Refund!

edited September 2012 in Game Support
I dont expect a refund on episode 1, 2 and 3. But who do i talk to about a refund for episode 4 and 5 that i paid for, but is not yet released?
I dont need the refund, but its the only way i can state that i think this game is crap.

Comments

• edited September 2012
    Lars80 wrote: »
    I dont expect a refund on episode 1, 2 and 3. But who do i talk to about a refund for episode 4 and 5 that i paid for, but is not yet released?
    I dont need the refund, but its the only way i can state that i think this game is crap.

It's not crap, it's just pointless to play as an RPG/Choice game and just see it in your head as as interactive dialogue/movie
  • edited September 2012

*Grabs popcorn* This should be good. :D
  • edited September 2012
    Would you rather a quality product for your money? A great story, no bugs, and a overall great game? Or something that is rushed with a predictable story, numerous bugs, and uninteresting characters?

If you can't be patient go play an FPS.
  • ThadeumThadeum Banned
    edited September 2012
    This game is very good, and very mature.

State me any other game where you can chop off a leg or a head by clicking multiple times on your target, with such gore details?

State me any other game where you have to decide who must live or die, including children?

Man, this game is awesome. Yes it's more an interactive movie, but you can replay it and it gets some replayability value.
  • edited September 2012
    MichaCHOW wrote: »
    It's not crap, it's just pointless to play as an RPG/Choice game and just see it in your head as as interactive dialogue/movie

You are entitled to your opinion.
    And so am i.
    The game is crap.
  • edited September 2012
    Motordead wrote: »
    Would you rather a quality product for your money? A great story, no bugs, and a overall great game? Or something that is rushed with a predictable story, numerous bugs, and uninteresting characters?

If you can't be patient go play an FPS.

I will go play an FPS.
    But as of right now i want a refund for episode 4 and 5 which has not been delivered. 1, 2 and 3 episodes is more than enough for me.
  • edited September 2012
    Thadeum wrote: »
    Man, this game is awesome. Yes it's more an interactive movie, but you can replay it and it gets some replayability value.
    :D:D:D:D Replay value is some about 2 pessos...
  • edited September 2012
    State me any other game where you have to decide who must live or die, including children?

Actually, NOT TWG - you don't decide in TWG who must live and who must die :)
  • edited September 2012
    You are entitled to your opinion.
    And so am i.
    The game is crap.

Than call Telltale support, send in a email, don't know what good will help you complaining on the forums.

So what is it you really wanted from a Telltale game?
  • edited September 2012
    This game is very good, and very mature.

State me any other game where you can chop off a leg or a head by clicking multiple times on your target, with such gore details?

The gore details are messed up and wrong.
    As far as i know i didnt make a single decision that decided who got to live or die. As of 3rd episode the decisions me and my friend made, made no difference to our game. Outcome is the same.

You can think this game is awesome.
    To me it is a mediocre movie, where i get to decide the dialouge. Outcome is the same though.

I respect that you think this game is awesome. But this is not what i paid for.
  • edited September 2012
    I will go play an FPS.
    But as of right now i want a refund for episode 4 and 5 which has not been delivered. 1, 2 and 3 episodes is more than enough for me.
    I got your point. It looks like they known the game is crap so they rather got prepaid..
  • edited September 2012
    Than call Telltale support, send in a email, don't know what good will help you complaining on the forums.

So what is it you really wanted from a Telltale game?

I wanted what they promised me.
    A game where i make the decisions, and where my decisions make a difference. Neverwinter nights gave me more than the walking dead has. And that game is 10 years old.
  • edited September 2012
    As far as i know i didnt make a single decision that decided who got to live or die. As of 3rd episode the decisions me and my friend made, made no difference to our game. Outcome is the same.

To me it is a mediocre movie, where i get to decide the dialouge. Outcome is the same though.

