Pax

2»

Comments

• edited August 2007
    xChri5x wrote: »
    Is the trailer in game footage or pre-rendered stuff like in the season one trailer?
    Prerendered. It bears full resemblance to the actual places, though.
  • edited August 2007
    Kedri wrote: »
    I didn't see the sets themselves, but through debug mode, I definately saw some names of non-neighborhood areas...

Sorry, this is a probably a really stupid question, but what is debug mode?
  • edited August 2007
    Is this trailer really just a trailer for episode one instead of the whole season?
  • edited August 2007
    Sorry, this is a probably a really stupid question, but what is debug mode?

I can't remember how you access it now, but it was in Season 1 too. You go on the menu and press certain keys and a screen will show up giving you a choice of all the different places and cutscenes you can skip to.
  • edited August 2007
    Badwolf wrote: »
    I can't remember how you access it now, but it was in Season 1 too. You go on the menu and press certain keys and a screen will show up giving you a choice of all the different places and cutscenes you can skip to.

Oh, really? Thanks. :) Does anyone know what the keys are that you press?
  • edited August 2007
    Does anyone know what the keys are that you press?
    Hold Control, Shift, and D on the keyboard, and double click on the arrow button that opens the menu.
  • edited August 2007
    mhaley wrote: »
    Hold Control, Shift, and D on the keyboard, and double click on the arrow button that opens the menu.

You also need to be on the main menu.
  • edited August 2007
    No you don't. You can access debug from anywhere, not from just the main menu.
  • edited August 2007
    mhaley wrote: »

Interesting, cheers. :)
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2007
    Kedri, thanks for keeping those secret location names secret. :D

We only showed stuff around Sam & Max's neighborhood during the PAX demos. We're keeping story-specific stuff quiet until closer to release.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2007
    Is this trailer really just a trailer for episode one instead of the whole season?

The trailer isn't actually for any particular episode, it's just a little mini string of events which show some new happenings in Season Two. You'll see soon.
    Is the trailer in game footage or pre-rendered stuff like in the season one trailer?

The trailer is 100% pre-rendered, color graded, soft focused mania, and isn't at all in-game. It does use the same environments and the same character models which appear in-game, of course, but it is very much a "Cinematic Trailer," not a "gameplay trailer." The art team had a little bit of breathing room between seasons, so they decided to go nuts and make a dynamic over the top awesome show-offey trailer which shows off some new situations and locations in Season Two, but stands off to the side of the season itself, visually. There won't be too many big leaps in technical graphical prowess in Season Two (aside from widescreen and a few new effects), but consensus in the office is that Season Two is turning out visually more awesome than Season One, regardless.
  • edited August 2007
    I guess the trailer is going to be put up tomorrow? I can't wait. :D
  • edited August 2007
    Emily wrote: »

We only showed stuff around Sam & Max's neighborhood during the PAX demos. We're keeping story-specific stuff quiet until closer to release.

I feel that september, Information about it will come out and a october, It will be out. That's probbally a lie but there...
    I hope that the new places are as nicely made as the season 1 places(same people so probbally will).
  • edited August 2007
    Trixie wrote: »
    I hope that the new places are as nicely made as the season 1 places(same people so probbally will).
    In my opinion, they're much better.:D
    No problem. I could barely look directly at it myself...
  • edited August 2007
    I'm predicting season 2 will debut late October or November.. It would make sense to keep it in roughly the same time frame as season 1
  • edited August 2007
    "Swag" count time. I'll only log stuff I found good. The rest was flyers and uninteresting junk:

-Super Mario Boo http://www.smbhq.com/mysteries/cases/case7.gif
    -Luigi hitting mystery Box keychain.
    -N+ Gold Piece http://www.onemorelevel.com/games/n-ninja.html
    -"Soda Cozy"
    -'I PWNED PAX07" window sticky
    -Magic: The Gathering Mousepad.
    -Alienware bag
    -2 squishy baseballs
    -Squishy brain(Reminds me of Psychonauts)
    -N+ Pin(N ninja)
    -Game Trailers pin.
    -7 dubloons
    -7 LotR online trial disks(After the first 10 times of saying "I already have one, thanks," I just gave up and accepted there on out.)
    -Max "One Rabbit. One Law." button.
    -S&M flyer: "Cases: New. Graces: Few. Hijinks ensue."
    -Bone: Out from Boneville DVD
    -Sam & Max: Season 1 soundtrack
    -Season 1 Poster Print(Thank you sooo much, guys!)

