When can I buy Season 2 already?

edited November 2007 in Sam & Max
I need to buy this ASAP so I know I'm all ready when the games get released! Let me know when I'll be able to pre-order the season... it must be soon, surely?

Comments

• edited October 2007
    After the competition, I'll assume. :)
  • edited October 2007
    I agree, except that since there there's only a day or two between announcing the winners and the launch date I'm starting to doubt there'll be any preordering at all.
  • edited October 2007
    only 3 weeks to go anyway!
  • edited October 2007
    would pre-order give you any real advantage? buying it when it's released and downloading it right away should be just as good. right?
  • edited October 2007
    wisp wrote: »
    would pre-order give you any real advantage? buying it when it's released and downloading it right away should be just as good. right?

True, but some of us did the math and found out ordering the whole thing at the start is cheaper. Plus, you get a swanky DVD with the game on it when the season is over!
  • edited October 2007
    It's better to order while the exchange rate is favourable... and at the moment, the Aussie dollar has never been higher! (it's wavering around AUD1.00 = USD0.90 which is pretty damn good)

Heck, the Canadians will also probably want to order now, cos their dollar is worth more against the US dollar than it has been in past... :)
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2007
    You'll be able to order the game sometime on or before November 9th, for sure :) Other than that, I don't know.
  • edited October 2007
    Here we go again....

i say they will start accepting preorders on the 6th, right after they announce the winners of the hallo ween contest :D
  • edited October 2007
    Jake wrote: »
    You'll be able to order the game sometime on or before November 9th, for sure :) Other than that, I don't know.

That post was so Cryptic I thought I was on the City of Heroes boards for a sec there. lol
  • edited October 2007
    Zeek wrote: »
    True, but some of us did the math and found out ordering the whole thing at the start is cheaper. Plus, you get a swanky DVD with the game on it when the season is over!

buying the whole season is indeed even less expensive than buying single episodes and i don't want my season one dvd to feel lonely either, but was there an extra discount for preordering season one? i mean did you have to pay less than 34,95$? the exchange rate argument is a really good one, but on the other hand the rates might even get better..
  • edited October 2007
    Short answer is yes.

Long answer is also yes, because at $9/episode for 6 episodes, you would pay $54 if you bought them individually. The bundle deal is $35 (excluding shipping). You save $19!! That translates into two free episodes!!
  • edited October 2007
    sorry, for the misunderstanding. my question was more about pre-order. you don't have to buy in advance to the episode 1 release to get the 34,95$ deal, right? so buying the whole season 2 on the 9th of november will have the same result as preordering it right now would.
  • edited October 2007
    No... The real answer is no. :p
    But I believe that we who pre-ordered earlier got to download the actual game a few hours before everyone else, and we also got a mail directly when the episode was ready.
    Which was quite nice.
  • edited October 2007
    I'll probably be asleep when the episode is released anyway!
  • edited October 2007
    hmm, that would be nice: an auto-downloader. you preorder and start it while you're asleep. as soon as the episode is released it starts getting it. you wake up and can play sam&max before going to work, school, whatever...
    edited October 2007
    Younger siblings make good auto-downloaders!
  • edited October 2007
    I don't have time to play the game in the mornings, so it'll be a nice treat for me when I get home. ;)
  • edited October 2007
    wisp wrote: »
    sorry, for the misunderstanding. my question was more about pre-order. you don't have to buy in advance to the episode 1 release to get the 34,95$ deal, right? so buying the whole season 2 on the 9th of november will have the same result as preordering it right now would.
    fajerkaos wrote: »
    No... The real answer is no. :p
    But I believe that we who pre-ordered earlier got to download the actual game a few hours before everyone else, and we also got a mail directly when the episode was ready.
    Which was quite nice.

Sometimes days before the rest of the public, but I think that only happened once or twice last season.
  • edited October 2007
    I can't believe I'm having to ask when I can buy the games! :) Come on, TT!
  • edited October 2007
    I just want to pre-order the season before I spend the money on something silly such as food and clothing...
    :P
  • edited October 2007
    Pfft who needs food and clothes!
    edited October 2007
    I can't believe I'm having to ask when I can buy the games! :) Come on, TT!

As I've said before, you know you'll be able to buy it on release day.

Any time before that will be a surprise. :)
  • edited October 2007
    Dedlok wrote: »
    Pfft who needs food and clothes!

Not Max, that's for sure.
  • edited October 2007
    Jake wrote: »
    As I've said before, you know you'll be able to buy it on release day.

It would be odd if you couldn't buy it on the release day, cause then it wouldn't quite be the real release day, now would it? :D
  • edited October 2007
    fajerkaos wrote: »
    It would be odd if you couldn't buy it on the release day, cause then it wouldn't quite be the real release day, now would it? :D
    Unless of course you get a time machine when you buy the game, with which you can travel back to the release date to play the game. :D
  • edited October 2007
    Time machines are rather expensive, though :)

--Erwin
  • edited October 2007
    This reminds me of a quote from Dark Horse's "Traveler" volume of Oh My Goddess/Ah My Gooddess:

Urd: Say, Skuld... Can't you, like, make a machine that skips a week?
    Skuld: Sure I could, no prob. Only.... It'd take me at least 6 days.

edit: 75th post. :D
  • edited October 2007
    As I don't like the idea of transportation of DVD's over 7 seas(and an ocean :D) I think I'll buy each game after the release(if i dont win the halloweenish competition, that is :D;) )
  • edited October 2007
    An fyi: each episode doesn't come on a DVD, you just download them from Telltale themselves. The DVD version won't come out until all 5 episodes are released.
  • edited October 2007
    Aaaargh.... I need to spend money in US dollars, cos the Aussie dollar is so high right now! But Season 2 and Surfin' the Highway aren't yet orderable.... :(

I will just hope there's no market crash in the next few weeks....
  • MelMel
    edited October 2007
    I don't think you have to worry. The US economy will still be utter shit by the time the game and the book are released. I don't think the full impact of the mortgage crisis has hit yet, oil still needs to hit $100 a barrell, Bush is still president, etc, etc. ;) :(
  • edited October 2007
    Yeah, the dollar has been hitting one record low after another against the euro for well over a year now; this is a trend, not a blip.
  • edited October 2007
    Australian dollar could be level with US by the time episode 1 is released! making it extremely good value.. a year ago it was abt 70 cents..
    edited October 2007
    Hooray for our economy going down the tubes!
  • edited October 2007
    Oh yeah - Aussie dollar is at 92 US cents and counting. That means that Season 2 is only gonna cost AU$38 compared to AU$48 it cost last year! (or the AU$70 it would have cost five years ago when OUR dollar wasn't worth anything...)
  • edited October 2007
    But if the people can't pre-order, what's going to happen when we run out of copies?
    edited October 2007
    All Chuck's years as a GameStop clerk may have left some permanent damage.
  • edited October 2007
    i don't have a job and there's other hames i want, hurry up and ket me give you money while i still can
  • MelMel
    edited October 2007
    Emily mentioned in the blog there wouldn't be any preorders:
    I don't think we're going to do preorders, but you'll be able to get it for sure on the 9th. ;)

We're trying to pull together too many other things (including a completely new activation system) to deal with preorders right now.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2007
    Which doesn't mean we don't want your money. :p We just can't take it right now. Put it under your pillow until the launch next week.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.