Guess the Title of 205!

edited March 2008 in Sam & Max
The title's pretty self-explanatory. And since someone actually got it last season, I think it's worth trying again!

All right, here's my first theory:
...actually, I haven't a clue...although I'm guessing it has something to do with a movie or song title and aliens or Mariachis.

Comments

• edited March 2008
    Night of the Swinging Albino Llamas?
  • edited March 2008
    The Mystery of the Dodecahedron on the Rodhocetus' Emakimono?
  • edited March 2008
    Them & Max
  • edited March 2008
    The Mother of All Boscos
    Closed Counters of the Third Kind
  • edited March 2008
    Summer in Hell.

If it takes place in Hell.
  • edited March 2008
    Bosco Inferno! (pun on Disco Inferno :p )
  • edited March 2008
    the island in the center of the earth
    (201, remember?)
  • edited March 2008
    doom's the word

t-h-e-m vs. freelance police

the final frontier

... :confused:
  • edited March 2008
    The Bosco Identity

The story of one man versus T.H.E.M.; Bosco, sure that T.H.E.M. is on to him flees the country using one of his many disguises, armed with only his Bosco Tech gadgets and a bag full of money. The Bosco Entity follows The Freelance Police, turned T.H.E.M. operatives, as they track Bosco down. Political Intrigue, foreign locales, stunning DeSoto chases and vicious Max attacks; The Bosco Entity is the box office hit of the summer.

Edit: Changed the title a bit, from "The Bosco Entity" to "The Bosco Identity". The post below from Kedri made my original choice of changing the word seem weird to me, I like this one better, thanks Kedri.
  • edited March 2008
    krin wrote: »
    The Bosco Entity

The story of one man versus T.H.E.M.; Bosco, sure that T.H.E.M. is on to him flees the country using one of his many disguises, armed with only his Bosco Tech gadgets and a bag full of money. The Bosco Entity follows The Freelance Police, turned T.H.E.M. operatives, as they track Bosco down. Political Intrigue, foreign locales, stunning DeSoto chases and vicious Max attacks; The Bosco Entity is the box office hit of the summer.

I'd watch that again and again and again and again. But NOT 6 times!
  • edited March 2008
    Sam & Max 205: We Chose This Title Specifically to Spite the Speculators.
  • edited March 2008
    TrogLlama wrote: »
    Sam & Max 205: We Chose This Title Specifically to Spite the Speculators.

Bright Side of the Moon was actually a fanmade title, so we might do it again. *shrug*

I like the Bosco idea. Bosco Entity, or Bosco Identity...
  • edited March 2008
    Kedri wrote: »
    Bright Side of the Moon was actually a fanmade title, so we might do it again. *shrug*

I like the Bosco idea. Bosco Entity, or Bosco Identity...

Thanks. I was a bit torn over using Entity or Identity. I also thought about using Conspiracy which is used in the title of the upcoming Bourne game by Sierra, a once great adventure genre company, oh how the mighty have fallen.

I guess to go with the flow of the other episodes, Identity would be a better fit as it strays less from the original title. Where exactly Entity came from I do not know, it just felt like a more Sam & Max take on the title.

As a side note, and not to derail the topic of conversation, I am a pretty big Bourne fan. The movies were excellent action flicks, but if you have not read the books, do yourself a favour and do so immediately! If you like spy thrillers, you will enjoy the books, Ludlum was a great writer and the Bourne books are so different from the movies.
  • edited March 2008
    Supernatural Panic?
  • edited March 2008
    I seem to be the only person who thinks haggiss's idea "closed counters of the third kind" is completely hilarious.
  • edited March 2008
    Actually, I think hagis's idea is great, too...but depends how much alien stuff is in 204, don't want to overdo it.
  • edited March 2008
    krin wrote: »
    Thanks. I was a bit torn over using Entity or Identity. I also thought about using Conspiracy which is used in the title of the upcoming Bourne game by Sierra, a once great adventure genre company, oh how the mighty have fallen.

