My Guide To Running Sam & Max On Linux

edited August 2009 in Game Support
Had recently upgraded from XP to Ubuntu 7.10, but unfortunately hadn't finished Season 1 or started Season 2. After receiving Season 1, the soundtrack and Surfin' The Highway in the mail, I decided it was time to get the games to run on WINE. Several hours later, this guide was born. I cannot guarantee full playability, but it has been working so far. Hope anyone who uses my guide will have the success I did and I hope I'll be able to help any questions.

As it is attached, you may also download the PDF from Filefront.

==============================
A Guide To Sam & Max On Wine/Ubuntu
==============================
This is a guide to getting Sam & Max, Seasons 1& 2 to run on your copy of Ubuntu.

NOTE: These steps are being done on a clean install of Ubuntu & Wine (yes I nuked my operating system just for you guys :)), but I will be available to hopefully help you with technical questions. Unfortunately, I don't guarantee full playability, just getting the game to run.

This guide is usable with both the downloadable & so far, only the DVD version straight from Telltale. If you plan on installing a combination of the DVD and the Downloaded versions, I would suggest installing the downloaded episodes first, and then install from the DVD.

This guide contains logical steps & common terminal commands in this format. Some of these directory locations will vary upon your computer setup :).

PRE-INSTALL STEPS
=================
1. Install & Update Ubuntu. Hopefully you have this done already.
2. Install WINE 0.9.5.5: (Taken from http://www.winehq.org/site/download-deb)
a. Open Terminal. Add the repository's key to your system of trusted APT keys, wget -q http://wine.budgetdedicated.com/apt/387EE263.gpg -O- | sudo apt-key add -
b. Add the repository to your system's list of APT Sources, sudo wget http://wine.budgetdedicated.com/apt/sources.list.d/gutsy.list -O /etc/apt/sources.list.d/winehq.list
c. Install WINE via Synaptic Package Manager, or by running sudo apt-get update to update APT's package information, and then sudo apt-get install wine to actually install WINE.
3. If you are having problems, Start here by nuking your .wine, via command: rm -r ~/.wine I have nuked mine several times over to figure all this out :).

CD VERSION
==========

What I Used: Ubuntu 7.10 (gutsy), WINE 0.9.55, Sam & Max Season 1 & SecurRom Patch from Telltale.

1. Download the Season 1 SecurROM Patch
a. Open Terminal.
b. Navigate to where you want to download the SecurROM patch eg, cd ~/Downloads
c. Download SamMaxSeason1_SecurROM_1.0_TTG.exe from http://files.telltalegames.com/support/SamMaxSeason1_SecurROM_1.0_TTG.exe, either through firefox or, wget http://files.telltalegames.com/support/SamMaxSeason1_SecurROM_1.0_TTG.exe
d. Leave Terminal Open, we will be back shortly.

2. Insert Sam & Max Season 1 DVD

3. Setup Wine:
a. Run 'Configure Wine'. Click the Following Tabs:
i. Applications Tab: Change Windows Version to 'Windows XP'.
ii. Graphics Tab: Make sure 'Allow window...' & 'Allow Pixel...' are checked. Make sure 'Vertex Shader Support' is set to 'Hardware'
iii. Audio Tab: You should receive a recommended driver selection notice. Click OK &b click Apply. Click OK.

4. Install Sam & Max:
a. Back to Terminal, and navigate to your cdrom, cd /media/cdrom Run Setup.exe with WINE, wine setup.exe. Install with default options. When done installing, uncheck 'Run Sam & Max - Season 1.0'
b. Navigate to where you downloaded your patch, cd ~/Downloads and run it using wine, wine SamMaxSeason1_SecurROM_1.0_TTG.exe Click Next & I Agree.

5. Cleanup:
a. Run 'Configure Wine'. Click on the 'Drives' Tab. Click on the 'Z: /' line under 'Drive Mappings'. Click the 'Remove' button. Click OK. (Essentially remove the / drive mapping)

6. Run Sam and Max:
a. Back to Terminal!
b. Navigate to the Sam & Max Season One Directory, ~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Telltale Games/Sam and Max – Season One, cd ~/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/Telltale\ Games/Sam\ and\ Max\ -\ Season\ One
c. Navigate to the Episode you want to play, this case: Episode 1 – Culture Shock, cd Episode\ 1\ -\ Culture\ Shock\ Data
d. Run the Episode with WINE, this case: SamMax101, wine SamMax101.exe

e(optional). If it seems like it's running slower than in windows:
i. Press ALT+F4
ii. Run Episode in desktop mode, at desired resolution, wine explorer /desktop=SamMax,1024x768 SamMax101.exe It should start up in a window.
iii. Should now be able to navigate to Options & Change Resolution to desired and hopefully will run at desired speed.
iv. If after changing resolution, graphics go all “broken window”, press ALT+F4 and run again with command from ii., should be fine :).

