Sam and Max urban vinyl figures and statues being made!!?

2»

Comments

• edited February 2008
    Can't wait guys :)

These will be numbered, yes? (can we pick our number?) ;)
  • edited February 2008
    Linque wrote: »
    Same thing. The concept art is pretty cool, I could definitely have that sort of a statue hanging around.

BTW Jake/Emily, in my opinion the telltale newsletter could encapsulate these kind of 3rd party tidbits too. That is if in addition to advertising your products you want to provide your beloved fans with the fan info they also very much appreciate. :)

But that's just me. It would be great if I didn't miss the release of this statue for example by reading the Telltale newsletter.

I think they do mention third party stuff in the newsletter if by which, the TT newsletter and the TT Blog are the same thing since the latter did mention the statues and the cartoon on DVD; I don't check the newsletter too often as oppose to the blog.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2008
    Linque wrote: »
    BTW Jake/Emily, in my opinion the telltale newsletter could encapsulate these kind of 3rd party tidbits too. That is if in addition to advertising your products you want to provide your beloved fans with the fan info they also very much appreciate. :)

But that's just me. It would be great if I didn't miss the release of this statue for example by reading the Telltale newsletter.

Given that we have cooking recipes and a fake advice column, I think it's safe to say that we also like covering actual relevant things, like 3rd party Sam & Max products. When we know about them ahead of time, we try to mention them. Frequently this sort of thing just comes up out of nowhere, though. For instance, I think both Emily and I found out about these statues from this very thread!
  • edited February 2008
    Steve doesn't keep you guys updated when he drops by? I thought you were tight!

Edit:

Another update from that "J" guy
    J Says:

February 11th, 2008 at 4:12 am
    It’s not a cost issue. Actually, it is a lower cost for us to make more as we get a better break on polyresin production and shipping. We do low runs so our lines stay collectibles. We want to make sure that all our items keep their value and you, as a fan, know that the item is something better then you could get at a big box store.

We will sell them on our site and hopefully on the Telltale Games site. Also, we will hold a very limited number out for conventions.

If the first statue sells out we will do others. Steve Purcell has drawn several pieces of statue art for us to use. We are big fans of his work and would love nothing more then to keep making Sam & Max products!
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2008
    He alludes to that sort of thing all the time, but as for which ones become real, and what gets announced when by companies who aren't us, we don't really know or have (or want) any control over, so we just roll with it.
  • edited February 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    He alludes to that sort of thing all the time, but as for which ones become real, and what gets announced when by companies who aren't us, we don't really know or have (or want) any control over, so we just roll with it.

So Steve is like that kind of friend who thinks out loud? LOL j/k
  • edited February 2008
    I'm almost afraid of not being able to snatch one up in time. I'll just have to stay ready by the puter and anticipatedly wait with credit card in hand.
  • edited February 2008
    Oh yeah I did read that blog post. I was in stupid mode when I wrote that post. Somehow I was able to forget that. :)
  • edited March 2008
    J Says:
    March 1st, 2008 at 10:55 pm

The statue is being sculpted now. We should have final images in about 6 weeks.

That would be around the middle of April, so maybe it will be ready for purchasing by early May. :fingerscrossed:
  • edited March 2008
    i wouldn't count on it. if the sculpting is finished in april, it might take a month or two to cast all the copies, since they're not mass-produced.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2008
    I chose not to include the statue in the last newsletter because other than the announcement that had already been posted on the blog, we didn't have any new information. If/when we add them to the store, it'll be mentioned in the newsletter, for sure.
  • edited March 2008
    i dearly hope the balance between rarity and affordability will be...ahh...fortunate.
  • edited March 2008
    I'm trying not to get too exicted about this, but once they start releasing screenshots it's going to be extremely hard. Maybe if by the time they come out I can afford to drop over $100 on a statue I'll jump on it.
    But from looking at their other products (which I assume are "statues" as well) they only sell them for $50. So hopefully it'll be the same for our statue. If so, it's really just going to be a race to buy them before they sell out. Hopefully I'll come out on top then, lol.
  • edited March 2008
    I want a max toy more than anything...
  • edited March 2008
    I hope Emily doesn't promote the statue, I want to jump on that pre-order before it sells out!
  • edited March 2008
    ..but isn't this her job?
  • edited March 2008
    Looking good!
  • edited March 2008
    ...pretty urban.
  • edited March 2008
    OH MY GOD! Armless Max has beheaded handless Sam! :eek:
  • edited March 2008
    *licks lips*
  • edited March 2008
    Looking good!
    I really hope this isnt too expensive or I'll have to give it a miss and regret it for the rest of my life.
  • edited March 2008
    I am very interested in this. I collect statues myself. Mainly of Japanese anime since it's the easiest stuff to come by. I do have some DC comics stuff but they are pretty expensive.

Basically Batman TAS, Superman TAS, and Justice League. I want to get some JLU stuff but the thing is the figures are really rare.

Edit: They are making a statue of Jennifer Chobot. I need to find words to express my disappointment in humanity on that one.
  • edited March 2008
    How much do other statues of this nature sell for on their website? I'm finding their store really akward to navigate.
  • edited March 2008
    The statue for Jessica Chobot costs 49.99.
  • edited March 2008
    I like the badge base. It really seems to be shaping up. :D
  • edited March 2008
    GMCustom wrote: »
    The statue for Jessica Chobot costs 49.99.

Not as much as I expected. I suppose shipping will be a bummer, though.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.