Different Voice Actor for Max in PN2?

2»

Comments

• edited May 2013
    If he is the same guy, and especially if it is union-related, we won't get a comment from Telltale, because that would defeat whatever purpose he had for using a pseudonym
  • edited May 2013
    spd12 wrote: »
    Sam's voice is still spot on despite the length between performances though, kind of makes me wonder if that's his normal speaking voice.

You can hear Nowlin's normal speaking voice in this old video at around 3:25 (he's the guy in the red sweater). You can definitely hear Sam in some of those longer vowels, but otherwise his natural voice is actually quite different.

Sounds like Nowlin has to pitch his voice down for Sam and Kasten/Boat has to pitch his/their voice(s) up for Max. Max is obviously the more extreme change of the two, so it really wouldn't be surprising to me if Kasten and Boat are the same person and he's just a bit out of practice.
  • edited May 2013
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    If he is the same guy, and especially if it is union-related, we won't get a comment from Telltale, because that would defeat whatever purpose he had for using a pseudonym
    Using two names for two voices that sound exactly the same for the same character would also tend to defeat that purpose. :P

I'm beginning to wonder if "Kasten" is a pun on "castin' ", like it's a name he had to come up with during auditions and so he just picked the first thing that came to mind... seems quite a stretch, but not impossible.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.