Refund!

2»

Comments

• edited September 2012
    Lars80 wrote: »
    I will leave.
    I simply want my 10$ back, so i can donate it to something else.

This isnt about the money. It could be 1$ or 100$. Doesnt matter.
    IMO telltale promised something they did not deliver.

They promised something that they WILL Deliver, But in some time soon. Just be patient, Patience is the key.
  • edited September 2012
    It could be 1$. The refund is my way of saying im not satisfied. Episode 4 and 5 is not released yet, and it wont be for over a month. So your blu-ray example is a bad one.

Not really. Again, you bought the WHOLE package knowing there was a risk that you wouldn't like it. I buy a blu ray movie not knowing if I will like it or not. Each finish about half of the product and decide that we don't like it. I can't return my movie for half refund and you shouldn't be able to get a refund for your half either because we knew the risk when the purchase was made.

Like I said, good luck, but I really doubt it's going to happen.
  • edited September 2012
    ...........People shouldn't be upset. The game's story is great, But people can't appreciate it. Guess what? Fucking leave if you don't. The story is phenomenal, I have no idea what are you talking about. Kanon is a japanese novel, And I dislike everything japs make, But I do not dislike the people (Not racist, Just hate japanese shit.)
    Syberia = Walk on ice and shit. Who likes that? Telltale makes good shit unlike any other producer of these kinds of games. They made a game worth paying 40 bucks for, not 25 for all 5 episodes. When people learn how to appreciate the effort telltale gives for their games, They can come back.

Oh and yes, The problem is that which you listed. But the story is good, Though... I like it, My friends like it.

People are upset because it's a game, not the book or a film. And at the moment, TTG lacks one very important game element - interactivity. It's pretty much like Japanese novel, but without branching. As if you bought Blu-Ray disk with some drama only to found out that instead of watching good act you will be presented with bunch of screens of texts you have to read. Kinda something wrong, you know?
  • edited September 2012
    Maugly wrote: »
    And at the moment, TTG lacks one very important game element - interactivity.

I don't know what game you're playing but I interact a good bit in the one that I'm playing.

Are you saying we should be able to go full Rambo on zombies, free roam style?

"Goodbye group, I'll be over here with my nail covered baseball bat."

If that is why people are upset then they should go buy Left 4 Dead or Dead Rising.
  • edited September 2012
    lol no kidding.

It's an adventure game....
  • edited September 2012
    DreadMagus wrote: »
    Well, you're most likely SOL.

Ever hear the phrase "Buyer beware"?
    Probably.
    If i buy 5 movies. And 2 of them has not yet been released i can cancel the purchase for those 2 movies as long as there was no discount involved.
    And i did not recieve a discount when i bough the episodes.

This isnt about the money.
    I am gonna try to get a refund, then leave this game behind regardless of the outcome. But the outcome will decide my future with telltale. I will NOT pay money for another telltale product if they keep my 10$.
  • edited September 2012
    jaybreezy wrote: »
    I don't know what game you're playing but I interact a good bit in the one that I'm playing.

Are you saying we should be able to go full Rambo on zombies, free roam style?

"Goodbye group, I'll be over here with my nail covered baseball bat."

If that is why people are upset then they should go buy Left 4 Dead or Dead Rising.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/interactive

interactive: (of a computer program or system) interacting with a human user, often in a conversational way, to obtain data or commands and to give immediate results or updated information

I have stated many times out there: currently, the game takes our input and discards it to move on with the story. That's not something most people believe to be 'interactive'.
  • edited September 2012
    They promised something that they WILL Deliver, But in some time soon. Just be patient, Patience is the key.

Then you can stick around and wait for it.
    Ive waited since April. And 3 episodes later my interest is gone. And i dont think telltale delivered what they promised me.
  • edited September 2012
    Probably.
    If i buy 5 movies. And 2 of them has not yet been released i can cancel the purchase for those 2 movies as long as there was no discount involved.
    And i did not recieve a discount when i bough the episodes.

This isnt about the money.
    I am gonna try to get a refund, then leave this game behind regardless of the outcome. But the outcome will decide my future with telltale. I will NOT pay money for another telltale product if they keep my 10$.

