesome FPS, or tactical based game instead or point and click

i hope he is joking
  • edited September 2007
    patters wrote: »
    i hope he is joking

Seconding that motion.
  • edited September 2007
    I'd quite like to see what someone (sorry, can't remember who it was) mentioned in another thread - Asterix and Obelix! They're comic book characters, so they'd fight right in. :)

img57-1.gif
  • edited September 2007
    patters wrote: »
    i hope he is joking

why would i be joking? even though the company profile might be point and click, you change style and suprise everybody
  • edited September 2007
    Badwolf wrote: »
    Seconding that motion.

why? explain why not?
  • edited September 2007
    why? explain why not?

Firstly, Telltale is a company for adventure games and secondly, I don't think any of the team have had experience in FPS.

I know I wouldn't buy a Telltale made FPS (not being harsh, I don't like FPS).
  • jmmjmm
    edited September 2007
    Its prefereble to focus in one area and do it right, than attempting to do all and wrong.

FPS games are too different to adventure games. And switching focus, well its like asking McDonalds to switch to Car building, can't happen overnight and will cost a lot of money and effort.

Maybe in time, when TT grows, TT can focus on more similar genres (e.g.: RPGs) and maybe later FPS.
  • edited September 2007
    How many FPSs are there out there right now? I was sick of them years ago, and I'm even more sick of them now.

When a developer like Telltale comes along and makes something different, like the point and click games they have been making, it's a real breath of fresh air.
    The last thing I'd want is the first developer in years to create successful and actually GOOD point and click games to put the genre aside for yet another FPS series.

The last thing I'd want to see Telltale do is a LucasArts (ie, pushing aside all point and click games to focus on more action based games).
  • jmmjmm
    edited September 2007
    TT Dunk Tank for the Wii.
    Select your favorite TT team, former Intern or Character and dunk him (or her)
  • edited September 2007
    I always thought Calvin and Hobbes would make an excellent adventure game, you know sort of childish, but also sort of ageless.
  • edited September 2007
    Star War- The Third Gathers: The Backstroke of the West. I foresee a best selling game based on this.

http://winterson.com/2005/06/episode-iii-backstroke-of-west.html

for the ones who haven't seen it. (Only somewhat SFW)
  • edited September 2007
    Badwolf wrote: »
    How many FPSs are there out there right now? I was sick of them years ago, and I'm even more sick of them now.

When a developer like Telltale comes along and makes something different, like the point and click games they have been making, it's a real breath of fresh air.
    The last thing I'd want is the first developer in years to create successful and actually GOOD point and click games to put the genre aside for yet another FPS series.

The last thing I'd want to see Telltale do is a LucasArts (ie, pushing aside all point and click games to focus on more action based games).

yeah but, the companies almost don't even know they exist, and since they came form Lucas arts..not a good track recored... yes maybe point and click are refreshing but your are a very small percentage who likes this stuff hardcore
  • edited September 2007
    jmm wrote: »
    Its prefereble to focus in one area and do it right, than attempting to do all and wrong.

FPS games are too different to adventure games. And switching focus, well its like asking McDonalds to switch to Car building, can't happen overnight and will cost a lot of money and effort.

Maybe in time, when TT grows, TT can focus on more similar genres (e.g.: RPGs) and maybe later FPS.

yeah but point and clicks are not hard to create either, i want them to try something more challenging
  • edited September 2007
    Firstly, Telltale is a company for adventure games and secondly, I don't think any of the team have had experience in FPS.

I know I wouldn't buy a Telltale made FPS (not being harsh, I don't like FPS).

yes i know that...geez!!! but it's something different
Sign in to comment in this discussion.