Animated series DVD, bundle pricing, and other new merchandise!

EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
edited April 2008 in Sam & Max
Got some money burning a hole in your pocket? Good thing we just added new stuff to our store! Stuff like...

The Sam & Max animated series on DVD!
For the first time, all 26 episodes of the 1997/1998 Fox Kids show have been collected into a sexy box set. 3-disc set! Comes with new Steve Purcell art on the packaging and a bonus Freelance Police sticker! Region free!

Cost-saving Sam & Max merchandise bundles!
If you've been waiting for the animated series DVD to come out before buying Surfin' the Highway, your patience has been rewarded!

Space Wolf t-shirt!
Graham Annable of Dank/Dunk fame designed this shirt based on one of his animated shorts. Even Jack Black thinks it's quality!

Fox Bunny Funny!
Telltale's newest designer, Andy Hartzell, is the author of this excellent graphic novel. 100+ pages of foxes, bunnies, and social commentary.

Enjoy. :)

Comments

• edited March 2008
    The second and last items are sitting in my basket, awaiting the checkout process.
  • edited March 2008
    Yay!
  • edited March 2008
    Question will there be more bundles in the future?
  • edited March 2008
    I might get Fox Bunny Funny sometime.
    Probably after Season 2 is over- I'll just throw it in with the DVD.
  • edited March 2008
    I bought Sam & Max Freelance Police - The Complete Animated Series
    • Sam & Max Surfin' the Highway (Paperback) before the bundle appear on the website, will I still get the $5 off?
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2008
    I'll get you a partial refund to match the bundle price.
  • edited March 2008
    Thanks!
  • edited March 2008
    omg 8D I want them all so much, this sucks im broke
  • edited March 2008
    Boom! Just placed my order. :)
  • edited March 2008
    Just wondering. Living in europe we have some import rules and tax and all that. I don't mind having to pay tolls and such for stuff, but from last time I ordered I don't recall if tax was charged for Denmark where it was shipped to. If it wasn't, are there any plans for doing so in the near future?
    Reason for asking is that with stuff that's undeclared it occasionally gets picked out for customs inspection. As I said before I don't mind paying the tax, but the danish postal service has a charge of about $32 for running anything through tolls if it hasn't been declared beforehand. That's a bit of a bother if I were to order f.example the dvd box set. It'd suddenly become a lot more expensive for me if it isn't declared beforehand.
    edited March 2008
    We can't charge import taxes for Europe since we are not shipping the goods from within Europe. In this situation the customer is considered the "importer of record", and is required to pay any taxes when the package arrives at customs (whether taxes are required varies depending on the value of the package and your country's rules). I know that customs sometimes tacks on a handling charge, and unfortunately we can't do anything to avoid that (I've asked about this multiple times...)

The value of the items will be listed on the customs form. You might want to inquire with your customs office to find out if they would charge additional tax before placing the order.
  • edited March 2008
    I'm quite sure there are no subtitles provided with the animated series, aren't they ? (english or any other language), and no additionnal audio track for foreign language ?
    edited March 2008
    Nope, no captions or foreign language tracks. But I did just find an Easter egg on disc 1. :D
  • edited March 2008
    DrakeFox wrote: »
    Just wondering. Living in europe we have some import rules and tax and all that.
    in germany everything that is worth less than 22€ is not charged with import tax or customs fees. as far as i'm informed this should be valid for the whole european union, but i still may be wrong. i still think the dvd should be okay.
  • edited March 2008
    Hello, I bought Surfin the Highway just a few days ago, and then the dvd Series as it came out, any chance to match the bundle offer price? Thank you!
  • edited March 2008
    Can I get a bit of a discount too ,please. :)
    edited March 2008
    People who recently bought Surfin' the Highway and also bought the DVD and want the bundle price matched should email support@telltalegames.com with your order numbers. We are a lot more likely to see the request and remember to take care of it than if you post here. ;)
  • edited March 2008
    Just ordered this DVD, the hardcover "Surfin' the Highway", and a (second) crossbones t-shirt. The t-shirt was one size larger than the first one I ordered but I try not to read too much into it. :cool:

One strange thing was that I was asked for email address and password for game activation, even though I didn't order any software...
    edited March 2008
    We now require accounts for all purchases, whether or not you are buying software. The registration screen refers to the fact that you'll be able to use your account info to unlock your games... I guess that could be confusing if you're not buying any games, but when we switched to this new activation system we wanted it to be super clear to people that your Telltale log-in now doubles as your game activation log-in.
  • edited March 2008
    Today I ordered Bundle #1. Thanks, Emily, for canceling my previous order. Hopefully now I will receive the DVDs and the softcover StH much sooner and less expensive than originally planned. On the other hand, considering my usual luck, it will be stuck in customs until after I receive my hardcover StH.
  • edited March 2008
    Bundles are unfair to the ones who already bought... :(
  • edited March 2008
    Are there any plans on having the animated series and a season 2 disc bundle? I was planning on ordering the hardcover and the animated series but the preorder for the book came before the series appeared on the site.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2008
    There are no specific plans, but the hope is that we can do things like bundles and sales more frequently with some upcoming ecommerce upgrades we're working on.
    edited March 2008
    ezzetabi wrote: »
    Bundles are unfair to the ones who already bought... :(

In this very thread I offered to give refunds to customers who bought Surfin' the Highway separately, to match the bundle price. How is that unfair?

