Episode 3 trailer

Comments

• NickTTGNickTTG Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2008
    if i can, I'll try and post a "fan vid" on youtube. its temp music was copywrite protected, which was bad. i'll look into it
    edited January 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    I was lying, sadly :( Nick's uncompleted ep 6 trailer isnt on the disc anywhere... though there is mention of it if you look around.

there ARE 2 secret mentions of the ep6 cancelled trailer on the DVD. if u find them, you will win my approval and an invitation to my birthday party.
    edited January 2008
    Someone posted this weird video

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=XzCr2Gyo2xs

crazy...
  • edited January 2008
    yeah I like the gametap trailers cause they actually tell me what the episode is about
  • edited January 2008
    I find the GT trailers tend to give too much away. Somewhere between there's a happy medium.
  • jmmjmm
    edited January 2008
    Great tube, Nick.
    The music was superb, the basic idea was good but it gave away too much though.
  • edited January 2008
    wow that was awesome but was it the unfinished trailer from the DVD?
    edited January 2008
    half way through the production of that trailer, I was asked to make a teaser. the teaser eventually became the real one. I was a very sad boy. but now i'm happy because when I look back at it, it was garbage. the final shots are still killer though :)
  • edited January 2008
    NickTTG wrote: »
    the final shots are still killer though :)
    That they are. That they are. :D
  • MelMel
    edited January 2008
    I liked the whole thing. :D
  • edited January 2008
    promise me..to not make 205 trailer short...PROMISE ME, jk
  • edited January 2008
    I liked the trailer but I thought the stills of Sam Max and Bliss w/ their names looked kinda cheesy, but that's prob because it wasn't final (art wise anyway).

But thought the song fit quite well. I forget the name of it and what it's from tho.
  • edited January 2008
    O Fortuna, from Carmina Burana, by Carl Orff

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000TGZFYG/ for samples of the rest. (That's not the particular performance from that video, I just picked a random one off amazon)
  • edited January 2008
    the trailer was good but why'd you use the Teaser as the real Trailer?
  • edited January 2008
    Among other things, although epic, the canceled trailer was pretty spoilerey. Plus it gave Nick something to complain about in his secret commentary :)
  • edited January 2008
    ah ha :)
  • edited January 2008
    *calling from bottom of chute* Hello? Can anyone hear me? I'm still alive, just very badly burned! Could someone call an ambulance please? :confused:
  • edited January 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    Plus it gave Nick something to complain about in his secret commentary :)

I want to intern at TTG so I can complain about my designs getting the axe. :D Oh, wait, I don't have the money to get out to California.
  • edited January 2008
    NickTTG wrote: »
    Someone posted this weird video

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=XzCr2Gyo2xs

crazy...

Awesome trailer. Makes me feel like playing Episode 6 again. :D
  • MelMel
    edited January 2008
    *calling from bottom of chute* Hello? Can anyone hear me? I'm still alive, just very badly burned! Could someone call an ambulance please? :confused:

*dials 911*
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2008
    splash1 wrote: »
    the trailer was good but why'd you use the Teaser as the real Trailer?

The music (O Fortuna, as Doug mentioned) is copyrighted. By the end of episode 106's production, when that trailer was being built, people were feeling pretty strapped for time, and Jared didn't have time to write a piece of original music for the trailer.
  • edited January 2008
    I thought O Fortuna was public domain since it's been 70 years since it was written, and probably well past 20 years since the original composor's death. Who extended the copyright?

EDIT: Wait, is it 20 or 50 years after the original artist's death when creative material becomes public domain unless someone extends their copyright ownership?
    edited January 2008
    Even if the song itself is public domain, specific recordings of it are owned by people, and any recording of it you'd want to use are still owned by someone.
  • edited January 2008

*picks up phone*

Yeah... He's still alive down there... Right... You know what to do...

*time passes*

*door opens downstairs*

*Shot is heard*
  • edited January 2008
    *hears door open* Oh hi! Im glad you found me. Listen, I'm very badly burned, so If you could....

*gunshot*

YOU SHOT ME!!! You shot me right in the arm! Why would you....

*gunshot*

*long silence*

*sound of door slamming*
  • edited January 2008
    We'll probably bee seeing the Ep.3 trailer very soon as it less than a week until Febulous.
  • edited January 2008
    you're right it won't be long, possibly Febuary 1st or January 30 or 31 or any other date
  • edited January 2008
    *hears door open* Oh hi! Im glad you found me. Listen, I'm very badly burned, so If you could....

*gunshot*

YOU SHOT ME!!! You shot me right in the arm! Why would you....

*gunshot*

*long silence*

*sound of door slamming*

Aaaah.. the beauty of movie references. ;)
  • edited January 2008
    I guess now we'll never know why Sir Craigius was wearing a red dress.....
  • edited January 2008
    I think I might be taking damage from the Sam & Max style humour, but the way information on the new trailer is dangled just out of our reach made me think of a short dialog from Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy

"You seem to be having a problem with your respiration
    I do?
    Yes, you're breathing.
    That's not a problem
    It is from where I'm standing. Let me help you with that tie of yours."

Or in short. Hands up and hand over that trailer
  • edited January 2008
    we don't get any machinimas so cant we at least get the trailers a little early we need something in that gap between episodes
    edited January 2008
    trailer tomorrow
  • edited January 2008
    *can't wait*
  • edited January 2008
    oh boy can't wait wait wait!!!!:D
  • edited January 2008
    ooohh nice
  • edited January 2008
    see how they love tormenting us... now i wont be able to sleep tonight :rolleyes:
  • edited January 2008
    goody
  • edited January 2008
    Oh! Nice!
  • edited January 2008
    oh sweet :D, but if it's called Night of the Raving Dead...then why is it Day Time?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.