Animated series DVD, bundle pricing, and other new merchandise!

2»

Comments

• edited March 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    We sent some more off to the warehouse recently, so they should be shipping again either today or Monday.

Cool, thanks, never really did see them properly as a kid, and my little lad loves watching me playing the episodes, so he`ll love these too :)
  • edited March 2008
    stemot wrote: »
    Cool, thanks, never really did see them properly as a kid, and my little lad loves watching me playing the episodes, so he`ll love these too :)

Aaaahh.... polluting the minds of children. There's nothing better.:D

Also, Very happy they're back in stock but I regret not getting them sooner because of my two-week long Easter holidays.:)
  • edited March 2008
    Wheeeeeeeee!!! :D
    Order #XXXXXX | Placed: March 22, 2008
    Sam & Max Merchandise Bundle #1
    Consists of Sam & Max Freelance Police - The Complete Animated Series + Sam & Max Surfin' the Highway

I've never had the oportunity to watch the show, since it never aired here in denmark, so I'm very excited about this. :)
    Also this is my first order for a none-digital product.
  • edited March 2008
    Does anyone know if the DVD series will be charged import tax in England? I guess not, I'll make an order anyway but it would be interesting to know.
  • edited March 2008
    LittleFoot wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the DVD series will be charged import tax in England? I guess not, I'll make an order anyway but it would be interesting to know.

Don't know the answer to your question, sorry, but speaking of import tax, I ordered about $120 worth of goods from the Homestar Runner store, and they came to my house without a single extra charge. It was wrapped in a white bag (and then in that was the box) and had two coloured, cardboard labels on the top. In hindsight I should have kept them for reference, but I didn't. :p Just thought I'd share that exciting story.

Actually, I think I'm going to say you won't be charged import tax and that'd you get away with it, but that is just my guessing.
  • edited March 2008
    Craziness, I did exactly the same thing with Homestar goods! And no charge here either. But then I ordered a package containing 2 t-shirts and I got charged a hefty old sum by customs, because they probably just wanted my super cool T-shirts.

Anyway, I think this page should help if the link works, there might be something helpful within it. I generally wouldn't worry seeing as the DVD isn't worth much (moneywise :P).

http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsPortalWebApp/channelsPortalWebApp.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=pageVAT_ShowContent&id=HMCE_CL_001454&propertyType=document

I'm too cool to put hyperlinked text

EDIT:

Looking at it, it's probably better to just assume there won't be fees then actually read this.
  • edited March 2008
    That guy in the Easter Egg talking to Steve Purcell sure is a good looking piece of man meat.
    A very nervous piece of man meat who is very aware that there are 3 cameras pointing at his face.
  • edited March 2008
    Is there a new run of the DVDs shipping soon? Placed an order on the 19th and received an email saying they were out of stock - since then; nada.
  • edited March 2008
    Same here, send a support e-mail about it, they said more would ship before the weekend, but still no confirmation. :(
  • edited March 2008
    I placed an order on the 15th and still no shipment made.
  • edited March 2008
    LittleFoot wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the DVD series will be charged import tax in England?
    I got mine yesterday without any import tax, so you should be alright :)
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2008
    Good news! The rogue DVDs finally arrived at the warehouse today, and backorders should ship this week.

Very sorry for the delay - we placed our order for the additional DVDs almost three weeks ago, but they weren't sent out until last week sometime (not exactly sure when that happened, as I've been out). We would have posted that they were backordered but kept thinking it was only going to be another day or two.
  • edited March 2008
    Hoorah! Looking forward to receiving!
  • edited March 2008
    Yay, me too! (together with my paperback StH... will have to wait for the hardcover, of course)
  • edited April 2008
    Woohoo!!! Shipped!
  • edited April 2008
    I got a question regarding the episode content of the DVD. I've read somewhere that only 24 episodes aired with 2 missing ones. Now on the store it says 24 episodes but in the post it mentions 26.

Does it contain all of them?
  • edited April 2008
    I am still waiting for bigger T-Shirts! And more of them!
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    Yes, the DVD contains all of the episodes. At one point I thought that was 26, and I put it on various places on the site, and then I learned it was actually 24 and updated as many places on the site as I could find that said 26. Sorry.
  • edited April 2008
    there are 13 "shows" that where originally produced..these usually contained two episodes, which would result in a total of 26 episodes. the first and the last one however consisted of a single, longer episode, thus the confusion..probably. also that is the reason why only ever second episode features an intro..
  • edited April 2008
    I got my copies of the DVD today (bought 2, one as a gift).

There's a little weird white line on the left side when I play my copy on my PC. On the TV, it falls outside NTSC safe zones. A smal gripe, though, considering how long the footage has been out of my hands.

on the other hand, the case art (and I mean all the art) is AMAZE. I am especially fond of the bonus disc interior art with the rat-launching chain gun.

thanks to everyone involved for a pretty cool package.
  • edited April 2008
    My DVDs & Paperback Surfin the Highway arrived today. Awesome :)
  • edited April 2008
    Still waiting for mine to arrive, always takes longer importing :(
  • edited April 2008
    I want a bundle with the Hardcover Surfin the Highway the DVDs and Season 2
  • edited April 2008
    I want a bundle with the Hardcover Surfin the Highway the DVDs and Season 2

Seconded, but we'll probably have to wait for the retail box for season 2 before they implement this, sadly.
  • edited April 2008
    Aha, my set came today, I`m gonna pop it n soon, thanks guys :D
  • edited April 2008
    And my set came yesterday, only 12 days after shipping. No extra tax or anything.
    Very cool :D
Sign in to comment in this discussion.