DOWNLOADABLE VERSIONS
========================

What I Used: Ubuntu 7.10 (gutsy), WINE 0.9.55, ies4linux 2.99.0.1, Sam & Max Seasons 1 & 2 Downloadable Editions from 'Your Games' under the 'Past Purchases' section of your Telltale Login. I will also organize this part in such a way that if the Flash Bug still affects your Firefox, you will still be able to download the games with IE instead. Although, the Demos will also work fine :).

1. Setup IES4Linux
a. Open Terminal.
b. Navigate to where you want to download ies4linux, cd ~/Downloads
c. Download ies4linux-2.99.0.1.tar.gz from http://www.tatanka.com.br/ies4linux/downloads/ies4linux-2.99.0.1.tar.gz, either through firefox or, wget http://www.tatanka.com.br/ies4linux/downloads/ies4linux-2.99.0.1.tar.gz
d. Unpack ies4linux-2.99.0.1 and navigate to the directory, tar -zxvf ies4linux-2.99.0.1.tar.gz && cd ies4linux-2.99.0.1
e. Install CabExtract either through Synaptic Package Manager or, sudo apt-get install cabextract
f. Install ies4linux, ./ies4linux Click OK. When done, Click Close.

2. Nuke WINE & Copy Ies4Linux
a. In terminal remove your .wine directory & copy the ie6 directory from the .ies4linux into it, rm -r ~/.wine && cp -r ~/.ies4linux/ie6 ~/.wine

3. Setup Wine:
a. Run 'Configure Wine'. Click the Following Tabs:
i. Applications Tab: Change Windows Version to 'Windows Vista'.
ii. Graphics Tab: Make sure 'Allow window...' & 'Allow Pixel...' are checked. Make sure 'Vertex Shader Support' is set to 'Hardware'
iii. Audio Tab: You should receive a recommended driver selection notice. Click OK & click Apply. Click OK.

4. Run Internet Explorer & Download Sam & Max
a. In Terminal, run IE6, ie6
b. Go to Telltale Games, Login and download the episodes. In this case, I downloaded SamAndMax202_MoaiBetterBlues_Setup.exe into my Downloads folder in my Home directory.

5. Install Episodes
a. In Terminal, navigate to where you downloaded your episode, cd ~/Downloads and run it using wine, wine SamAndMax202_MoaiBetterBlues_Setup.exe
b. Install with default options. When done installing, uncheck 'Play Now'

6. Run Sam & Max
a. Back to Terminal!
b. Navigate to the Sam & Max Season Two Directory, ~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Telltale Games/Sam and Max – Season Two, cd ~/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/Telltale\ Games/Sam\ and\ Max\ -\ Season\ Two
c. Navigate to the Episode you want to play, this case: Episode 2 – Moai Better Blues, cd Episode\ 202\ -\ Moai\ Better\ Blues
d. Run the Episode with WINE, this case: SamMax202, wine SamMax202.exe
e. You should be able to enter in your Telltale login information. Click Log me in! To Start the game, you just have to click a little below the Logo of the game, bout an inch or so and it should start up.

f(optional). If it seems like it's running slower than in windows:
i. Turn full screen off during the intro-setup process either through options or by pressing ALT+ENTER. Usually the graphics go “broken glass” so ALT+F4. By running the program once more and it should start up in a window and at full speed.

Thank you for reading my guide! I hope that I was helpful and please contact me with any questions.

Comments

• edited February 2008
    : O
    Omfg I Love You! :D
    Doesn't work with Wine 0.9.53 in Arch repositories, and the 0.9.56 version that I built seems to have issues with it as well. I'll try recompiling 0.9.56 and see if it works, otherwise I'll try 0.9.55.

