do you want the soda poppers in season 2?

edited October 2007 in Sam & Max
do you want them to keep appearing in season 2

Comments

• edited September 2007
    I don't mind them, not my favourite characters, but I'd miss them if they didn't appear.
  • edited September 2007

It's too late!
  • edited September 2007
    Why not?, say I.
  • edited September 2007
    Wow interesting results! I think I had enough of the soda poppers in season 1..they are quite annoying..those irritating voices is enough to grate on me.. looks like they are getting a lot of love tho
  • edited September 2007
    Irritating? That just means it's good for you! :p

And plus, it's so horrible, hearing Peepers and Whizzer sing is just brilliant. :D
  • edited September 2007
    But look at those hats! I love them!

Edit: yes, especially Whizzer's Fargo style.
  • edited September 2007
    Definately not! Some of the most awful characters in gaming history.
  • edited September 2007
    They were tolerable in Season 1, but with each reuse they grow more and more annoying. Retire them while some fans still love them, I think.
  • MelMel
    edited September 2007
    The real question is, do you give in to the people who don't like them or to those fans who do? Or, as Jake alluded to, with the ever-increasing cast of characters, use them in service to the game?

If they fit into the game and story line, I say yes. Don't use them for the sake of using them, but likewise, don't completely get rid of them either.
  • edited September 2007
    The Soda Popper voice actor's did an awesome job. They really suited them.

I wanna see the rubber pants commandos with the lovable Sgt. Blip!

They're my Favourite!-Max
  • edited September 2007
    You made me messed up!
  • edited September 2007
    Mel wrote: »
    The real question is, do you give in to the people who don't like them or to those fans who do? Or, as Jake alluded to, with the ever-increasing cast of characters, use them in service to the game?

If they fit into the game and story line, I say yes. Don't use them for the sake of using them, but likewise, don't completely get rid of them either.

I guess I wouldn't mind if they were used sparingly.. I like some of the other characters so much more, like Sybil. She deserves a bigger role. How can you justify washed up 70s stars appearing in every Sam & Max case though?
  • MelMel
    edited September 2007
    Hero1 wrote: »
    I guess I wouldn't mind if they were used sparingly.. I like some of the other characters so much more, like Sybil. She deserves a bigger role. How can you justify washed up 70s stars appearing in every Sam & Max case though?

Were they in all 6 eps last season? I'm asking because my brain is tired and I can't remember. :p I won't try to justify it if they were. But, since others are growing a little weary, the sparing use (when appropriate) seems like a good compromise.
  • edited September 2007
    No, they weren't. They were only in 101, 102, and 104.

Personally, I love the soda poppers. Especially Whizzer :)
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2007
    No, they were only in three of the episodes last season.
  • edited September 2007
    Don't foget their appearence at the end of episode 6. ;)
  • edited September 2007
    Whizzer rules. hands down

You guys should design a forth soda popper. He can be the long lost evil brother who got put up for adoption. He could have boogers in his nose all the time!
    or... he could be really really big and fat to throw things off.
  • edited September 2007
    I guess they had to have whizzer in the north pole so they could make all those yellow snow jokes
  • edited September 2007
    I guess they had to have whizzer in the north pole so they could make all those yellow snow jokes

I can already forsee a related puzzle... if you look at the released screenshots, you'll probably make the same connection.
  • edited September 2007
    By the way why is the new versioning scheme (201, 202, ...) inspired by Modo?
  • edited September 2007
    TV shows often use a 201, 202 in production
  • edited September 2007
    Ah okay, not common in germany...it thought it was more stylished based.
  • edited September 2007
    Nah, as Jake explained in another thread the switch was made so that when people look them up on gaming websites they'll be listed in the right order by season, instead of having them all bunch up by episode number.
  • edited September 2007
    soda poppers are kicking ass.. 75%
  • edited September 2007
    Soda Poppers are so Season 1.
  • edited September 2007
    I prefer staying with the more tasteful minority! :O)
  • edited September 2007
    I'll be fine with them, as long as they aren't in every single episode and aren't overused. I'd be fine with just episode one and nothing else, to be honest.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2007

They're also the perfect characters, visually and personality-wise, to appear in a Christmas Special.
  • edited September 2007
    So they won't show up after the xmas special again?
  • edited September 2007
    No promises.
  • edited September 2007
    I'll take you up on that! ;O)
  • edited September 2007
    Funny how absolutely nobody posting wants them, but the poll shows otherwise...
  • edited September 2007
    Telltale staff and Poppers relative...
  • edited September 2007
    And me. :)

Go Soda Poppers!
  • edited September 2007
    Didn't i mention relative already? ;O)
  • jmmjmm
    edited September 2007
    I voted "Yes" but the reasoning was eaten by the forum. In short, voting "No" was out of the question. Consider the roles they had in season 1, getting rid of them at this time is criminal to say the least.

But, I only want them back to close the Dakotas War storyline - adding more storylines for them is overkill. I'd be very happy if after that episode, they appear making one or two cameos for season 2 (with Xmas special being cameo #1), phasing them out and finally getting rid of them after some references in season 3 (i.e.: posters, newspapers, one Same one-liner, etc).
  • edited September 2007
    heck no D8 I just got to bored with them. I like them in season 1 in epsiode 1 but then...they just kept getting in the way and annoying
  • edited September 2007
    I always liked them, and I want them back.
    The whole Point about them ist that they are annoying!
    They really shouldn't apear in every episode like Sybil and Bosco.
    But their apereance in season 1 was just perfect.
  • edited September 2007
    I liked them in season 1 particularly in abe lincoln must die. I just feel the joke is starting to wear a bit thin. Yes they are annoying, yes whizzer needs to go to the toilet..what else is there to do for the little guys
  • edited September 2007
    I liked them in season 1 particularly in abe lincoln must die. I just feel the joke is starting to wear a bit thin. Yes they are annoying, yes whizzer needs to go to the toilet..what else is there to do for the little guys

I'm sure, after what we've seen TellTale do, they can come up with something.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.