Chariots of the Dogs - plot speculation!

edited March 2008 in Sam & Max
Let the good times roll! :D

Comments

• edited February 2008
    I can't really think of anything, the only thing I noticed are spirits in 201, 202 and 203. I hope they're going to reveal what happened to real Stinky! This sub-plot, together with Bosco's paranoia being more than reasonable, is making Season 2 even funnier and curious. I'm sure we'll see other spirits/ethereal characters in the near future.
  • edited February 2008
    ill bet it starts with yet another attack on sam and max's neighborhood :rolleyes:
  • edited February 2008
    Bosco Rescue Mission.... ;)
  • edited February 2008
    Alien's abducting people? Ethereal entities? Bosco on a secret mission to thwart a plot by T.H.E.M? :P

I have a feeling that we won't be able to guess yet, as it feels like that there's going to be more plot twisting.
  • edited February 2008
    I hope it's gonna be a mission given by the commissioner... not for any particular reason, but 203 was the first episode of Season Two in which the commissioner phoned and it accidentally was the best episode yet :D
  • edited February 2008
    I just hope the cold opener is a parody of all those primetime dramas.

"Last time on Sam & Max: Season 2..."
    Shows the end of 203 starting at the point where Flint fires a hellstorm of bullets at Jurgan's Monster. End with a title card using Flint's silloette.
    Cut to Opening Credits.
  • edited February 2008
    no.. it would be even funnier if they did a "previously on sam and max..." but they show things that were never in any of the games... and fill it with random action garbage

Narrator: Previously on sam and max...

*Explosion*
    Flint: run!!
    Sam: Flint no!!!
    Max: that was awesome!!!
    *Another random explosion*
    Flint: Die beast!!!!
    Sam: hes alive!!!
    *Explosion*
    Sam: never mind...
    Max: look! the explosion missed the propane tank on that hot dog cart!
    Sam: Max no!
    *Explosion*
    (the smoke clears to reveal flint covered in soot and monster blood, and max gnawing on a hot dog)
    *Explosion*
    *Explosion*
    *Explosion*
    *Gunfire*
    *Explosion*
    * A random woman screaming*
    *Explosion*
    *Tribal drumbs*
    *Explosion*
    *Explosion*
    *Explosion**Explosion**Explosion**Explosion**Explosion**Explosion**Explosion**Explosion**Explosion**Explosion**Explosion**Explosion**Explosion**Explosion**Explosion**Explosion**Explosion**Explosion**Explosion**Explosion**Explosion**Explosion**Explosion**Explosion**Explosion**Explosion**Explosion**Explosion**Explosion**Explosion**Explosion**Explosion**Explosion**Explosion**Explosion**Explosion**Explosion**Explosion**Explosion**Explosion**Explosion**Explosion**Explosion**Explosion**Explosion**Explosion**Explosion**Explosion**Explosion**Explosion**Explosion**Explosion**Explosion**Explosion**Explosion*

Narrator: and now... the conclusion

*Boom*
    *Crash*
    *Bang*
    *Explosion*

Narrator: im serious this time...

*Explosion*
    *screeching tires*
    *Orgasmic Moan*
    *Explosion*

Narrator: gee... last episode was amazing wasnt it?... lets watch that again

Flint: Die!!!...
  • edited February 2008
    Dangerzone wrote: »
    no.. it would be even funnier if they did a "previously on sam and max..." but they show things that were never in any of the games... and fill it with random action garbage

*Explosion*
    Flint: run!!
    Sam: Flint no!!!
    Max: that was awesome!!!
    *Another random explosion*
    Flint: Die beast!!!!
    Sam: hes alive!!!
    *Explosion*
    Sam: never mind...
    Max: look! the explosion missed the propane tank on that hot dog cart!
    Sam: Max no!
    *Explosion*
    Similar to "Next time on... Arrested Development":)
  • edited February 2008
    All Episodes had a title featuring an exclusive character to that episode:

Ice Station SANTA

MOAI Better Blues

Night of the Raving DEAD

Chariots of the DOGS ?

Bosco's been kidnapped by DOGS!

Intergalactic DOGS!

Dun dun DUUUUUUUUN! :D
  • edited February 2008
    we go back in time to ancient rome to combat a gang of dyslexic gods...

EDIT: and damn you quick posters... you quoted me before i finished *growl*
  • edited February 2008
    Here's an idea. What if the episode has something to do with Cerberus, the three-headed dog from Greek mythology?
  • edited February 2008
    I speculate bosco's in an orbital bunker hiding out and it will have a pit of death and at some point he will say
    THIS IS BOSCO'S!!!

also I would also like to throw in it has been my long time theory that the masterminds behind the series are the mariachis, sorry to let it slip if I am right but it didn't stop bliss so.
  • edited February 2008
    Sam and Max won't be in the game at all. You play as Flint.

Well ok, Sam has a short cameo.
  • edited February 2008
    ill bet we see max's soul somewhere in the office... pinned to the dartboard or something, the soul mater will probably be in the closet... and one of the undead fish from the club in the watercooler... oh and they have got to keep the bolt cutters
  • edited February 2008
    sam&maxfan wrote: »
    Here's an idea. What if the episode has something to do with Cerberus, the three-headed dog from Greek mythology?