I get this on the Season 2 download versions :(
    A required security module cannot be activated.
    This program cannot be executed (6000).

Please have a look at http://www.securom.com/message.asp?m=module&c=6000 for further, more detailed information.

• edited February 2008
    Well would you look at that. I set my Windows version in winecfg to Vista and the download versions work! :D
    Now I'm gonna try the DVD version.

EDIT: The DVD version doesn't seem to work. The download versions work great though. The only issue is that the button that you click to play it on the splash window doesn't appear. You just have to click a little bit above the text that is displayed.
  • edited February 2008
    Yeah, from what I'm able to figure out, WINE either breaks or allows support for SecurROM when the Windows Version is set to Vista. The Telltale SecurROM patch for the DVD is what enables the DVD versions to not have that same error that you received when run.

Almost done with Season 1 on Wine!

EDIT: Are you sure you removed the '/' drive map on Step 5? I added mine back and received the error again. After removing the drive map once more, the DVD worked again :) Also make sure only the C: and the cdrom drive are mapped under 'Configure Wine'
  • edited February 2008
    I installed the SecuROM patch, and I still had the same error. Oh well, I'd rather play without needing the DVD in the drive anyway.
  • edited February 2008
    What exactly does this Securom Patch do?
  • edited February 2008
    Mirko wrote: »
    What exactly does this Securom Patch do?

It downgrades the copy protection to an older version of SecuROM. This version tends to work better with WINE. Btw, this is an official patch from Telltale.
  • edited February 2008
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=39374&postcount=32

This thread contains the infromation about the patch. I guess I failed to mention there was two different types of patches, the one for Telltale and the one for The Adventure Company cause I am using the one directly from Telltale.
  • edited March 2008
    Great job! The only thing is I already have some apps installed under .wine and don't want to have to deal with reinstalling them. One work around I've done for another app that requires Internet Explorer is set up a separate wine environment for it. An example command would be:
    env WINEPREFIX="/home/username/.wine.ie" wine "C:\Program Files\App Directory\App.exe"

Where .wine.ie is your special IE version of .wine like in your directions. Obviously, I wouldn't type that out every time; I would create a launcher.

Unfortunately, I can't get this to work with Sam & Max because it complains it can't find the data blah blah blah when I try to run it this way. For some reason the command line infers the proper path, but using a launcher doesn't.:confused:

As a work around, I made a script to launch Sam & Max that changes the current directory to one the executable is in.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2008
    dg10050 wrote: »
    It downgrades the copy protection to an older version of SecuROM. This version tends to work better with WINE. Btw, this is an official patch from Telltale.

It doesn't downgrade the SecuRom, it is just a different wrapper version. If anything, it is a version upgrade. Nevertheless, I'm going to sticky this thread and move it to Support so people can find it more easily.
  • edited March 2008
    I have Kubuntu Gutsy Gibbon running on AMD64 with the newest version of WINE .9.57 installed. I followed the instructions to install the german version of Sam & Max Season One from DVD and the patch with removing drive Z in wine configure. Unfortunately, I get the following error in the WINE window:
    This program cannot be executed (7000).

Please have a look at http://www.securom.com/message.asp?m=module&c=7000 for further, more detailed information.
    This stays the same whether I emulate XP or Vista.
    Does anyone have a suggestion how to fix this? Is this because of my AMD64 system?
  • edited March 2008
    joem13 wrote: »
    I have Kubuntu Gutsy Gibbon running on AMD64 with the newest version of WINE .9.57 installed. I followed the instructions to install the german version of Sam & Max Season One from DVD and the patch with removing drive Z in wine configure. Unfortunately, I get the following error in the WINE window:

This stays the same whether I emulate XP or Vista.
    Does anyone have a suggestion how to fix this? Is this because of my AMD64 system?

I have this same issue. Instead I just have to use the downloadable versions.

Btw Will, thanks for the clarification on the SecuROM patch. I could swear Emily had said at some point that it was an older version of SecuROM. Well whatever.
  • edited March 2008
    I've tried following the guide for the downloadable episodes on Ubuntu 7.10 (64-bit) and Wine 0.9.57

Episode 104 works perfectly, but all the other ones give the SecuROM security module error on XP and fail to run at all on Vista.
  • edited March 2008
    Celeras wrote: »
    I've tried following the guide for the downloadable episodes on Ubuntu 7.10 (64-bit) and Wine 0.9.57

Episode 104 works perfectly, but all the other ones give the SecuROM security module error on XP and fail to run at all on Vista.

