Pax

edited August 2007 in Sam & Max
I just got back from the first day of the Penny Arcade Expo. The Telltale booth was great! There were three computers with demos: Two season one, and one CSI. Apparently, the Season 2 demo isn't ready yet, but the trailer is. It's AWESOME! I won't give any spoilers, but I will say that it is neat. :D
Oh, and I got the soundtrack there, as well. Without shipping fees or taxes! And I got my DVD signed a couple of times as well.

Apart from the Telltale booth, there were quite a few wide and varied things. Everything from pirates to orks to barbaric bloodied warriors.

Comments

• edited August 2007
    did you go to any panels? can't give any hints about the trailer?
  • edited August 2007
    Hmmm...
    Nope. And I'm adding this to seem like it's a real spoiler. >:D I might say something, but only with a Telltale person's permission. Don't want to give away anything they wanted secret.
  • edited August 2007
    You're so lucky. I wish England had some big games convention. :(

Plus I refuse to read the spoilers, I want episode one to be a big suprise (so please use spoiler boxes everyone :D)!

I just highlighted the first word of the spoiler box. Good one, you sure tricked me. ;)
  • edited August 2007
    I hate the fact that the nearest games convention is lezping, and that's in germany!
  • edited August 2007
    I just want to know the results of the "Help Telltale make a Sam & Max Episode" panel.
  • edited August 2007
    Does the trailer have more to it then the Season One trailer?
  • edited August 2007
    xChri5x wrote: »
    Does the trailer have more to it then the Season One trailer?

Oh, a LOT more. :D

And Zeek, I'll try to be there. If I'm not, I'm sure there'll be a post in the blog here.
  • edited August 2007
    Kedri wrote: »
    Oh, a LOT more. :D

And Zeek, I'll try to be there. If I'm not, I'm sure there'll be a post in the blog here.

How long does the trailer last (aprox)?

If I was at PAX I'd just make camp outside the Telltale booth. :D
  • edited August 2007
    I hope it's better then the freelance police trailer because as far as Sam & Max trailers go, I still think it's the best.
  • edited August 2007
    I hope it's better then the freelance police trailer because as far as Sam & Max trailers go, I still think it's the best.

I just watched it on YouTube. "Why won't you just die?" is totally a Simpsons joke. ;)
  • edited August 2007
    This is actually my favorite. It's timed so well. But opinions vary, I'm sure.

It's about average trailer length, possibly a bit longer.
  • edited August 2007
    This is actually my favorite. It's timed so well. But opinions vary, I'm sure.

It's about average trailer length, possibly a bit longer.

Does it give a rough idea of what the first episode is going to be about, or is just Sam & Max in some random situation?
  • edited August 2007
    I went to the "Make an episode" event today, which was, in fact, only a scene. Nevertheless, the results were hilarium. I think they'll upload the clip we made sometime soon. Also, they had the season 2 gameplay demo today. Neatness is in store...:)

EDIT:
    Does it give a rough idea of what the first episode is going to be about, or is just Sam & Max in some random situation?
    I think it's a random situation. Like last year's E3 trailer, it's more of an ad to the season itself. Of course, it MIGHT be an episode 1 trailer...I really don't know. :D
  • edited August 2007
    PS, I thought it neccesary to say, Season Two has running ability.
  • edited August 2007
    The PAX scene is up on the blog. Interesting script, and I love the Samism they came up with.:D
  • edited August 2007
    Hey Kedri did telltale actually confirm they are porting Sam & Max to wii and xbox360.. or did they just say they'd like to have sam & max on all consoles eventually
  • edited August 2007
    Sam...Max...Wii...finally together?

HOLY HEAPING HORDES OF ENGORGED GAMERS ARMED WITH THE KONAMI CODE, LITTLE BUDDY!

Ironically, I was just taking part in a discussion with a few members on GameFAQs' Wii board who thought TTG should bring Sam & Max to Wii. Glad to see that it's more than just a fanboy pipedream.
  • edited August 2007
    Hero1 wrote: »
    Hey Kedri did telltale actually confirm they are porting Sam & Max to wii and xbox360.. or did they just say they'd like to have sam & max on all consoles eventually
    They didn't confirm any ports. You'll have to live with the speculation upon the recently hired Wii programmer. ;)

Another thing, at the Play demo, Emily briefly flashed the debug mode screen. Such spoilers...such spoilers that man was never meant to see....MY EYES!!!:eek:
  • edited August 2007
    Instead of jealously, I'll feel pity for Kedri. Spoilers, my one true enemy!
  • edited August 2007
    Well, I have to admit, I'm daydreaming in speculation. They were awesome-looking spoilers...
  • edited August 2007
    We're making CSI: Hard Evidence for the Wii... it's not a secret anymore :)
  • edited August 2007
    Oh, right... :)

Well, since you're here, can you confirm/deny wether I can go into full detail of the trailer, or the demo?
  • edited August 2007
    Sure, go for it. You're not under an NDA at PAX or anything :)

Might want to use spoiler tags, though.
  • edited August 2007
    Of course. :)

OK, here I go!