Sam: "Look behind you! A three-headed dog!"
    Max: "That's... not really all that impressive."
  • MelMel
    edited February 2008
    Zeek wrote: »
    Sam: "Look behind you! A three-headed dog!"
    Max: "That's... not really all that impressive."

Cerberus!

Edit: Ignore this. I read Zeek's post but didn't carefully read who he was quoting (sam&maxfan). D'oh.
  • edited February 2008
    i bet it's about the end of 202 & 203
    at the very end when the Moais were taken above
    and when Jurden (did i spell that right?) at the end of 203 was taken above as well
    i got nothing
  • edited February 2008
    Dangerzone wrote: »

They did this on Family Guy at the beginning of the second episode of a two-parter. It was one of the funniest things i ever saw. The episode was Brian Does Hollywood (the first episode being The Thin White Line) and they just made fun of those cliffhangers that Hollywood loves to give us.
  • edited February 2008
    splash1 wrote: »
    i bet it's about the end of 202 & 203
    at the very end when the Moais were taken above
    and when Jurden (did i spell that right?) at the end of 203 was taken above as well
    i got nothing

You also see that in 201 during
    the exorcism. Seems a lot of different objects like to be beamed up. Toys, vampires, armless golems.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2008
    RyanMon wrote: »
    They did this on Family Guy at the beginning of the second episode of a two-parter. It was one of the funniest things i ever saw. The episode was Brian Does Hollywood (the first episode being The Thin White Line) and they just made fun of those cliffhangers that Hollywood loves to give us.

They did this on an episode of Space Ghost Coast to Coast as well. I suspect many things have done that joke... it's frequently funny, though!
  • edited February 2008
    This episode better have a lot of Bosco in it... or else...! ;)
  • edited February 2008
    RyanMon wrote: »
    The "Clerks" animated series did it before that (and IMO did the best version of that gag ever).
  • edited February 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    They did this on an episode of Space Ghost Coast to Coast as well. I suspect many things have done that joke... it's frequently funny, though!
    Chuck wrote: »
    The "Clerks" animated series did it before that (and IMO did the best version of that gag ever).

Venture Bros. did it too. :)
  • edited February 2008
    I remember an episode of The Simpsons too that did it, an Halloween special
  • langleylangley Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2008
    Chuck wrote: »

Ah yes, I agree. The brilliance of doing a clip show on only their second episode. So funny that it was canceled immediately.
  • edited February 2008
    IIRC the first episode of the Sam & Max TV series started like that with monsters and them getting married and such. Although I agree that the first episode of Clerks did it the best:

"Previously on Clerks..."
    *Colour bars and long beep*
  • edited February 2008
    Also the last episode of the Sam & Max series was a parody of the usual season review episodes, "looking back on" a lot of scenes that were actually never in the show.

"Hold it, Sam. Is this turning into one of those shows where we sit around and reminisce, thereby recouping 80% of the episode costs via the use of clips and archive footage?"
    "Yes it is, Max. Now stop talking, stupid, it's costing money."
  • edited February 2008
    "Clerks is drawn in front of a live studio audience."
    and
    "Clerks is drawn by a live studio audience."

Priceless!
  • edited February 2008
    Ah, yes. Much needed "Clerks: Animated" love.
  • edited February 2008
    Back onto plot speculkation on 204 however... I have honestly no idea. Except for maybe the desoto breaking down and getting a b-grade replacement.
  • MelMel
    edited February 2008
    med_dog_cart.jpg
    Sorry, I thought this was cute.:) I just hope the dog was treated well.
  • edited February 2008
    Keep in mind, S&M still has to end up on a small piece of rock in the middle of molten lava at some point. Speculation will lead to the fact that S&M are underneath the earth (Personally, I thought that scene was going to be in 202.)

Despite the speculation that THEM are aliens, you also think of what Flint said in 203. He can't find Bosco on earth's surface...bosco can still be underground.
  • edited February 2008
    Yes, I still think Bosco has just locked himself up inside his secret laboratory/bunker, deliberately or otherwise. He's certainly the kind of guy to rush into a months-long lockup and not think twice about it until the door closes.
  • edited February 2008
    kadji-kun wrote: »
    Keep in mind, S&M still has to end up on a small piece of rock in the middle of molten lava at some point.

They don't have too. :)
    (Best. Avatar. Ever. Harald.)
  • edited February 2008
    They don't have too. :)
    Yeah they do. They set us up for it, and a handfull of us do want to see what that looks like from the other side.
  • edited February 2008
    i actually enjoyed the absense of Bosco. He's an awesome character and all but it was a welcome break from the usual
  • edited February 2008
    Zeek wrote: »
    Yeah they do. They set us up for it, and a handfull of us do want to see what that looks like from the other side.

Suppose so. Everyone will be angry otherwise. :D
  • edited February 2008
    Suppose so. Everyone will be angry otherwise. :D

not necessarily angry, just flooding the forums with "why didn't they end up in the lava?" :)

also
    if things were set it the center of the earth, why were things brought UP into the beam of light in other episodes?
  • edited February 2008
    They could be saving the scene with lava for any other season after this one. It might only re-appear in 50 years time from now. ;)
  • edited February 2008
    Mh... yeah, after all it was the future CHRISTMAS... so, it might be 301...
Sign in to comment in this discussion.