Here's the thing though, you can't expect Telltale to write a unique story for each choice, the time and effort would be insane. They would just be releasing episode 2 by now. Now i'm positive that at the end of the season there will be multiple endings, all based on every decision you make in the game so far.
  • edited September 2012

The choices you make in one episode come back to haunt you in the next and the others as well. Plus TWD is better then any FPS I have ever played. FPS are just all the same...run, shoot, kill someone, reach a point, rinse, lather, repeat, ??? *shrugs*, profit. Characters are boring and so is the story. TWD has great characters, a great story and is very addictive.
  • edited September 2012
    You, guys, who defend TTG on choices side, don't play other modern adventure games, I believe?
  • edited September 2012
    Here's the thing though, you can't expect Telltale to write a unique story for each choice, the time and effort would be insane. They would just be releasing episode 2 by now. Now i'm positive that at the end of the season there will be multiple endings, all based on every decision you make in the game so far.

I let that fool me for 3 episodes now.
    At this point i dont feel like bothering with episode 4 and 5.

Look at this forum, since episode 3 you dont see many people discussing episode 4. Its all about how much episode 3 sucks.

Its good that you like the game. Keep on playing then.
    I dont need the money, i just dont want telltale to have it. They have not delivered and this is the only way for me to show i am not satisfied. Fear not, they wont notice or care.
  • edited September 2012
    Zargus wrote: »
    The choices you make in one episode come back to haunt you in the next and the others as well. Plus TWD is better then any FPS I have ever played. FPS are just all the same...run, shoot, kill someone, reach a point, rinse, lather, repeat, ??? *shrugs*, profit. Characters are boring and so is the story. TWD has great characters, a great story and is very addictive.

What great characters does TWD have?
    As far as i can see its Clem and Lee. Clem is a kid.
    Kenny.... Well, hes not much of a character anymore.
    Ben. Who the hell is Ben?
    And those 3 new people. Sorry.... Im done.
    Matter of fact, Lee died in my game, alongside many of the other group members. You know how bad that ZA is when 4 group members died in such a short time and the 5th left.
    Kenny and Ben are now raising Clem.
  • edited September 2012
    Maugly wrote: »
    You, guys, who defend TTG on choices side, don't play other modern adventure games, I believe?

Actually I do play a lot of modern adventure games as well as a lot of others too.
    What great characters does TWD have?
    As far as i can see its Clem and Lee. Clem is a kid.
    Kenny.... Well, hes not much of a character anymore.
    Ben. Who the hell is Ben?
    And those 3 new people. Sorry.... Im done.
    Matter of fact, Lee died in my game, alongside many of the other group members. You know how bad that ZA is when 4 group members died in such a short time and the 5th left.
    Kenny and Ben are now raising Clem.

Lee, Clem, Carley (Even though she is dead) Kenny. And did you expect that new people would not join Lee's group? If so then you really have no idea what the Walking Dead is about.
  • edited September 2012

I thought the game was promising for 3 episodes. And that is why i dont want a refund for those. But i lost interest.
  • edited September 2012
    The choises you make in one episode come back to haunt you in the next. Plus TWD is better then any FPS I have ever played. FPS are just all the same...run, shoot, kill someone, reach a point, rinse, lather, repeat, ??? *shrugs*, profit.

Exactly, and those games sell for $60 a pop. If you're worried about a $25 game and want $10 back for the last 2 episodes your crazy. If you enjoyed the story, its worth it. Each episode playing the first time through is like a movie. This movie costs $5 not $8 - $15 for a movie ticket. You can pick and choose the options that will later determine what will happen to you.

If this game has given you at least a little bit of enjoyment the first time through playing it, it's worth the money you've spent. You should have bought the episodes separately, so don't blame Telltale for you buying a package deal.
  • edited September 2012
    Please QQ Some more. It entertains me. The game follows a adequate storyline, It has blood and gore, and is for mature people. You can't find games like this anymore, Trust me. I played video games for as long as I can remember. Not to say i'm a fat fuck, I'm slim. OKAY BACK TO THE TOPIC.
    If you don't like the game, Lay off and play your shitty fanboy call of duty.
    I hate people who don't appreciate the hard effort telltale gives just to gives us The best story-wise games. Lay off, Kind Sir. Lay off.
  • edited September 2012
    Why should they refund you money that you spent knowing that you may not like the product?

If I go buy a blu ray movie and watch half of it and don't like it, can I return it and say "Nope.. Not good.. I only watched half of this movie so give me half my money back, this thing is crap.

Not gonna happen and very doubtful you get your money back. It doesn't even seem like it would be worth the hassle for 10 bucks.
  • edited September 2012
    I let that fool me for 3 episodes now.
    At this point i dont feel like bothering with episode 4 and 5.