Fluffy light spoilers:
    Storylines are continued, and fans have been listened to.

Moderate spoilers:
    The trailer shows Sybil and Abe on a date at Stinky's, and Bosco's shop in red alert mode.

Big raw spoilers:
    Shadowed Mexican guy, The puppet president stealing back his head, and THE Flint Paper.

EDIT: I'm removing the full trailer transcript. Shouldn't be shown.
  • edited August 2007
    :O Sweet caramel drippings on Fat Tuesday! Sounds epic :D
  • edited August 2007
    Okay, this time I'm definitely not reading the spoilers. :D
  • edited August 2007
    Hmm, there's some interestingly ambiguous comments regarding a console release in that joystiq article.
    Sam & Max on Xbox 360? Answer: We definitely want to see Sam & Max on all the platforms. "We're developing for Xbox, Wii, and PC right now. We're not doing anything with PS3 right now." They "certainly expect" to see them on consoles soon. "Our idea of soon is different than Microsoft's." Ooooh, burn!
    Interpret that whatever way you want...
  • edited August 2007
    Storylines are continued, and fans have been listened to.

Does that means someone forwarded my idea of "Sam & Max meets The Ventures" kind of track to Jared? (Pleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleeeeeeeeaase....)
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2007
    Harald B wrote: »
    Hmm, there's some interestingly ambiguous comments regarding a console release in that joystiq article.
    Sam & Max on Xbox 360? Answer: We definitely want to see Sam & Max on all the platforms. "We're developing for Xbox, Wii, and PC right now. We're not doing anything with PS3 right now." They "certainly expect" to see them on consoles soon. "Our idea of soon is different than Microsoft's." Ooooh, burn!
    Interpret that whatever way you want...

When Kevin said "We're developing for Xbox, Wii, and PC right now," he definitely meant Telltale at large, not specifically Sam & Max. I can say with a lot of certainty that there are no builds of Sam & Max running on console development hardware in the office right now. Will there be in the future? Probably! But for now, all our console development work is dedicated to 1) getting the toolset and engine ported over, 2) getting console CSI: Hard Evidence out the door. :)

PS: As for when the trailer and other info on Season Two is going up on the site, one might be able to figure that out quite easiy at this point!
  • edited August 2007
    Jake wrote: »
    When Kevin said "We're developing for Xbox, Wii, and PC right now," he definitely meant Telltale at large, not specifically Sam & Max. I can say with a lot of certainty that there are no builds of Sam & Max running on console development hardware in the office right now. Will there be in the future? Probably! But for now, all our console development work is dedicated to 1) getting the toolset and engine ported over, 2) getting console CSI: Hard Evidence out the door. :)

PS: As for when the trailer and other info on Season Two is going up on the site, one might be able to figure that out quite easiy at this point!

September 5th, right? ;)
  • edited August 2007
    Of course. :)
    Big raw spoilers:
    Shadowed Mexican guy, The puppet president stealing back his head, and THE Flint Paper.

For me this is one of the most exciting parts.
    I can see Flint making a big dramatic entrance
  • edited August 2007
    I wanna tinkle my trousers im so excited!
  • edited August 2007
    Jake wrote: »

Yeah thats what I figured..it seems any mention of Sam & Max and Wii people go crazy
  • edited August 2007
    Hero1 wrote: »
    it seems any mention of Sam & Max and Wii people go crazy

Was that a phonetic pun?:confused:
  • edited August 2007
    When will the trailer be open to the public?
  • edited August 2007
    Most likely August 28th, unless he's teasing us.
  • edited August 2007
    I'm guessing the 28th, too.

Nothing new spoiler-wise today, except I managed to take in all the debug spoilerific scenes. I'll keep those to myself for now.

In the meantime, here are a few of the gameplay spoilers:
    Bosco, being a trillionaire, no longer needs a store, so he's converted the place into a top-security something-or-other.
    Abe & Sybil are on a date at Stinky's, who is having a trivia contest: when was the war of 1812 fought?

A. 1812
    B. 20,000 BC
    C. March 3rd, 2004
    D. Bangers and Mash

A, apparently, is wrong. Definately a puzzle.
    The bug is also at Stinky's, and explains that his quoting of the exorsism is caused by post-traumatic stress disorder, which was in turn caused by the death of his father, caused by weapons of sanitation.
  • edited August 2007
    Does the game expand past the neighborhood (like the island in the concept art), or did you not see it in the demo?
  • edited August 2007
    I didn't see the sets themselves, but through debug mode, I definately saw some names of non-neighborhood areas...
  • edited August 2007
    Is the trailer in game footage or pre-rendered stuff like in the season one trailer?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.