Suggestions for Sam and Max

edited January 2008 in Sam & Max
Its a good game but its too little kid like. There's too many things that are for little kids, like the demands song.

Comments

• edited November 2007
    Too little kid like? Did you not hear some of those rude jokes?
  • edited November 2007
    Santa isn't real

Wait.. what?
  • edited November 2007
    but! but! but! who left all of those coloring books and water guns under my tree last year!?
  • NickTTGNickTTG Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2007
    i love the demands song. and I totally agree with you!!
    guns, demonic possession, and jello
    are all baby stuff. grow a pair Telltale Games!
  • edited November 2007
    OK. Look. If Sam & Max were about things that were REAL, Season 1 would have been 0 episodes long.

And you cannot possibly tell me that 201 is for "little kids" with a straight face. Unless you're brain-damaged.

Perverted, dark reinterpretations of very cheery material is not "for little kids." Check out the ESRB rating for Alice if you disagree.
  • edited November 2007
    Great thread :P
  • edited November 2007
    Max still sounds like the big yellow bird. Voicewise, not the choice of words.

WE WANT BROOKLYN ACCENTS
  • edited November 2007
    Its a good game but its to little kid like. There's too many things that are for little kids, like the demands song, and some of the explenations of things were explaned in a kid like way, and Santa isn't real and its for little kids.

*blink*

*blink*

iloled-pam.jpg
  • edited November 2007
    did you not hear timmy two teeth? you just made the most ignorant uninformed post ever and i hope we all COMPLETELY disagree with you!
  • MelMel
    edited November 2007
    Santa isn't real
    tabacco wrote: »
    Wait.. what?

:( First the cake, now this...

Is there anything we can do for you Doug?
    And that's the best picture ever, ShaggE!!
  • edited November 2007
    Mel wrote: »

Cat macros make any thread full of win. :D
  • edited November 2007
    Mel wrote: »
    :( First the cake, now this...

Is there anything we can do for you Doug?

The cake is a lie!
  • edited November 2007
    ShaggE wrote: »
    Cat macros make any thread full of win. :D

You may find this amusing. ;)
  • edited November 2007
    Your right, its not little kid like, but the friendly demand song is a bit little kid like though.
  • edited November 2007
    I found the game was quiet mature
  • edited November 2007
    Demon. The friendly DEMON song, for pity's sake. How are demons "little-kid-like"?

Again, it's the concept of "dark Christmas." Not an E-rated concept. Can be anywhere from T to M, depending on how you play it.
  • edited November 2007
    Maratanos wrote: »
    Demon. The friendly DEMON song, for pity's sake. How are demons "little-kid-like"?

Again, it's the concept of "dark Christmas." Not an E-rated concept. Can be anywhere from T to M, depending on how you play it.

No way would the game get a M. I think it'd get a T.
  • edited November 2007
    I'm not saying THIS game would get an M... I'm just saying it's entirely plausible for another such "Dark Christmas" game to get one. And entirely implausible for it to get a E.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2007
    Your right, its not little kid like, but the friendly demand song is a bit little kid like though.

I didn't find it all that kid-like, but to each his own! You will probably find some of the later episodes less kid like, I promise. :)
  • edited November 2007
    oh my god.... stop complaining, if you don't like it don't play it... but don't come here slagging it off....
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2007
    Boo it's fine if he says what he thinks! There has been a lot worse said on these boards and across the Internet. Doesn't mean anyone has ot like it :) So what if he found the subject matter a bit juvenile? I think that means he may have missed a few key points, personally, but whatever. It's some dude's opinion, and it's the Internet. You can argue with him all you want, but telling him to shut up and leave is a bit far for such a non-hostile thread.
  • edited November 2007
    i don't mean for him to leave... and i am not arguing with him.. just saying what i think like he did :)
  • edited November 2007
    I think both sam and max need to be a little more sarcastic with people, sometimes even passive agressive.

Remember, we love Sam & Max because they're scumbags, basically.
  • edited November 2007
    No. We don't like them because they're scumbags. They're NOT scumbags.

We like them because they're insanely violent trigger-happy freelance police that still manage to be really nice guys.
  • edited November 2007
    ha. I wouldn't call them nice guys.
  • edited November 2007
    nice guys?

might as well compare notes with teletubbies.

seriously?
  • edited November 2007

I've seen that, it was filled with lulz. :p
  • edited November 2007
    Yes, seriously. There's really a disconnect in this case between their means and their ends. They're nice guys that just happen to to behave nicely on a grand scale by being mean to lots of individual people.
  • edited November 2007
    Jake wrote: »
    Boo it's fine if he says what he thinks! There has been a lot worse said on these boards and across the Internet. Doesn't mean anyone has ot like it :) So what if he found the subject matter a bit juvenile? I think that means he may have missed a few key points, personally, but whatever. It's some dude's opinion, and it's the Internet. You can argue with him all you want, but telling him to shut up and leave is a bit far for such a non-hostile thread.

bahh zachspyfox must be no older than 12 or 13..check all his posts they are rubbish :cool:
  • edited November 2007
    Hero1 wrote: »
    bahh zachspyfox must be no older than 12 or 13..check all his posts they are rubbish :cool:
    I feel insulted.