Have you tried the updated versions of the games?
  • edited March 2008
    Celera:

cassidy: Thanks very much for the advice, changing "Windows Version" to Vista in winecfg stopped the SecuROM errors. It's actually a cool side-effect of Vista's new security/driver model; most of the old XP copyprotection hooks break, so SecuROM just pre-emptively turns them off when it sees "Vista".

For those who don't want to ruin their ~/.wine install with IE6, the Gecko plugin which Wine offers does work. Kind of. It won't look nice at all, but when you run the program you should clearly see "Serial Number:" and a textbox. Just copy-paste your serial number from the "My Telltale" page into this textbox, then hit the "Submit Query" button. Don't worry if this causes Wine to crash, when you run the game again it should now show the text "Click here to run the game". Which works! :)

A big shoutout to the Telltale devs who (intentionally or not) make their games run great under Linux. You're all awesome, keep fighting the good fight.
  • edited March 2008
    I usually get along well with English, but for this adventure Game I'd rather play the original DVD version in German. I just installed the newest wine version .9.58, but the results are still the same as posted above.
    Did someone manage to get the DVD version running on ubuntu with AMD64?

Thanks in advance,

joem13
  • edited March 2008
    joem13 wrote: »
    I usually get along well with English, but for this adventure Game I'd rather play the original DVD version in German. I just installed the newest wine version .9.58, but the results are still the same as posted above.
    Did someone manage to get the DVD version running on ubuntu with AMD64?

Thanks in advance,

joem13

Unfortunately, I can't say that I have. I am currently running a AMD64 but just used the x86 architecture download from Ubuntu because I have yet to see an advantage to using the 64bit aside probably from being able to use more memory, etc, etc (i don't want to start a debate here or anything.).

If it is too much trouble I would understand, but might you try the x86 version and see if you have a problem? I can also download the 64bit and try to see if I am able to run the game.
  • edited March 2008
    Cassidy, you're a hero!

I'd had no luck whatsoever with Sam and Max running under Wine until I found the SecuROM patch this afternoon (I feel bad now because I harped on about there being no way to easily play the games in Linux in the Telltale survey earlier :( ).
  • edited March 2008
    I have the same problem as joem13 with the Telltale DVD version. I'm running Gentoo with a 64-bit kernel, but with 32-bit Wine 0.9.58. Starting the .exe gives a SecuROM error:
    This program cannot be executed (7000).

Please have a look at http://www.securom.com/message.asp?m=module&c=7000 for further, more detailed information.
    I've removed the Z: drive as suggested (although I'm not sure what this is supposed to accomplish) and I have even tried to set the OS to Vista, but that didn't seem to help.

Since most other things are the same, it seems that the use of the 64-bit kernel seems somehow related to the problems. Does anyone have any idea what the problem is, or how to start investigating it?
  • edited March 2008
    Seems like I am having the exact problem as joem13 and Soultaker. I'm running Wine 0.9.58 in Ubuntu 7.10.
  • edited March 2008
    Soultaker, joem13 and Cardcaptor Stacey, you guys have installed the SecuROM patch, yeah?

I'm like Cassidy. I've got a 64 bit chip, but only running a 32 bit OS.

I'm trying to get the demo of Ice Station Santa happening, but I can't work out where to click to launch the sucker. I click "No thanks, just take me to the demo!", and I end up on a screen with an add for Chariots of the Dogs on the left and an image for Ice Station Santa on the right. There's nothing obvious to click on. Sometimes it takes me to the "Choose your poison" page, and twice I've managed to click wherever I'm meant to to launch the game by accident, but both times I've adjusted video settings and ended up having to quit to fix the graphics.

Anyone know whether there's a button I can't see or whether it's just acting bizarre under Wine or what?

Edit: Managed to get in again. It seems like you need to click on the space between the two options on the "Choose your poison" would be. Maybe. I'm not brave enough to quit and try again.
  • edited April 2008
    Cheeseness - Yes I installed the patch. Without the patch, it doesn't work at all.