Who did you buy it from again? Steam, PSN?

If either of those is the case, your issue is with them, not Telltale.

Makes me glad I play on a 360 - I can buy them one at a time...
  • edited September 2012
    Zargus wrote: »
    As someone said it is like getting half the money back for a DVD or a film ticket. It won't happen. It is ether a full refund or nothing at all.

Each episode is a DVD.
    Since when did you go see a film that wasnt finished yet. And you had to wait at the movies for the director to finish his work....
  • edited September 2012
    Each episode is a DVD.
    Since when did you go see a film that wasnt finished yet. And you had to wait at the movies for the director to finish his work....

No, the word "episode" by definition is part of a series creating a whole. At the end of all this, when Telltale creates a game disc, I promise you it will be one disc. Would you return 2/5ths of a game disc for refund?
  • edited September 2012
    DreadMagus wrote: »
    Who did you buy it from again? Steam, PSN?

If either of those is the case, your issue is with them, not Telltale.

Makes me glad I play on a 360 - I can buy them one at a time...

Eh, to be fair, the PS3 version can be bought episode-by-episode as well.
  • edited September 2012
    If you can give five reasons why you want a refund I'll say your right about the game oh and you can't say about the people dying
  • edited September 2012
    Each episode is a DVD.

The Walking Dead Season 1 is a whole. The episodes are part of a whole. You bought SEASON 1 = You bought it as a WHOLE. Took a chance when you bought season 1. If you don't like it, fine don't like it but don't argue for a refund when you should have weighed the possibility of disliking it when making the purchase.

Your argument is what's invalid.
  • edited September 2012
    The game isn't crap... and you won't get a refund. If you are disappointed express it by simply not buying any more of their products in the future.
  • edited September 2012
    Maugly wrote: »
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/interactive

interactive: (of a computer program or system) interacting with a human user, often in a conversational way, to obtain data or commands and to give immediate results or updated information.

Well... When we chose to save Carley over Doug the "computer" obtained that data and gave us Carly for episode 2 and 3 instead of Doug. We were able to interact with Carly for those two episodes instead of Doug, like we chose to do.

So, wouldn't that be the "immediate results" that we are supposed to get when we "interact"?

I'm not familiar with this type of game but I'm loving it and wish there were more like it. So, maybe I'm not seeing the argument that others are seeing but to me I'm "interacting" a lot in the game.
  • edited September 2012
    Xirsche wrote: »
    Eh, to be fair, the PS3 version can be bought episode-by-episode as well.

Didn't realize that.
  • edited September 2012
    Yeah, it's apparently only the PC version that requires full purchase instead of individual. Can't wait for Episode 4, the tension is so..well, tense!
  • edited September 2012
    You essentially paid for a subscription. This is no different than many of the VIP/Season Pass subscriptions that games like Call of Duty, Uncharted, etc have. If I paid $49.99 for CoD Elite and I do not like some of the content drops, I do not get a refund or partial refund. You paid for the full Season of the Walking Dead.

As for your comment of "Telltale didn't deliver what they promised", how the hell do you know that? There are still two episodes left and many of the decisions you have made thus far could very well effect the outcome of the game.

Regardless, you purchased a product that you knew damn well would be released episodically. Whether you enjoy the product is irrelevant.
  • edited September 2012
    haha life is a bitch!Read the fine print.This game is awsome.If this game makes you feel unpleasant then later in life you will struggle.Wait until you reach the age of 40`s then you will really bitch.Just like the bumper sticker says.:)
  • edited September 2012
    Lars, they're not going to give you your money back. That was apparent since they broke their promise of releasing a chapter every month. They got enough money from the season pass sales at this point that it doesn't matter if people stop buying individual chapters or pass on this game all together, they reached their sale goal.

If you truly want satisfaction, the only option left to you now is going outside the box- report them to the BBB. Doesn't matter if it succeeds or not, you will at least get some satisfaction that way.