Look at this forum, since episode 3 you dont see many people discussing episode 4. Its all about how much episode 3 sucks.

Its good that you like the game. Keep on playing then.
    I dont need the money, i just dont want telltale to have it. They have not delivered and this is the only way for me to show i am not satisfied. Fear not, they wont notice or care.

I hope they don't notice you or even care about what you're saying because its completely rage filled and unreasonable. Its clear you made this thread to induce conflict.
  • edited September 2012
    jaybreezy wrote: »
    Why should they refund you money that you spent knowing that you may not like the product?

If I go buy a blu ray movie and watch half of it and don't like it, can I return it and say "Nope.. Not good.. I only watched half of this movie so give me half my money, this thing is crap.

Not gonna happen and very doubtful you get your money back. It doesn't even seem like it would be worth the hassle for 10 bucks.

/agree
  • edited September 2012
    Exactly, and those games sell for $60 a pop. If you're worried about a $25 game and want $10 back for the last 2 episodes your crazy. If you enjoyed the story, its worth it. Each episode playing the first time through is like a movie. This movie costs $5 not $8 - $15 for a movie ticket. You can pick and choose the options that will later determine what will happen to you.

If this game has given you at least a little bit of enjoyment the first time through playing it, it's worth the money you've spent. You should have bought the episodes separately, so don't blame Telltale for you buying a package deal.

I already stated i do not care for the 10$. But those 10$ is my way of saying i think this game sucks.
    And since i did not recieve episode 4 and 5 yet i want a refund before they are available.

I dont enjoy the story, so its not worth it.
    And the choices i made for 3 episodes doesnt make a difference at all. Why would i bother with another 2 episodes. I hear there is another walking dead coming, perhaps its better. Perhaps its worth my money.
    If i thought telltales game was worth it i could spend 25$ per episode and i wouldnt think twice about it.

As for package deal, it was the only thing available for PC afaik.
  • edited September 2012
    I thought the game was promising for 3 episodes. And that is why i dont want a refund for those. But i lost interest.

What made you lose interest then? And if it is because people died or left and new people joined then that is a silly reason. It happens in the comics and the TV show. You just can not expect the same people to stay alive for a long time. Eventually they will all end up being killed at some point. This is the harsh reality of The Walking Dead. Enjoy your stay :p

If I go buy a blu ray movie and watch half of it and don't like it, can I return it and say "Nope.. Not good.. I only watched half of this movie so give me half my money back, this thing is crap.

^Agreed
  • edited September 2012
    I hope they don't notice you or even care about what you're saying because its completely rage filled and unreasonable. Its clear you made this thread to induce conflict.

You think so?

If telltale dont care about their customers that is a pretty sad thing. Wouldnt suprise me though.

No rage, i just do not want to give telltale money for something they did not deliver. Ill donate the 10$ to some children hospital in Uganda. It will be better spent that way.
  • edited September 2012
    No rage, i just do not want to give telltale money for something they did not deliver. Ill donate the 10$ to some children hospital in Uganda. It will be better spent that way.

Ummm.. You don't know if they delivered or not because the episodes that you're asking for a refund for aren't out yet.

I wish you luck because most likely nothing is going to come of your refund request.

Point is. You took a chance on purchasing a product that you may or may not like. Unfortunately, you don't like it. Take the loss and move on.
  • edited September 2012
    What made you lose interest then? And if it is because people died or left and new people joined then that is a silly reason. It happens in the comics and the TV show. You just can not expect the same people to stay alive for a long time. Eventually they will all end up being killed at some point. This is the harsh reality of The Walking Dead. Enjoy your stay :p

I dont care about people dying. I expected Carley to die sooner or later, and we all knew Lilly was leaving.
    But i did realized just about every decision i made up untill this point doesnt matter at all.
    I think telltale opted for the easy way out when they wiped out the old group. That way they wiped out all the decisions you made in the process.
  • edited September 2012
    You think so?

If telltale dont care about their customers that is a pretty sad thing. Wouldnt suprise me though.

You are coming off as really petty you do know that don't you?
  • edited September 2012
    Ummm.. You don't know if they delivered or not because the episodes that you're asking for a refund for aren't out yet.

I wish you luck because most likely nothing is going to come of your refund request.