I don't think the chip is the problem because I'm on 32-bit and I getting the same error. Is it because we are trying on a newest version of WINE while the tutorial is for 0.9.5.5? :( I don't particularly want to downgrade it, but I will if it is not possible getting it to work in the new version.
  • edited April 2008
    Cheeseness - Yes I installed the patch. Without the patch, it doesn't work at all.

I don't think the chip is the problem because I'm on 32-bit and I getting the same error. Is it because we are trying on a newest version of WINE while the tutorial is for 0.9.5.5? :( I don't particularly want to downgrade it, but I will if it is not possible getting it to work in the new version.

I have kept upgrading WINE as they have come out. I took the following steps: Nuked my .wine directory and followed the same tutorial I wrote and it still worked fine. I then Nuked my entire Ubuntu install, reinstalled, patched, and followed the tutorial again and it still worked!

I also forced it to not work, for example I noticed that whenever there is any other drive mappings in WINE config other than "C: ../drive_c" and "D: /media/cdrom", the game will crash. Also, I have noticed the DVD version of the game seems to be the pickiest when run under Vista, I don't know why. I even installed the DVD after doing the Downloadable Version Tutorial and it worked once I changed the Windows Version from Vista to XP or 2008 or 2003 or 2000.

This is just what I have noticed so far. I will keep fiddling...
  • edited April 2008
    Okay I've done your tutorial again (with nuking) and now I have a new error. It's keep saying
    "Oops! It seems your Sam & Max Season One DVD isn't in the drive" even though it's in the tray. It's never come up with this error message before. Tried in Vista and XP among a few others without any luck.
  • edited April 2008
    Hi, has anyone gotten this to work with the demos? I have an older machine and want to see how well the game runs on it before I buy the disk.

So far I got the Secure Module error to go away by selecting Vista, and I installed the Gecko plugin. I'm getting stuck at the login webpage. With Episode 101, it asks for my serial number, with the following message:
    You're logged in! Great!
    But ... you have more than one serial number for this product on your
    account, and we don't know which one you want to use to unlock the game.

With Episode 201, I get a webpage saying "Please Wait, logging you in ...". There is a button that says "No thanks, just take me to the demo!>>", but clicking it does nothing.

Any ideas?
  • edited April 2008
    pavon wrote: »
    With Episode 201, I get a webpage saying "Please Wait, logging you in ...". There is a button that says "No thanks, just take me to the demo!>>", but clicking it does nothing.

It doesn't seem to work right without ies4linux. Gecko doesn't cut the mustard with the demos :(
  • edited April 2008
    I'm having troubles as well with getting 106 to work (the downloadable version). I'm running Ubuntu Gutsy and wine .9.55. Installs okay, and when I click to start the episode (i.e., under the logo), I get a blank window briefly, then a crash with an error "Invalid vertex function called".

Any ideas?
  • edited April 2008
    dersk wrote: »
    I'm having troubles as well with getting 106 to work (the downloadable version). I'm running Ubuntu Gutsy and wine .9.55. Installs okay, and when I click to start the episode (i.e., under the logo), I get a blank window briefly, then a crash with an error "Invalid vertex function called".

Any ideas?

I might suggest updating to the most recent version of WINE. They have seemed to have updated a bunch of DirectX stuff post 0.9.56. Unfortunately, I haven't personally seen that problem. What kind of video card are you running?
  • edited April 2008
    My experience on a plain Gutsy/WINE 0.9.58 install with windows version set to Vista:
    Episodes 202, 203, 204 (download) work by entering serial, quitting then launching the game again. Episode 201 is somehow special and does NOT work. So no need for ies4linux for those three episodes at least.
  • edited April 2008
    Cassidy wrote: »
    I might suggest updating to the most recent version of WINE. They have seemed to have updated a bunch of DirectX stuff post 0.9.56. Unfortunately, I haven't personally seen that problem. What kind of video card are you running?

I'll try it with the newest WINE tonight - the card is an ATI Radeon something or other (it's the home lappie - an Inspiron 9200), and the restricted driver seems to work pretty well. Too bad Virtualbox won't support it...seems to be a really handy VM app.

Thanks for the recommendation!
  • edited April 2008
    Anyone having trouble lauching the game on a 64-bit system might want to try the following command:
    setarch i386 -X wine SamMax101.exe

• edited April 2008
    I'm running Ubuntu Gutsy with Wine 0.9.59 (upgraded recently from the WineHQ resources) and the ie4linux doesn't cut the mustard for me any more (at least 204 and 205 would crash immediately).

