New stories?

edited March 2008 in Sam & Max
Is it hard for you who works at Telltell Game with the Sam & Max to be able to come up with new stories? :)

Or isn't it so hard at all?

Comments

• edited March 2008
    I think that's what those dinners with Steve Purcell are for.
  • edited March 2008
    Zeek wrote: »

oh okey... just glad that they aren't out of any ideas. :)

Would feel so bad...:(
  • edited March 2008
    For some reason, this thread makes me happy.
  • edited March 2008
    tobar wrote: »
    For some reason, this thread makes me happy.

Hehe glad you enjoyed the thread...:D
  • edited March 2008
    oh no this thread is over?
    i want more such threads
  • edited March 2008
    Gresman wrote: »
    oh no this thread is over?
    i want more such threads

Well if you mean to be ironic or serious I can't say, but
    my thread was meant to be serious. :)

Question: Is it hard to make new stories or easy for Sam & Max?

Adventure stories is not an easy thing, can I imagine.
  • edited March 2008
    i was not sarcastic. i was quite serious. i really want more threads like these because i want to know how a game comes together and where the difficult part of creating a game is.
    i just wanted to point out my disappointment that the thread is over so soon.
  • edited March 2008
    Chris23 wrote: »
    Question: Is it hard to make new stories or easy for Sam & Max?

Adventure stories is not an easy thing, can I imagine.
    The thing about Sam & Max that has been pointed out in the past is that they can be incerted into any random situation and it would work out just fine. They've been to the moon twice, commited suicide just to get kicked out of Heaven, visited the Greek Pantheon of Gods, traped for bigfoots, and knocked-off two presidents before that day was even over.

At this point, all I can say is that all they need to do is think of some off-the-wall situation and plop Sam & Max in it, along with their non-sensicle randomness.
  • edited March 2008
    how about Sam and Max tour the five continents
  • edited March 2008
    i was not sarcastic. i was quite serious. i really want more threads like these because i want to know how a game comes together and where the difficult part of creating a game is.
    i just wanted to point out my disappointment that the thread is over so soon.

Sorry if I missunderstood ya then.. no the thread is still open for discussion so go ahead. :)

Just glad someone wants to comment in my thread. :)
  • edited March 2008
    The thing about Sam & Max that has been pointed out in the past is that they can be incerted into any random situation and it would work out just fine. They've been to the moon twice, commited suicide just to get kicked out of Heaven, visited the Greek Pantheon of Gods, traped for bigfoots, and knocked-off two presidents before that day was even over.

At this point, all I can say is that all they need to do is think of some off-the-wall situation and plop Sam & Max in it, along with their non-sensicle randomness.

Does every new story have to be just jokes and humor or is it okey with a serious plot in there also? Not that I am against jokes or humor in the game not at all, just thinking if Sam & Max needs a new way to expand their serious minds in these games. :)

Hope you don't see me negative to the traditional Sam & Max adventure humor and jokes stories. Cuz I am not against the traditional at all, just needed to write my point of view or my vision to evolve Sam & Max further.
  • edited March 2008
    how about Sam and Max tour the five continents
    How about Sam and Max: Tour de France? :D That game would be epic on so many levels. Imagine, the Freelance Police getting entangled in a web of intrigue surrounding international EPO trade, them climbing the legendary Mont Ventoux, encountering the spirit of Tom Simpson on their way up, them getting lost in the vast jungle of France, and culminating in a spectacular season finale involving the Eiffel tower. I'd pay 100 bucks to play that.
  • edited March 2008
    nice idea somehow!
    i think serious games are nothing for sam and max
    if you want serious themes in your adventures i suggest games like overclocked or moment of silence. quite serious, no comic graphic thats the serious adventure game branch
    i want sam andmax to be less serious
  • edited March 2008
    nice idea somehow!
    i think serious games are nothing for sam and max
    if you want serious themes in your adventures i suggest games like overclocked or moment of silence. quite serious, no comic graphic thats the serious adventure game branch
    i want sam andmax to be less serious

I enjoy Sam & Max's adventures anyway. :)

Was just a thinking thing from my side...:o

Let's forget it!
  • MelMel
    edited March 2008
    Have you read the latest blog? :)
  • edited March 2008
    Mel wrote: »
    Have you read the latest blog? :)

Hey thanks for the blog tip Mel. :)