Signatures:

Program
    -Wil Wheaton "Rock on!"

Baseball
    -Some guy named 'Ron Gilbert'(20 points if you catch the reference. :D)

Sam & Max DVD
    -Brendan Ferguson
    -Ron Gilbert
    -Dave Grossman "Patience is a sharp razor to swallow"
    -Emily Morganti
    -Jake Rodkin
    -Jon Sgro
    -Doug Tabacco "Woo!"

Erm, and I'm afraid I forgot the other three names I got signatures of... '-' Can any Telltaler remind me, by any chance?
  • edited August 2007
    Probably:

Kevin Bruner
    Jon Sgro
    Marco Brezzo
  • edited August 2007
    tabacco wrote: »
    Probably:

Kevin Bruner
    Jon Sgro
    Marco Brezzo
    I'm not sure... One starts with a B, annd...one a C? Maybe?

EDIT: I've decoded "Brendan Ferguson", but the others remain a mystery, for now.
  • JonJon Former Telltale Staff
    edited August 2007
    i believe i did scribble a "SGRO" on there,
  • edited August 2007
    *Squints* Yeah, thanks! Ok, one John Doe left...
  • edited August 2007
    wow lucky sod! I hope one day to meet the crew..

Also I havent opened my casefile yet but is

Max "One Rabbit. One Law." button, the one from the casefile

Also
    -S&M flyer: "Cases: New. Graces: Few. Hijinks ensue." !!! I want a flyer just for the wording! How can one get one!
  • edited August 2007
    Heh... we can probably send you a box of a few thousand ;)

I was using a case of those cards for a footrest for awhile.
  • edited August 2007
    Kaldire wrote: »
    Max "One Rabbit. One Law." button, the one from the casefile
    Yeah, 'tis. They were giving bunches out for free.
  • edited August 2007
    They should sell them in the store... for free! :D
  • edited August 2007
    And shipping! :P
  • edited August 2007
    tabacco wrote: »
    Heh... we can probably send you a box of a few thousand ;)

I was using a case of those cards for a footrest for awhile.

Ooh, I'd like one!
    edited August 2007
    Actually those postcards are almost gone. They were the marketing materials from 2006 Comic-Con. The ones we had at PAX were the last few I could scrounge up.

For a long time they were being stuffed inside t-shirt bags and Age of S&M books. If you bought an Age of S&M from the store now, you'd probably still get one.
  • BasBas
    edited August 2007
    Jake wrote: »
    There won't be too many big leaps in technical graphical prowess in Season Two (aside from widescreen and a few new effects)

Widescreen, perfect! Now I can get rid of those vertical black bars.
    Trixie wrote: »
    I hate the fact that the nearest games convention is lezping, and that's in germany!

"lezping"?
  • edited August 2007
    Actually those postcards are almost gone. They were the marketing materials from 2006 Comic-Con. The ones we had at PAX were the last few I could scrounge up.

For a long time they were being stuffed inside t-shirt bags and Age of S&M books. If you bought an Age of S&M from the store now, you'd probably still get one.

*runs to check his Age of S&M book* Yay! I have one!:D
  • edited August 2007
    checked mine and got notta ... odd ..anyone have a picture or mini scan of it at least?
    edited August 2007
    The scene from the panel is now up on the blog (along with one of the ones we did as practice beforehand).

It's still funny, but it was funnier with the audience laughter at the panel.
  • edited August 2007
    I'm convinced that whoever volunteered the "Holy..." line had planned that weeks beforehand...
  • edited August 2007
    Kedri wrote: »
    Baseball
    -Some guy named 'Ron Gilbert'(20 points if you catch the reference. :D)

Ah yes... Indy and the Fate of Atlantis :)

One of my favorites!

Wow... 20 points... where to start spending!

Come to think of it, it would be awesome to have a baseball signed by 'Ron Gilbert'. Too bad none of my friends would get it :(
  • edited August 2007
    fhqwhgads wrote: »
    Ah yes... Indy and the Fate of Atlantis :)

One of my favorites!

Wow... 20 points... where to start spending!

Come to think of it, it would be awesome to have a baseball signed by 'Ron Gilbert'. Too bad none of my friends would get it :(

To be honest, I didn't expect anyone here to get it. Even he wasn't aware that joke was put in. Hehe.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.