And to the rest of you laughing it up and defending this game tooth and nail, you do realize that the choices of your actions shall have consequences for TTG in the end right? The last time gamers and a company laughed in the face of disgruntled customers with abandon one company was knocked offline for a long time and wound up paying more in the end money wise and apologizing in Japan like a humble b*tch while the CEO was replaced. The other other company that did that was voted "Worst Company in America" and lost most of it's stock value. While those two extremes may never happen to TTG, I can at least assure you that they shall lose out on word of mouth, future revenue, and have an increase in pirating of their games. So keep that in mind while you laugh at others and egg them on.
  • edited September 2012
    And to the rest of you laughing it up and defending this game tooth and nail, you do realize that the choices of your actions shall have consequences for TTG in the end right? The last time gamers and a company laughed in the face of disgruntled customers with abandon one company was knocked offline for a long time and wound up paying more in the end money wise and apologizing in Japan like a humble b*tch while the CEO was replaced. The other other company that did that was voted "Worst Company in America" and lost most of it's stock value. While those two extremes may never happen to TTG, I can at least assure you that they shall lose out on word of mouth, future revenue, and have an increase in pirating of their games. So keep that in mind while you laugh at others and egg them on.

Bla bla bla... Who in here is laughing it up?? All I saw were people telling him he was crazy in asking for a refund because he "didn't like it". He didn't say he was asking for a refund because of the delay which would be a WAY better excuse for a refund than "I don't like it".

I don't think there can be one thread where someone doesn't jump in and have something to say about the delay. It's almost like the delay is truly the end of the world.
  • edited September 2012
    That was apparent since they broke their promise of releasing a chapter every month.

I must say I'm sick of the sight of seeing stuff like this. Monthly release was never promised, just planned. And plans change. Sound like some kid, "ooh but you promised" but they never promised. Argh!
  • edited September 2012
    I wanted what they promised me.
    A game where i make the decisions, and where my decisions make a difference. Neverwinter nights gave me more than the walking dead has. And that game is 10 years old.

Keep comparing modern games to the games of the 90s (The Golden Age), bro-
    No faster way to stay bitter than that!

I wish I had a link to the instant refunds, I can see this is going to be pages and pages of people trying to convert a person stuck on games that were made from a different era (when quality mattered) and he's gonna keep coming back to references to things that arent being done anymore in the industry that you cannot counter and it will continue until someone falls asleep at the k/b
  • edited September 2012
    Xarne wrote: »
    Keep comparing modern games to the games of the 90s (The Golden Age), bro-
    No faster way to stay bitter than that!

I wish I had a link to the instant refunds, I can see this is going to be pages and pages of people trying to convert a person stuck on games that were made from a different era (when quality mattered) and he's gonna keep coming back to references to things that arent being done anymore in the industry that you cannot counter and it will continue until someone falls asleep at the k/b

You should read the topic before you reply.
    This has nothing to do with 10 dollars. 10$ is just a symbolic figure i couldnt care less about. Could be 1 $ or 100 $. Still not make much of a difference to me. This has to do with telltale not delivering what they "planned". Id pay 50$ per episode if i thought the game was worth it.
    You can be their advocate thinking they will give you a goldwatch and a diploma. But guess what, they wont. ;)

And you dont have to tell me i am the sucker. Because i know i am.
    I gave telltale my money, and i dont expect to get it back.
    Wont make the same mistake again. This is the last time i spend money on a game from them.
  • edited September 2012
    You should read the topic before you reply.
    This has nothing to do with 10 dollars. 10$ is just a symbolic figure i couldnt care less about. Could be 1 $ or 100 $. Still not make much of a difference to me. This has to do with telltale not delivering what they "planned". Id pay 50$ per episode if i thought the game was worth it.
    You can be their advocate thinking they will give you a goldwatch and a diploma. But guess what, they wont. ;)

And you dont have to tell me i am the sucker. Because i know i am.
    I gave telltale my money, and i dont expect to get it back.
    Wont make the same mistake again. This is the last time i spend money on a game from them.

you've changed your opening salvo to something much more simpler, how convenient. That was not your initial post, if you came here saying you werent happy and just wanted your money back; I wouldnt have responded.

Gold watch;Diploma- Im a TTG lackey now because I told you to stop comparing NeverWinter Nights; a AAA title released like 20yrs ago to TWD an indie-produced $5 per ep game? C'mon champ, you're better than that.
    And I never said you were a sucker.
This discussion has been closed.