Anyways, the friendly demon song was supposed to be a PARODY of a children's Christmas song. As in, "Juvenile for comedic value" type-thing.
  • MelMel
    edited November 2007

There's an ignore feature on this forum if you don't like someone's posts.
  • edited November 2007

C'mon now... He's obviously a young'un, but he hasn't outwardly attacked anyone or anything like that.
  • edited November 2007
    I do ignore his posts.. I was just responding to Jake
  • edited November 2007
    Sam & Max in general falls somewhere in between childish and too mature for the kids(Isn't that why we love it?). Most people call that T for Teen.

Anyways, all elements to Sam & Max are a haphazard mix of immature attitudes(That's what my psychologist calls it, anyways) and mature content. I mean, come on. The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse Action Figure set? Jelly Demons of Unspeakable Evils hiding in a hideous looking elf thing? Torture Me Elmer? It's a childish game coming from a mature, sophisticated adult point of view, but by no means does that mean it's for children. And to be quite frank, a lot of people don't play this because they are dead set on their mature, sophistacted adult point of view.

So, to say the game is childish is both inaccurate and unlikely to get your anywhere. It's immature, and people don't play this to be the James Bond of video games.

We play it to be Sam & Max, and if that doesn't make you cool in your school, that's your problem.

Dem's my two cents.
  • edited November 2007
    Maratanos wrote: »
    Yes, seriously. There's really a disconnect in this case between their means and their ends. They're nice guys that just happen to to behave nicely on a grand scale by being mean to lots of individual people.

Yeah man! You know, Sam & Max, they behave nicely, like, saving kittens out of trees and, on a grand scale of things, they're just nice guys that have, like, repressed personality, like, cause they are mean to people they actually love and care about.

Haha, you mock me, I mock you, call it quits.

Sam & Max don't give a rat's behind on a personal level. They are just assigned "baffling and idiotic assignments" from the commissioner.
  • edited November 2007
    mish wrote: »

How about if nobody mocks anybody. Let it go, please :(
  • edited November 2007
    mish wrote: »
    Yeah man! You know, Sam & Max, they behave nicely, like, saving kittens out of trees and, on a grand scale of things, they're just nice guys that have, like, repressed personality, like, cause they are mean to people they actually love and care about.

Sam & Max don't give a rat's behind on a personal level. They are just assigned "baffling and idiotic assignments" from the commissioner.

Dude, have you even freakin' played Ice Station Santa? Have you READ and UNDERSTOOD what I said?

Because if you had, you'd realize what nonsense your post is. Sam & Max are willing to save the world regardless of whether or not they're getting paid and being told what to do by some commissioner. They're willing to solve major problems WITHOUT killing people.

And furthermore, what I said is that they're nice on a GRAND scale. They're nice on a grand scale by solving problems (such as hypnotized soda poppers, hostage talk-show invitees, the entire freakin world being saved from hypnosis... again, the entire freakin' world being saved from evil Christmas presents. For God's sake, Peepers got TUBERCULOSIS!), even though they solve problems by being somewhat cruel to their buddies. Not even that cruel, really. What's the worst thing they've done to Sybil? It's the whole Abe Lincoln issue, and look how that resolved now... What's the worst thing they've done to Bosco? Punched him in the face and stolen a few inconsequential trinkets. Compare that to the hundred trillion dollars they gave him in Bright Side of the Moon... The soda poppers and Jimmy are really the only people they've ever been genuinely mean to in Season 1, barring a wide assortment of oddball villians.
  • edited November 2007
    To be fair, I don't think Max would have too many qualms about chewing on the heads of anyone you mentioned :p He willingly shot Sam in the head once, without knowing he'd survive, after all. And that's his best friend! :eek:
  • edited November 2007
    Yeah. I'll give you that about Max. But Max really is mostly talk, if you didn't notice.

Or else Sam does a great job keeping him in control...
  • edited November 2007
    No matter how passive agressive you are, Maratanos, Sam & Max aren't about "being nice". They're just oddball stories. There is no Larger scheme of things and just because they saved christmas doesn't make them loving, or kind, or nice for that purpose.
    That's really not the point.
    My own definiton of scumbag aside, but there is really no way you can argue that Sam & Max are "nice guys". If that's your two cents then you've missed a whole lot of Sam & Max merch or you're confusing it with rescue rangers.
This discussion has been closed.