Point is. You took a chance on purchasing a product that you may or may not like. Unfortunately, you don't like it. Take the loss and move on.
    We'll see if i take the loss and move on. That depends on telltale and if they are willing to accept that i am "done".
    If its a loss ill survive. Only 10$. But ill never trust telltales promises again and my sympathy towards them when others turn to piracy will be gone.
  • edited September 2012
    You are coming off as really petty you do know that don't you?
    I am to old to worry about what people on an internet forum think of me.
  • edited September 2012
    If you don't like the game, Lay off and play your shitty fanboy call of duty.
    I hate people who don't appreciate the hard effort telltale gives just to gives us The best story-wise games. Lay off, Kind Sir. Lay off.

'The best story-wise games', you must be kidding me? Well yeah, the story itself is awesome, but from the game perspective TWD is somewhat inferior to The Dig, or Syberia, or Kanon. And guess what? You even get 5 storylines in Kanon, for like 30$. No blood and gore there, though.
    The problem with TWD is not the story, the problem is the grave advertising mistake and cuts they had to make to fit their time/financial plan. So I clearly understand why some people are so upset about this game.
  • edited September 2012
    I am to old to worry about what people on an internet forum think of me.

But not to cry about 10$ and point out the to people how it supposedly doesn't bother you what they think?
  • edited September 2012
    DreadMagus wrote: »
    But not to cry about 10$ and point out the to people how it supposedly doesn't bother you what they think?

As i said above. Its not about the 10$.
    I dont care about the 10$. But those 10$ is my way of saying i think this game is crap.
  • edited September 2012
    Maugly wrote: »
    'The best story-wise games', you must be kidding me? Well yeah, the story itself is awesome, but from the game perspective TWD is somewhat inferior to The Dig, or Syberia, or Kanon. And guess what? You even get 5 storylines in Kanon, for like 30$. No blood and gore there, though.
    The problem with TWD is not the story, the problem is the grave advertising mistake and cuts they had to make to fit their time/financial plan. So I clearly understand why some people are so upset about this game.

...........People shouldn't be upset. The game's story is great, But people can't appreciate it. Guess what? Fucking leave if you don't. The story is phenomenal, I have no idea what are you talking about. Kanon is a japanese novel, And I dislike everything japs make, But I do not dislike the people (Not racist, Just hate japanese shit.)
    Syberia = Walk on ice and shit. Who likes that? Telltale makes good shit unlike any other producer of these kinds of games. They made a game worth paying 40 bucks for, not 25 for all 5 episodes. When people learn how to appreciate the effort telltale gives for their games, They can come back.

Oh and yes, The problem is that which you listed. But the story is good, Though... I like it, My friends like it.
  • edited September 2012

See, that is just it.
    I havent recieved what i paid for yet.
    So i just want to cancel the purchase. They can keep the money for the 3 episodes i did play. But based on those 3 episodes i do not want to play episode 4 and 5.

It could be 1$. The refund is my way of saying im not satisfied.
    Episode 4 and 5 is not released yet, and it wont be for over a month. So your blu-ray example is a bad one.
  • edited September 2012
    I dont care about the 10$. But those 10$ is my way of saying i think this game is crap.

Well, you're most likely SOL.

Ever hear the phrase "Buyer beware"?
  • edited September 2012
    ...........People shouldn't be upset. The game's story is great, But people can't appreciate it. Guess what? Fucking leave if you don't. The story is phenomenal, I have no idea what are you talking about. Kanon is a japanese novel, And I dislike everything japs make, But I do not dislike the people (Not racist, Just hate japanese shit.)
    Syberia = Walk on ice and shit. Who likes that? Telltale makes good shit unlike any other producer of these kinds of games. They made a game worth paying 40 bucks for, not 25 for all 5 episodes. When people learn how to appreciate the effort telltale gives for their games, They can come back.

Oh and yes, The problem is that which you listed. But the story is good, Though... I like it, My friends like it.

I will leave.
    I simply want my 10$ back, so i can donate it to something else.

This isnt about the money. It could be 1$ or 100$. Doesnt matter.
    IMO telltale promised something they did not deliver.
  • edited September 2012

As someone said it is like getting half the money back for a DVD or a film ticket. It won't happen. It is ether a full refund or nothing at all.
This discussion has been closed.