PN2 - Help with Final Bounty Challenge *Spoilers Inside*

The very last bounty challenge I need to complete before unlocking GLaDOS' bounty item is this: "Win a Showdown With Only a High Card." What the heck?! So basically I have to get EXTREMELY lucky and hope that no player I'm versing has anything between their hand and the river, I have to have nothing between my hand and the river, I have to force at least one person (who's obviously bluffing) into a showdown, AND I have to win? Am I missing something or is this ludicrous and really unlikely to happen? I'm not much of a poker player so please forgive my terminology if it's wrong.

Any suggestions on how to beat this challenge?

Comments

• edited April 2013
    Just go all in against Ash ASAP, he's enough of an idiot to let you win with a High card.
  • edited April 2013
    It's a tough challenge, but fortunately Ash's habit of going all in with total crap makes it a lot easier. :p

Whenever Ash is still around and one of your hole cards is an Ace or a King, go all in and cross your fingers.
  • edited April 2013
    At what point do you want o go all in? After the turn or earlier?
  • edited April 2013
    How do you do the challenge about winning a hand over a river or something I really don't understand that one :/
  • edited April 2013
    How do you do the challenge about winning a hand over a river or something I really don't understand that one :/

The "river" is the last card shown in the flop.
  • edited April 2013
    Wait Ash is easy for you guys? He flat out dominates me when I play and usually is the one to bust me out.
  • edited April 2013
    Ash goes all in almost every turn and 9/10 times is bluffing
    I haven't played against him much that is only because I bust him first hand with King high...
  • edited April 2013
    In What order do you use you High card, me I keep going all in right when I get an Ace or a King, and every time I knock Ash or whoever out I don't get the thing that tells me I completed it. {HELP}
  • edited April 2013
    Yup, I've been stuck with this for... 4 hours now? Tough one.
  • edited April 2013
    I got it against Claptrap of all people after a long game where he kept deciding to push hammers to the river (2 7 off-suit). Having enough of his antics when he was down to his last chips and feeling particularly saucy myself, I went in with Ace high against him and won the tourney.

Boils down to luck and chance, really, but it's better to do it when there's less people in a hand so that there's a better chance of an Ace high taking it.
  • edited April 2013
    How do I pull it off. I spent all night literally trying to do it, can someone tell me in-order how-to-do it?
  • edited April 2013
    I just did it! I had an ace and patiently called everyone. When the river was revealed, I saw that I had nothing but an Ace High. Ash then want All In. I called him because I was really eager to complete the assignment, but it was not very wise, considering that the community cards contained a Queen, a Jack and a Ten. But Ash only had a five and a six, resulting in him having Queen High vs. my Ace High.
    Conclusion: You have to be very lucky.
  • edited April 2013
    Alternately, in one of the slower rounds in hold'em, where everyone keeps checking and you hold a high card.
  • edited April 2013
    Is it easier or harder to do the final 2 challenges (Steal a hand at the river and Win a showdown) with a high card on Omaha hold 'em then on Texas hold on?
  • edited April 2013
    Thanks guys I got it done
  • edited April 2013
    Is it easier or harder to do the final 2 challenges (Steal a hand at the river and Win a showdown) with a high card on Omaha hold 'em then on Texas hold on?

For the high card, I think it's impossible on Omaha?...
  • edited April 2013
    So, what's a 'steal a hand at the turn' mean?
  • edited April 2013
    yakawaka wrote: »
    So, what's a 'steal a hand at the turn' mean?

When the fourth card on the table is revealed, bet high and hope everyone folds.
  • edited April 2013
    Doing this one the easy way on PC, assuming you are willing to cheat:

0. Make sure you are playing Holdem! This is going to be ridiculously annoying in Omaha.
    1. Get one of the players down to a low enough number of chips to where they are forced to go all in by the blinds. One way would be to get down to only one other player, get slightly fewer chips than them and then go all-in against them and win.
    2. Go all in yourself to try to get other players to fold to make it easier.
    3. If you aren't going to win by high-card, hit Alt-F4 right after the last card is dealt (you might be able to turn off or reset the console version, I haven't tested), restart the game (continue the tournament) and repeat from step 2.

If you aren't willing to cheat, try to engineer situations where your opponent has only a few chips and then get them all-in pre-flop. You'll eventually get it this way.
  • edited April 2013
    Wow I got lucky on my challanges. Deploy the portal set, buy 4 drinks, and win a tourney never going under $10,000, which I just called ash's aggressive first round and got lucky.
  • edited April 2013
    These showdown challenges just seem stupid. I'm in the same situation, just have the GLaDOS challenge left and I have that same challenge. I know poker is a game of luck BUT COME ON REALLY!?

I ALREADY HAD A CHALLENGE LIKE THIS. In the last set of challenges I had to win a showdown with a better kicker. It was It took me 3 hours, out of the 5 hours I had played. I've been trying this high card one for about 2 hours now, going into 9 hours of play.

Challenges OP nerf pls, it's not even fun in the slightest.

I've managed to get every unlock and spare tokens. I'd happily give over 100 of my spare tokens for a new motherf***ing challenge! I had a balance of +$180 000 and now on -$100 000 just checking every time I get a high card and no pairs of the flop, just so I can finish a showdown in-case no one has anything.

I'd like to start playing poker night 2 again soon, doesn't feel like a game atm.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.