The War Song

Apparently the Sam and Max War Song "Good For You (Good For Me)" was remixed as a song for Poker Night 2. I haven't heard it, though. And it hasn't been uploaded to Youtube like all the other original remixes. I haven't heard anything about it outside the in-game credits.

Has anyone actually heard the song in Poker Night 2? Maybe it was removed from the game, but not the credits.

Comments

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Partially unrelated, but they also have a Walking Dead song in the credits. I wonder where that was used as well?
  • edited May 2013
    Aside from Still Alive and the Venture Bros. theme, I haven't been able to recognize any of the soundtrack.

Telltale may have done a little too good a job changing them up.
  • edited May 2013
    One of the songs i think its in the Sam & Max theme is a song used for the PS3 version of S&M Season 3 Ep 3.
  • edited May 2013
    I can recognize all of them. Short Change Hero and Still Alive are obvious. Venture Bros and Army of Darkness have changed tempos, so you may have to adjust your ears. Twilight Eternal and There She Is are tricky because they aren't obviously recognizable, but you can hear them if it's suggested to you. All the other songs are unaltered.

And then there's the elusive War Song...
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2013
    Partially unrelated, but they also have a Walking Dead song in the credits. I wonder where that was used as well?

There are two Walking Dead songs, and they play in rotation along with the other pieces:

Clementine's theme is one of the songs. Her theme's melody line is played on the saxophone in the Poker Night 2 version.

The other one -- "Dark Rooms" is, I think, the music which plays in the school in episode 4. It's probably the most obscure cover. This is a piece of Dark Rooms, but it was renamed by fans and cut up from the full cue.

Walking Dead music is in the game because there was at one point an extra set of chips/decks/felts you could get, to turn the Inventory into a Walking Dead themed environments, but it was cut because the game was getting too unweildy for the team to finish. The Inventory was intended to be all boarded up like the inside of the Everett drug store, with zombies around, some of them being creepy and some of them getting drinks. There weren't any bounties and there weren't any main Walking Dead characters, though. Just that theme. All that survived was Jared's excellent jazzy covers!
  • edited May 2013
    Jake wrote: »
    There are two Walking Dead songs, and they play in rotation along with the other pieces:

Clementine's theme is one of the songs. Her theme's melody line is played on the saxophone in the Poker Night 2 version.

The other one -- "Dark Rooms" is, I think, the music which plays in the school in episode 4. It's probably the most obscure cover. This is a piece of Dark Rooms, but it was renamed by fans and cut up from the full cue.

Walking Dead music is in the game because there was at one point an extra set of chips/decks/felts you could get, to turn the Inventory into a Walking Dead themed environments, but it was cut because the game was getting too unweildy for the team to finish. The Inventory was intended to be all boarded up like the inside of the Everett drug store, with zombies around, some of them being creepy and some of them getting drinks. There weren't any bounties and there weren't any main Walking Dead characters, though. Just that theme. All that survived was Jared's excellent jazzy covers!

...so what would happen to the first player eliminated? :eek:

Also, I'm guessing the conversation that pops up from time to time about overhearing Larry asking for more screentime and the Zombie Workers Union was supposed to be a reflection to that?
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Jake wrote: »
    And Doug!

plus a bandit
Sign in to comment in this discussion.