I guess to go with the flow of the other episodes, Identity would be a better fit as it strays less from the original title. Where exactly Entity came from I do not know, it just felt like a more Sam & Max take on the title.

As a side note, and not to derail the topic of conversation, I am a pretty big Bourne fan. The movies were excellent action flicks, but if you have not read the books, do yourself a favour and do so immediately! If you like spy thrillers, you will enjoy the books, Ludlum was a great writer and the Bourne books are so different from the movies.
    I've only seen the last 2 Bourne movies, but I kind of felt like they just made the same movie three times. They even had identical scenes in them. Like, literally identical. And the camera work made me dizzy. But that's just my take on it.
    Don't know about the books, though. Haven't read them.

/OH NOEZ! THE TOPIC... IT'S SWERVING OUT OF CONTROL!
  • edited March 2008
    i really like swerving topics and i totally enjoy to be the one responsible

how about mytholution or the myth-files
  • edited March 2008
    Sam and Max episode 205:Sam and Max and the Deathly Lava.
  • edited March 2008
    i think a title like Sam and the order of the flaming rabbit would be more appropriate
  • edited March 2008
    i deem anything referring to harry potter inaporopriate..

..anyway, there are some nice ideas here, but most of them would be more fitting for episode 204, i guess. from how i understood it, the next episode will be the one with aliens, government conspiracies and bosco. the last episode will probably have a theme that includes all previous supernatural phenomenons, including the aliens.
    i guess it might be somehow related to heaven/hell, apocalypse, end of the world stuff..sam&max episode 205: the day after yesterday...
  • edited March 2008
    inspired by a friend and some of the posters i had some ideas first: T.H.E.M. and the City

or sam and them
  • edited March 2008
    Sam & Max: The Revenge of Brady Culture!
  • edited March 2008
    My vote would be for Sam & Max and the temple of Bosco
    So far this season they've been to the north pole, the tropics and europe. Seems like they're touring the world by now, and what with a new indy movie apparently in the cards, maybe a bit of poking fun at an old one?
  • edited March 2008
    Sammy wrote: »
    Sam and Max episode 205:Sam and Max and the Deathly Lava.
    Can't be that the "lava" was still underground, so not in fact lava.

Clearly it's actually going to be Sam & Max and the Pillar of Magma.

Or is my guess just a pile of Storgé?
  • edited March 2008
    Sam & Max: The Revenge of Brady Culture!

I would like to see bald Brady one of these days...
  • jmmjmm
    edited March 2008
    I doubt he would dare to tempt the Freelance Police with a single infraction.
    Look at what Max did last time...its right in the closet, btw.
  • edited March 2008
    Sam & Max Episode 205: T.H.E.M. set us up the bomb
  • edited March 2008
    Sam & Max 205: Rise of the T.H.E.M.!

Or Revenge of the Internet, whatever seems more ridiculous.
  • edited March 2008
    Sam & Max 205: Bosco's Inconvenient Truth.
  • edited March 2008
    "Hot Diggety Dog" according to an episode of Wishbone

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Journey_to_the_Center_of_the_Earth#Notes
  • edited March 2008
    Because I tend to get bored when I'm ill...

sm205tsb.png
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2008
    How'd you get our poster?!!
  • langleylangley Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2008
    Even more alarming... how did you know about the appearance of a monkey in 204?!

Oh wait... er... forget I said anything.
  • edited March 2008
    Magic...?

shiftyeyes.gif
  • edited March 2008
    Hey look, I made a poster too!

205.png
  • edited March 2008
    Sam & Max: Season Two: Episode 205: Name: Unknown.
    More :::::::
  • edited March 2008
    The Final Meltdown (song reference).

Courage Under Magma (originally fire).

Big Dish (reference to Big Fish. Dish meaning saucer/UFO).
  • edited March 2008
    Sam and Max 205: The episode without a name
  • edited March 2008
    Haggis wrote: »
    Hey look, I made a poster too!
    Gold.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.