Playable Max

13»

Comments

• splash1 wrote: »
    hey Season 2 is over,
    we got to play Maimtron 9000
    could Season 3 have playable characters? maybe, what could happen.. but i have 2 words for everyone: Playable..Max

we got to play as Maimtron??? Since when?!

Anyhoo, playing as Sam is good enough. IMO, Max is too cool to be controlled... quoting SB here: "YOU CAN"T CONTROL ME!!!" is what he'd say to this thread.

Sam, is subtle, and where's clothes. He's more... appealing?
  • edited July 2008
    got Max has hammerspace!
  • edited July 2008
    I have to agree with Rather Dashing. Sam's role is to set up the jokes for Max, who then spikes them over the net. The dynamic wouldn't work as well with Max in the leading position.

Plus, I can't picture Sam saying "Wheeeeee!" when Max flings him into the air. :)
  • edited July 2008
    I was just thinking of Max on a solo mission to take out another hostile alien species that are wreaking havoc in Washington D.C.; kinda like in Independence Day. Of course, the motives for Max to take on this adventure would be that Sam was kidnapped by the aliens, and he is outraged when they are stealing his job of destroying helpless countries. Like in the Ratchet&Clank games, Max will discover a variety of alien weaponry and go toast those alien sons of #######! YEAH!!!!
  • edited July 2008

Posts like the one above show me how awful cartoon remakes get done. Someone like this gets into power and says "Hey, let's give the Joker KUNG-FU FEET ACTION so he can actually FIGHT! And some awesome DREADS", and we get ourselves "The Batman".
  • edited July 2008

Posts like the one above show me how awful cartoon remakes get done. Someone like this gets into power and says "Hey, let's give the Joker KUNG-FU FEET ACTION so he can actually FIGHT! And some awesome DREADS", and we get ourselves "The Batman".
    The Batman wasn't that bad.
    No, what people like that reap are far worse shows, absolute abominations like... well, like Looney Toons Unleashed.
    "Hey, let's take well-loved and revered classic animation characters and then give them SOOPAPOWUHS! And then they'll fight vague homages to old cartoons! Hells yeah!"
  • edited July 2008
    Yeah. I have seen remakes of some of my favorite childhood shows that just plain suck. Although, the remakes of He-Man&The Masters of the Universe, and George of the Jungle are not at all bad to me.
  • edited August 2008
    They turned the violent, cross-dressing Looney Toons into politically correct christmas cheeseyness specials where speach impediments are tolerated and Daffy always plays the villian. Nobody has any motive to do anything, and the thing that upsets me most is they took an illogical physics-defying world and turned it into something uniform and predictable. Good job whoever thought they could rape an american icon and leave it to die before the eyes of our children. Good job.
  • edited August 2008
    I would see Max as an item in the inventory like he was in Hit the Road, but I'd much rather have Sam be the main character.
  • edited August 2008
    I'm outraged that nobody's suggested playable Bosco, Hugh Bliss, or Leonard Steakcharmer yet.

Actually that would be pretty cool.
  • edited August 2008
    Bobeo wrote: »
    I would see Max as an item in the inventory like he was in Hit the Road, but I'd much rather have Sam be the main character.

i'd rather play Max, but Bosco is AAWWEEESSOOME
    i'd love to play him just as much!
  • edited August 2008
    Maybe using controls to move Max instead of mouse clicking. Like mini-games explaining how Max thinks.
  • edited September 2008
    Maybe using controls to move Max instead of mouse clicking. Like mini-games explaining how Max thinks.

That's clever, kind of like on the Grinch, you use the right analog stick to move Max (His Dog)
  • edited September 2008
    I think Max should stay a NPC. Controlling Max is like Controlling...um something you cant control.
  • edited September 2008
    As much as I love Max,I don't think it would work.

Max should be more violent,tho. (he thinks violently,but we never really see any violence,I want some HtR style violence!)
  • edited September 2008
    I totally agree on the violence part!
  • edited September 2008
    Max should carry more guns or something, he always had something in his
    "Back Pocket"
  • edited September 2008
    This was parodied in the animated series

*Max pulls out gun*

Sam: "Max! I didn't know you were a marsupial!"
  • edited October 2008
    I always thought it was a continuing element of the games where "You don't control Max" is some sort of law
  • edited October 2008
    i dont think they should split up.
    ratchet and clank did that and (from what i hear) that was unfunny.
    how bowt a l"lost vikings" thing.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.