So now that the dvd has been out a while.....

edited August 2007 in Sam & Max
The season 1 that is on the DVD's is a new version right? If so, what are some of the bugs/changes that were fixed with this release?

Comments

• edited August 2007
    I read somewhere a post by Tabacco or Jake (can't remember) that the game in the DVD were identic, they just changed their online activation by an "insert disc" authorization ^^
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2007
    There were some bug fixes in the episodes that haven't been updated in the downloadable versions yet... mostly small stuff (typos, etc.) that had been reported to us on the download versions. Nothing hugely drastic, or we would have updated the downloads too.
  • edited August 2007
    Emily wrote: »
    There were some bug fixes in the episodes that haven't been updated in the downloadable versions yet... mostly small stuff (typos, etc.) that had been reported to us on the download versions. Nothing hugely drastic, or we would have updated the downloads too.

I guess that means Episode 3 will still be choppy in the same areas then? :(
  • jmmjmm
    edited August 2007
    AFAIK, ep 3 choppiness was due to the activation software' memory leak so that should be fixed, in fact, ep 3 run fine to me now.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2007
    Yes, the problem in episode 3 was due to the activation system, which is a non-issue in the DVD because we don't use that activation system. And also as of yesterday the downloadable version of episode 3 has been updated so this should not be a problem anymore. If you had that problem with the download version, please redownload.

Also Culture Shock is Vista-compatible on the DVD unlike the downloadable version, but that problem, too, is not due to a game bug but to a bug in the activation system used for the downloadable version.
  • edited August 2007
    Culture Shock worked fine for me on Vista?
    Oh well! :D
  • edited August 2007
    I still got the downloaded versions on my laptop, because I don't neet the DVD to run the game that way.
    I use the dvd version on my desktop PC.
    I've never redownloaded any episode, so I still have the very first versions.
    I didn't want to download them a second time, because the numbers of downloads I may do is limited isn't it?
    So I was wondering, if there is ever going to be some kind of update or patch or whatever you may call it, to fix the bugs in the game, without having to download the full episodes again.
    But I guess this won't happen...
    So which episode should I download again? Have there been bug fixes in every episode or just in a few?
    And can I use the old download files, that are named for example: "Download Sam_And_Max_Culture_Shock_Setup now.exe" that I still got in one folder to download the new versions?
  • edited August 2007
    Bruno83 wrote: »
    I still got the downloaded versions on my laptop, because I don't neet the DVD to run the game that way.
    I use the dvd version on my desktop PC.
    I've never redownloaded any episode, so I still have the very first versions.
    I didn't want to download them a second time, because the numbers of downloads I may do is limited isn't it?
    So I was wondering, if there is ever going to be some kind of update or patch or whatever you may call it, to fix the bugs in the game, without having to download the full episodes again.
    But I guess this won't happen...
    So which episode should I download again? Have there been bug fixes in every episode or just in a few?
    And can I use the old download files, that are named for example: "Download Sam_And_Max_Culture_Shock_Setup now.exe" that I still got in one folder to download the new versions?
    Major bugs have been fixed in in the retail version, however, much like yourself, I have come across several bugs that could be easily fixed with a patch.

As far as the download thing? I don't think it is limited. I downloaded TTH like 10 times before I finally bought it.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.