Bone vs. Sam and Max

edited August 2007 in Sam & Max
I vote for Sam and Max because it has more episodes, and because it is more involved and more silly. Tell me what you think and why. (This is also in the Bone forum since this is about Bone and Sam and Max.)

Comments

• edited August 2007
    Mirroring my other post in the other thread:

I think they are both unique and good in there own ways. Bone is good because it has more and different locations per episode, but Sam & Max has good humour.

I can't choose I'm afraid! :D
  • edited August 2007
    But their going to make more bone games because there are more graphic novels
  • MelMel
    edited August 2007
    I really don't think there's a competition (and why does there have to be a competition?). They are two very different game series that have overlap in their appeal to both audiences but there are some who might only enjoy one or the other.
  • edited August 2007

That depends if they make games of all the books. :)
  • edited August 2007
    Well I love Sam & Max but after season 2 I would love to see Bone 3... It's a good story!
  • edited August 2007
    JK1985 wrote: »
    Well I love Sam & Max but after season 2 I would love to see Bone 3... It's a good story!

I hope Telltale don't milk Sam & Max for all their worth and leave Bone as a side-dish.
  • SquinkySquinky Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2007
    I think both series have a right to exist.
  • edited August 2007
    Freedom is the right of all sentient comic book beings.
  • edited August 2007
    Love them both, but if you really want an answer: Sam & Max without any doubts.
  • edited August 2007
    Bone is also made for Mac, and has director's cut reeditions. Sam&Max no.

(But I prefere Sam&Max anyway, because it's edgy and it reminds me my childhood ^^)
  • edited August 2007

But they only have the rights to the first 3 books. And no indication on whthere they'll get the rights ast those 3 (tho personally I think the latter half of the series is more game worthy but what can you do.)

Played the demo of The Great Cow Race and thought it was all right. Had more fun playing sam and max tho.
  • edited August 2007
    Dedlok wrote: »
    But they only have the rights to the first 3 books.

Really? That's news to me :confused:

--Erwin
  • edited August 2007
    Erwin wrote: »

--Erwin

Yeah, but I'm sure they could get the rest if they wanted too.
  • edited August 2007
    Erwin wrote: »

--Erwin

I know I saw Jake or Emily say that they only have the rights to the first 3 books. I think it was Jake.
  • edited August 2007
    So everyone who's stated a preference, what brings you to that opinion?
  • edited August 2007
    Well like I said in my post: played all the Telltale Sam and Max games and the demo of Bone's The Great Cow Race and while Bone was good, not really as good as the Sam and Max games imo.

And I chose to try out the Great Cow Race demo over the Out of Boneville demo because various people on th e boards said the demo for Cow Race was the better of the 2.
  • edited August 2007
    When they gonna release Bone in stores?!
  • edited August 2007

Been there, done that. ;)
  • edited August 2007
    I picked a copy up at PAX. Does that count?

Anyway, while I haven't played much of Bone yet, I still say Sam & Max is better, although Bone comes close art-wise.
  • edited August 2007
    Were they selling the new versions of bone?
  • edited August 2007
    I don't think it's new. Looks like standard ol' Boneville.
  • edited August 2007
    They're the new versions with all the Director's Cut changes and SecuRom activation, just like if you ordered the CDs off the site.
  • edited August 2007
    Sam & Max by *far*! Though they're very different games storywise, I think Sam & Max are of much higher quality than the Bone episodes.
  • edited August 2007
    Armakuni wrote: »
    Sam & Max by *far*! Though they're very different games storywise, I think Sam & Max are of much higher quality than the Bone episodes.

A agree 100% Sam and Max is so much better then Bone in every way possible.
  • edited August 2007
    tabacco wrote: »
    They're the new versions with all the Director's Cut changes and SecuRom activation, just like if you ordered the CDs off the site.
    Oo, really? What changes are those?
  • edited August 2007
    Kedri wrote: »
    Oo, really? What changes are those?

"the new versions have some enhancements that those versions don't have, like the new Thorn model/voice and opening cutscene in Out from Boneville, and some new lines that were added in both games to help flesh out the overall story."
    - Emily

I believe there is also a blog somewhere on the site with further details and reasons for the changes by Jeff Smith.
  • edited August 2007
    I made the mistake of purchasing bone: out from boneville, without realizing that it was intended for children under age of 10. Given that the game wasn't intended for my age group, I don't really have a right to complain that the dialogue is cheezy, the plot is perfunctory, and despite the vibrant graphics, the actual gameplay is quite static, with only a few clickable items in each scene.

Still, for what it is -- a children's game -- it's pretty cool. I'm sure I would have loved it when I was 6. Kids love that cheezy stuff.
  • edited August 2007
    I made the mistake of purchasing bone: out from boneville, without realizing that it was intended for children under age of 10. Given that the game wasn't intended for my age group, I don't really have a right to complain that the dialogue is cheezy, the plot is perfunctory, and despite the vibrant graphics, the actual gameplay is quite static, with only a few clickable items in each scene.

Still, for what it is -- a children's game -- it's pretty cool. I'm sure I would have loved it when I was 6. Kids love that cheezy stuff.

I didn't think it was childish at all. Have you tried The Great Cow Race?
  • edited August 2007

C'mon, I admit it was very simple, but saying it was for children under 10 years seems a little bit too much to me.
    Jeff Smith's comics are for everyone and the game just makes them interactive! Oh, well, you should try Bone 2, you'd probably change your mind.
  • MelMel
    edited August 2007
    Even if it was directed more towards a younger audience, my inner child had a lot of fun with it. It's nice to escape to neat little world like that and meet those characters. That said, as the Bone comics go along, I understand the story gets a lot more serious (I haven't read them yet).
Sign in to comment in this discussion.