Halloween contest 2007

EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
edited November 2007 in Sam & Max

Comments

• edited October 2007
    Oh wow! I'm going to enter this... time to get my (bad) creative juices flowing...
  • edited October 2007
    I knew it! And that's also one reason I've kept a little something under wraps for the better part of a year now. Not Halloween-related and not nearly as nice as last year's winners, but I'll just take a shot anyway.
  • edited October 2007
    Don't worry everyone, I've run out of ideas!! :D
  • edited October 2007
    haha thats so awesome!! Ive been making a Max costume and its been going great! I can't wait to show you guys ^^ Im trying to get the head right Im using paper mache. Great timing though 8D
  • edited October 2007
    I gotta do it this time. Season 2 would've been just fine, but Surfin' The Highway is irresistible.

Question: Does the winner still get to order the DVD at the end of the season?
  • edited October 2007
    So... does this mean the release date for Surfin' the Highway is close at hand?
  • edited October 2007
    Awesome stuff. I just sent my entry.

It's a little old, and I was hoping to do something a bit more complex, like a fully-animated Flash movie, but this is just fine.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2007
    Question: Does the winner still get to order the DVD at the end of the season?

Yes, the winners will get coupons for orders that work just like regular Season Two orders when it comes time to get the free DVD.
    So... does this mean the release date for Surfin' the Highway is close at hand?

*whistles innocently*
  • edited October 2007
    Is it okay to enter something I've already made, as long as it hasn't been entered into a previous contest? Or does it have to be something I do between the start and end dates of the contest?
  • edited October 2007
    Hopefully I can submit part of a S&M fan-fiction I'm working on.
  • edited October 2007
    Can it be something completly computer generated??
  • edited October 2007
    It can be anything that's both sam & max related and legal :)
  • edited October 2007
    And what is the crietira upon which the winners are decided?
    And how should multiple entries be sent? Together or many at a time?
    CAN there be multiple entries??
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2007
    Multiple entries are fine, but only one will win.

Winners are decided by a panel of judges consisting of however many Telltale employees submit a list of their favorite entries. (last year it was most of the company)
  • edited October 2007
    aha thx :)
  • edited October 2007
    You do not realise how badly this competition is stressing me out. Whatever I try it turns out wrong...
  • edited October 2007
    its making me stressted out to. I can't get the max head right *gets out chicken wire and fabrics* grrr
  • edited October 2007
    You do not realise how badly this competition is stressing me out. Whatever I try it turns out wrong...

Document the process of all your failures. You may have unintentional hilarity on your side.
  • edited October 2007
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    Document the process of all your failures. You may have unintentional hilarity on your side.

Good idea, but I don't think it'd be very interesting. Just me saying "WHY WONT THIS WORK?" over and over. :D

EDIT: Hooray, I have just sent in my entry for the competition. I'm pretty sure it wont win, but oh well! :D
  • edited October 2007
    Oh man, I have the feeling I want to do this. The prize is awesome, but just the fun of making something like that is a motivator for me. Oh wait, I know a thing I could send in that I've already done! YES! I'd have to remake it, though, because the original recording of it is in the hands of someone I'm not associated with anymore. Hmmmm...
  • edited October 2007
    i suppose theres little point doing this if one lives outside of the US?
  • edited October 2007
    Feel free... I think many of our winners last year were non-US folk. I know that at least one winner was Australian.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2007
    Yeah, actually the winners of our contests are more often international people than US people. I know this because I'm the one who mails out the prizes. :p
  • edited October 2007
    Emily wrote: »
    Yeah, actually the winners of our contests are more often international people than US people. I know this because I'm the one who mails out the prizes. :p

question:
    if I win (I probably won't win but I live in England) will we get charged by customs? I just ordered something from doublefine (also in sans francisco) and I spent £100 there and customs are demanding an extra £12! So is there a way I wouldn't have to pay for the prize? considering that kinda ruins the whole point in the contest :p
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2007
    It would be marked a s a gift, and as low value, so I imagine you wouldn't be paying any surprise customs on a contest prize.
  • edited October 2007
    Hahaha, I hope you enjoy my Halloween Contest entry. I'll be bringing it to E For All this weekend.
  • edited October 2007
    Im still doing max's head. Im gonna wear my entry into London for a laugh 8D
  • edited October 2007
    Do mind the chavs.
    I lived in London for 7 years and Winchavster for 5. I know what they're like, and a giant white rabbit (even if it IS Max) is just a walking target. I know this from experience.

Ok, I wasn't dressed as a rabbit. I was just drunk. And it was the day that England dropped out of the World Cup last year. And I may have said something.
    Either way, I had a good run to Charing Cross station as my train was leaving.
    Good times.
  • edited October 2007
    and what exactly connects your experience with white rabbits? i missed something there, i guess.

btw, are all entries presented to the public or only the winners?
  • edited October 2007
    I'm dieing on the inside trying to do something good for this competition.
  • jmmjmm
    edited October 2007
    I had a great idea, but I hardly got the time.... in short it combined some "dark" berries with Sam & Max. Maybe for season 3... :)
  • edited October 2007
    I will swap your idea for ten dollars/pounds. ;)
  • jmmjmm
    edited October 2007
    Agreed.... :)

Actually, that will save me some time I could use to do a Windows Mobile version... (at least its not Java)

bb_snm.png
  • edited October 2007
    Question, could an audio podcast be sent in? Not that I do anything like that...
  • edited October 2007
    Anything you want!
  • MelMel
    edited October 2007
    If I had the time and the mental energy, I would make up a pattern and crochet a Max doll. Someday...
  • edited October 2007
    AllenB wrote: »
    Do mind the chavs.
    I lived in London for 7 years and Winchavster for 5. I know what they're like, and a giant white rabbit (even if it IS Max) is just a walking target. I know this from experience.

Ok, I wasn't dressed as a rabbit. I was just drunk. And it was the day that England dropped out of the World Cup last year. And I may have said something.
    Either way, I had a good run to Charing Cross station as my train was leaving.
    Good times.

winchavster? You woundn't be referring to winchester would you? my lovley hometown in which I love? The place that was awarded best place to live in england last year and 2nd this year?? huh? huh? rofl I have to admit it does have quiet a few chavs :D
  • edited October 2007
    Oh, you're from there! Do you know a guy called Steve?
  • edited October 2007
    steve? not sure. I only really know peoples surnames rofl
  • edited October 2007
    Hey, I sent something for the contest... but dont know if they arrived. (woudnt like to be left out =:B)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.