I ended up using Wine Doors (http://www.wine-doors.org/wordpress/) and installing Ie 6 from there. It really makes the initial interface weird: in 205, it didn't have any visible graphics (the graphics were off screen and had to scroll to see them) and simply asked me for the serial number; after that, it had a link in the upper left with which to start the game. The game itself ran fine.
  • edited April 2008
    Nuked Wine again and installed 0.9.59.

I just realised that I have the Adventure Company version, so I patched it with SamMaxSeason1_SecurROM_1.0_TAC.exe. Tried running it and it asked for the disc, so I put it in but comes with loads of fixme's in the Konsole. So I guess the tutorial is not the same. Maybe it's for the WINE team to fix? Anyone else having the same problem?
  • edited April 2008
    Celeras -- I'm running Gentoo on an AMD Athlon64 x2 4200+ and have been working on getting sam&max (downloadable episode version) running for the last couple hours. I was getting a Securom module 6000 failed to run message until I changed Wine to Vista mode, then it just failed to run, giving some page fault error. A quick search on here and setarch i386 -X was the ticket! This thread and its posters are my heroes!
  • edited April 2008
    Okay, I've installed it again and the game launches, but it just sticks at a black screen. :( It comes up with lots of errors, so I'll report it as a WINE bug
  • edited April 2008
    Download Play on linux on http://www.playonlinux.com/en/ or from the repository
    "sudo apt-get install playonlinux"

download the season 1 script here (work in progress, let me know how it works!)
    http://thaisi.thaboo.com/pol/samnmax-season1.sh

in Play on Linux, go to Tools -> Run non-official script, and choose the script you just downloaded.

That should do it! (it works for me!)

If the reactions are positive, I'll try to get this script official, and then it can be found in the Play on linux repository directly :-)
  • edited April 2008
    I adjusted the script so that is also sets the proper episode icons!
    Screenshot-PlayOnLinux.png

It's waiting for validation at PlayOnLinux to be added into the repository, but untill then you can download the script from the post above
  • edited May 2008
    For the life of me I could not get this to work on Ubuntu Hardy with wine 0.9.59 (in ubuntu's repo) or wine 0.9.61 (winehq's repo). I was trying with the demo however, was hoping it would work so I could buy season 1 and hopefully Strong Bad's game :(.
  • edited May 2008
    The approach in the first post of this thread no longer works. With Wine versions 0.9.59 or later, the game won't run with IEs4Linux.
    It should run on an unmodified wine installation as long as you have the windows version set to Vista.
    The demos, as far as I can tell, doesn't work at all (they probably would have, if there were any way to start them). Neither does Ice Station Santa :(
  • edited May 2008
    Yeah I noticed the same, you can only play them if you have the serial.. and Ice station santa won't work at all.. all because the IE requirement of the splash screen. I created a topic about it in the main sam and max discussion board: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5095
  • edited May 2008
    Today I installed the new Wine 1.0 rc1 for my hardy heron AMD64 system from the repository.
    Then I executed "setarch i386 -X wine SamMax101.exe" from the directory. This time the process went a little further, but complained that the DVD not present in the drive.
    This is what my console spewed out:
    fixme:ntoskrnl:KeInitializeSpinLock 0x4577a4
    fixme:ntdll:NtQueryInformationProcess (0xffffffff,info_class=34,0x16ba520,0x00000004,0x16ba51c) Unknown information class
    fixme:ntdll:NtQuerySystemInformation info_class SYSTEM_HANDLE_INFORMATION
    fixme:ntdll:NtQueryObject Unsupported information class 3
    fixme:debugstr:CheckRemoteDebuggerPresent (0xffffffff)->(0x16b940c): Stub!
    fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x16b9258,0x00000000), stub!
    fixme:psapi:EnumPageFilesA (0xed9030, 0x1699d1c) stub
    fixme:psapi:EnumPageFilesA (0xed9030, 0x1664638) stub
    fixme:mountmgr:harddisk_ioctl unsupported ioctl 4d014

Well anyway, somehow the DVD is not recognised depite being present if I enter the wine setup tool. Changing the system from XP to Vista didn't help a bit.
    I get the feeling that I'm close but I'm missing the cigar....
    Anyone else got a clue?
This discussion has been closed.