(Not to mention that anyone who bought Surfin' the Highway when it came out got to take advantage of the limited-time "free 201" offer, which people who waited for the bundles don't get.)
  • edited March 2008
    Sorry Emily, I missed the point where you said that. Thanks for the answer.
    edited March 2008
    (Sorry if my answer was kind of bitchy. I was in a bad mood yesterday.)
  • edited March 2008
    Emily wrote: »

glad you are feeling better now then

(we can't have our favourite developers employees in bad graces can we)
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2008
    Emily wrote: »

I can't speak for Emily, but reviewers posting spoilers always puts ME in a bad mood.
  • edited March 2008
    The bundles are an excellent idea. They make me buy stuff I normally wouldn't have ;)

It'll be interesting to see if customs hits me with fees for this. If they do, it might actually be cheaper to order things separately to keep the value of each shipment under 22 EUR :P
  • edited March 2008
    You've just drained all my money now, Telltale. By which I mean my parents' money. I may have to buy more so we're forced to sell my brother into slavery. I never did like my brother. :)
  • edited March 2008
    you should be really ashamed of yourself. selling someone into slavery is definitely not the right thing to do...that way you will be paid only once and the work he does will soon exceed the price you got. instead you should only lend persons to slavers thus receiving a monthly income and not loosing ownership.:rolleyes:
  • edited March 2008
    But then he has to come back!

Also, I have a slightly relevant question: How long does shipping take? When delivering to the UK... I know delivering is usually a week or two from the Americaland but how long does it take to dispatch and stuff? I ordered just the animated series alone because I wanted the hardcover of Surfin' the Highway.

I'm sorry if the answer could be found elsewhere, I did look though. And yes, I'm impatient. But I just need an exact countdown or I explode with anticipation. Having no life helps really.

I've been annoying my girlfriend by saying "I want Sam & Max" repeatedly since I pre-ordered the book now :P
  • edited March 2008
    Also, I have a slightly relevant question: How long does shipping take? When delivering to the UK... I know delivering is usually a week or two from the Americaland but how long does it take to dispatch and stuff?

You'll get an email when the items are dispatched. All the stuff I've ordered has always been dispatched within three-four days :)
  • edited March 2008
    I bought a second discount offer, along with some other stuff only to receive an email that Sam & Max Complete Animated Series is currently unavailable.
    So now I have two orders on hold, the other being HC edition of Surfin' the highway. Aaahhh, rats, just my luck.:(
  • edited March 2008
    You'll get an email when the items are dispatched. All the stuff I've ordered has always been dispatched within three-four days :)

Thank ye! I realise now it's only been a few days, it feels like eternity though :P I'm gonna be refreshing my inbox until I get something now!
    voodoofx wrote: »
    I bought a second discount offer, along with some other stuff only to receive an email that Sam & Max Complete Animated Series is currently unavailable.

*SCREAMS* Don't SAY that! *paranoia mode*

EDIT:

So I got my shipping email, just counting the days now :D
  • edited March 2008
    Can you guys guarentee or deny that the bundle with the DVD and the Comic compilation will still be available in May? It'd be great to know because I kindof like to space out my purchases, and I just bought some RAM. It's not a financial issue on my part, though, so if you could tell me whether or not I can hold off and still get the discount, I might be able to better decide when to buy.

Also: there's not any real immediate danger of you putting the Surfing the Highway compilation remake out of print in the near future, is there? Because that'd just kindof suck, to make a remake that ended up being as hard to find 5-10 years down the line as the first version.
    edited March 2008
    Can you guys guarentee or deny that the bundle with the DVD and the Comic compilation will still be available in May?

Can't guarantee it. Sorry. :(

(It's only a $5 savings, though. Nothing to go into debt over!)
    Also: there's not any real immediate danger of you putting the Surfing the Highway compilation remake out of print in the near future, is there? Because that'd just kindof suck, to make a remake that ended up being as hard to find 5-10 years down the line as the first version.

We plan to keep the paperback in print for a long, long time. :) The hardcover is a limited run, though, and when it's gone we won't be printing more.
  • edited March 2008
    Yeah, wasn't interested in the hardcover anyway.

Thanks. There is one other question, though.

In the past you have posted warnings when your stock of a limited run was almost gone. Do you intend to do something similar when you're about to disconnect a promotion? I could see marketing decisions going either way.
  • edited March 2008
    Ive just ordered the animated series, but had an e-mail saying it`s out of stock, any idea when you`ll be getting more?
  • edited March 2008
    We sent some more off to the warehouse recently, so they should be shipping again either today or Monday.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.