Really interesting reading! :D

I wonder if Telltale will give us adventure fans a chance to influence
    to new stories in future Sam & Max adventures.
    Wouldn't they be glad to have tip-offs and ideas to make Sam & Max
    ever greater because their biggest support is their "FANS" right? :D
  • edited March 2008
    Whoa, I don't think I could imagine Sam and Max in a story with a serious tone. Well, maybe I could, but I couldn't see them being serious. That would be weird, man.
  • edited March 2008

Well, actually, Sam killed Max and then learned the hard way not to shower with electrical appliances.
    </nitpick>
  • edited March 2008

Important Question: Where do you usually go for dinners?
  • edited March 2008
    also, how much (if anything) do you guys have planned out for season 3?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2008
    We know that there will be one.
  • edited March 2008
    It's going to be about hypnosis
  • edited March 2008
    woohoo! another elaborate hypnosis scheme!
  • edited March 2008
    Sam & Max against the military maybe in Season 3? :)
  • edited March 2008
    i dont nknow how about sam and max take on different myths like odysseus or a journey to the egyptian underworld
  • edited March 2008
    i dont nknow how about sam and max take on different myths like odysseus or a journey to the egyptian underworld

I don't know either what will fit in Sam & Max's adventures.

Maybe is hard in this case to expand how far we want Sam & Max to go?
  • edited March 2008
    I want to see them go as far as their own private suburban home, complete with referances to their once beloved pet whenever you look at the toilet. :D
  • edited March 2008
    I want to see them go as far as their own private suburban home, complete with referances to their once beloved pet whenever you look at the toilet. :D

lol...:D
  • mremre
    edited March 2008

I'd say, since this season has been all about various myths and legends, another season with mythological themes would be a bit of a stretch. I'd love to see more jokes about current events and everyday life; things like, you know, TV, politics, self improvement coaches, the internet - that sort of stuff! ;)
  • jmmjmm
    edited March 2008
    JMM: Magic Eight Ball(tm), Reveal Season 3....
    Magic Eight Ball(tm): Outlook hazy, try again
    JMM: Wrong magic item, lets try a crystal ball...

Maybe the theme will be about Media/Entertaining

S3E1: Max was thrown out of office and some crooks stole known art pieces around the globe INCLUDING some tacky items from Sybil's and Stinky's
    S3E2: Sam's banjo is missing, musical instruments are nowhere to be found, radio stations are starting to broadcast talk shows!. Find the banjo and end the reign of Myra! on Radio!
    S3E3: Newscasts around the globe started to broadcast infomercials instead of news. Has the world gone mad? Find out on our next news report, by Sam & Max.
    S3E4: Movies, DVDs, webisodes, were replaced by poor substitutes and are being shown everywhere. Popcorn prices plummet! Stop the madness.
    S3E5: The world became dull and there is an evil force behind it. With no serious competition his shows are unrivaled, that is, until Sam & Max do something about...
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2008
    mre wrote: »
    I'd love to see more jokes about current events and everyday life; things like, you know, TV, politics, self improvement coaches, the internet - that sort of stuff! ;)

Is that a veiled reference to season one? I'm feeling more slow than usual.
  • edited March 2008
    jmm's idea somehow reminds me of the movie idiocracy but if the only a small par of snm would be oriented on this s3 would get a big fat M
  • edited March 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    I'm feeling more slow than usual.
    You and me both.
  • edited March 2008
    Chris23 wrote: »
    Sam & Max against the military maybe in Season 3? :)

Yeah, you could start with them surrounded by the entire Bolivian army, and then do another flashback a la 203 :p
  • mremre
    edited March 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    Is that a veiled reference to season one?

Yes.
  • edited March 2008
    MaxFan wrote: »
    Yeah, you could start with them surrounded by the entire Bolivian army, and then do another flashback a la 203 :p

The Bolivian Navy on maneouvers in the South Pacific?
  • edited March 2008
    MaxFan wrote: »

hehe....:D

Maybe they are a copy of Rambo then? Taking down the Bolivian army
    themselfs with no support from anyone else. :rolleyes:
  • edited March 2008
    ok how about sci-fi sam and max
  • edited March 2008
    ok how about sci-fi sam and max

hmm don't know...:confused:

right or wrong path to choose to expand the series?
  • langleylangley Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2008
    What we really need is a crossover episode... like The Flintstones Meet The Jetsons.

Hmm, Sam and Max in a CSI universe? The lawyers will LOVE it.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.