New stories?

2»

Comments

• JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2008
    Clearly you haven't played the "Sam & Max: Crime Scene Instigators" prototype.
  • edited March 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    Clearly you haven't played the "Sam & Max: Crime Scene Instigators" prototype.
    Is that the one where you have to identify the mysterious powder by making it into a edible paste substance that turns Max's toung a certain color based on the chemical reactions between it and the lagamorph saliva secretions?
  • edited March 2008
    To bad I am not so good do make my own humor...:(

That's were Sam & Max comes in and makes my life happier. :)

Thanks TellTale Games!
  • edited March 2008
    langley wrote: »
    What we really need is a crossover episode... like The Flintstones Meet The Jetsons.

Hmm, Sam and Max in a CSI universe? The lawyers will LOVE it.

Wha... Since when are you with TTG, man? (Also, congratulations on joining TTG!)

--Erwin
  • langleylangley Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2008
    I don't know! I just woke up one day and I was sitting at this desk...
  • edited March 2008
    prisoner4.jpg
  • mremre
    edited March 2008
    langley wrote: »
    What we really need is a crossover episode... like The Flintstones Meet The Jetsons.

Hmm, Sam and Max in a CSI universe? The lawyers will LOVE it.

TBA = CSI? :D
  • mremre
    edited March 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    prisoner4.jpg

Also, that post is the greatest thing in the history of the internet.
  • langleylangley Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2008
    Indeed. And come to think of it... an episodic adventure game based on The Prisoner would be pretty sweet.
  • mremre
    edited March 2008
    Ooh! Two TT employees that just happen to slip a casual joke in the forums. Do I sense a big announcement coming up? :D
    edited March 2008
    Nope, you don't. All four people who would buy a Prisoner game would surely be thrilled, but, heh.
  • mremre
    edited March 2008
    Aww. :(
    edited March 2008
    I'd play it! :)
  • mremre
    edited March 2008
    Me too. With just three more buyers, you'd break projected sales! :D
  • edited March 2008
    mre wrote: »
    Me too. With just three more buyers, you'd break projected sales! :D
    That's still just five though. What I want to know is: who is number six?
  • edited March 2008
    He is not a number, he is a person!
  • edited March 2008
    Honestly, am I the only one who would love to see a return of Conroy Bumpus? Or maybe even the circus from Hit the Road?

I was just playing the old game the other day and didn't even realize that both Bosco's and Flint Paper were both previously established! It blew my mind. I thought that Telltale wasn't allowed to use other characters related to the LucasArts game, but then I realized that, having never read the original comic, Flint and Bosco might have been there, too, just not fleshed out. Is it possible we could see the return of some characters from the old game?

Also, I would love to actually see or visit the Mayor. He's always calling with assignments, but we've never actually seen or heard him.
  • edited March 2008
    i sorta would like to meet the commisioner would be great fun i think
    but come to think of it he is not of the talkative kind
  • edited March 2008
    Er, commissioner, not mayor. That's who I meant.

Yeah, that's a sign I should go to bed.
  • edited March 2008
    isnt it a bit early to go to bed? :)
    but the mnayor would be a good idea for a new character
  • edited March 2008
    Actually, that was written around 4 or 5 in the morning, my time. Not sure why it's showing as later than that.

Anyway, we could go as far as having both the commissioner AND the mayor. :D
  • edited March 2008
    that would really great! hey lets start inventing new characters

from where are you?
  • edited March 2008
    I'm in Toronto, Canada.

Mayor Whatshisface: Well, let's see, he's the mayor of the city that allowed President Max to exist, a Toy Mafia to run wild, and a giant Maimtron 5000 to run amok. He's got to be hated by the populace, especially for the first one. I'll bet he's locked himself in his office and has lived in there for ages. Huge beard, probably crazy as a loon and has his people slide things to sign under the door. Heh, you could even have Superball be the one guarding the door.

The Commissioner: Why does he always call Sam & Max for these cases? The Toy Mafia and Brady Culture, okay, I can buy that. But a president going insane? Zombie attacks? Is he relying on the Freelance Police a little too much? What the heck do the cops at his station think of that? Ooh! Maybe there's a case where the cops of the station rebel against him? Eh, I'm picturing another "held up in his office" situation, though here I'm picturing a Batman scenario where Sam & Max swing through the office window from the outside.
  • edited March 2008
    i like these ideas.
    for the commisioner scenario: there could be a donut puzzle or something like that
    for the mayor: he could look like the hermit from life of brian and only eats some kind of canfood and sam and max need his signature and the food
  • edited March 2008
    I've got it! This is all part of a storyline where the big threat isn't some crazed Santa Claus or giant, animatronic Abe Lincoln. The police of the city have had ENOUGH with San & Max doing their work, so they riot! The crime rate goes through the roof (maybe have some side games of catching bad guys?)!

The mayor has locked himself up in his office and won't come out for anyone. The commissioner has been locked in HIS office by his own men. And worst of all, when you go outside after a call from the crazed commish, you find out that the Desoto has been impounded by the raging police! So, to get it back, you need a signature from both the mayor and the commish (and maybe a third because adventure games work in threes) before you can drive to see the person behind it all:

Brady Culture!
  • edited March 2008
    no you are wrong it is not brady culture it is crady bulture the vulture whos behind all of this
  • mremre
    edited March 2008
    Mayor Whatshisface: Well, let's see, he's the mayor of the city that allowed President Max to exist, a Toy Mafia to run wild, and a giant Maimtron 5000 to run amok. He's got to be hated by the populace, especially for the first one. I'll bet he's locked himself in his office and has lived in there for ages. Huge beard, probably crazy as a loon and has his people slide things to sign under the door. Heh, you could even have Superball be the one guarding the door.
    Gresman wrote: »
    for the mayor: he could look like the hermit from life of brian and only eats some kind of canfood and sam and max need his signature and the food

I don't really know anything about him, but ranging from what I know about politicians in general my gut tells me that's fairly accurate.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Bloomberg
  • edited March 2008
    what has michael bloomberg to do with our fictional mayor of a new york like town. btw i had to look up who mr. bloomberg is
  • mremre
    edited March 2008
    I'm just pointing out that they live in actual New York City. Complete with all the rats, garbage and giant robots.

That is, I'm beeing a smart ass. :p
  • edited March 2008
    Honestly, am I the only one who would love to see a return of Conroy Bumpus? Or maybe even the circus from Hit the Road?

I was just playing the old game the other day and didn't even realize that both Bosco's and Flint Paper were both previously established! It blew my mind. I thought that Telltale wasn't allowed to use other characters related to the LucasArts game, but then I realized that, having never read the original comic, Flint and Bosco might have been there, too, just not fleshed out. Is it possible we could see the return of some characters from the old game?

Also, I would love to actually see or visit the Mayor. He's always calling with assignments, but we've never actually seen or heard him.
    Flint Paper was originally the comics. As for Bosco, his only appearance in the comics that I know of was a sign in the background of a panel that said "Bosco the Signing Tick."
    Bosco wasn't really even a character in HtR, though. More of a random background detail put in for a joke.
  • edited March 2008
    TrogLlama wrote: »
    Bosco wasn't really even a character in HtR, though. More of a random background detail put in for a joke.

The same can be said for Stinky to some degree. I remember seeing a Stinky's Resturant in the animated series as an ever-present background during some episodes.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.