edited March 2008 in Sam & Max
Where do you think 205 will take place?

Comments

• edited March 2008
    Hell
  • mremre
    edited March 2008
    Yup. Hell.

Then again, that is what everything is pointing to, so it would be fun if something unexpected happened. Imagine the priceless gag if S&M jumps through the gateway, there is fire, Gregorian chants and all that. The camera quickly zooms out to reveal - [INSERT ANYTHING ELSE THAN HELL HERE].

Sam: "Boy, I was not expecting that." :)
  • edited March 2008
    To plagiarize mre:
    The duo pop out of the portal into a land fiiled with gold trimmed clouds. A flight of angels flash above them, playing trumpets in a heart rending tune.
    Sam: "Boy, I was not expecting that."
    Max: "I think I would have preferred Hell."

To be honest, I can't think off hand who would want to harvest the souls of the dead and send them to wherever we sent all that lava, but then again, I wasn't expecting the mariachis either. My guess is Santa, out for revenge after you sent him to hell. If he isn't at least in it, I'll donate my skull to medical science.
  • edited March 2008
    Lower Manitoba
  • edited March 2008
    Limenut wrote: »
    To be honest, I can't think off hand who would want to harvest the souls of the dead and send them to wherever we sent all that lava, but then again, I wasn't expecting the mariachis either.
    the lava went through a different portal though, if i'm not mistaken. the huge portal that stopped the vulcano was purple, while the portal to episode 205 is red. on the other hand the purple portal also swallowed the red one from easter island. then again, in 204 is was mentioned that the portal used for the soul crushing was a red portal and not necessarily the 202 portal.

anyway, hell would be reasonable, since we had reappearances from episode 202 and 203 characters in 204, so one from 201 is still missing. no, the poppers don't count..
  • edited March 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    anyway, hell would be reasonable, since we had reappearances from episode 202 and 203 characters in 204, so one from 201 is still missing. no, the poppers don't count..
    The "We killed your dog" line is a throw back to 201.
  • edited March 2008
    maybe it will start out like Spore
  • edited March 2008
    we get to see Santa again? very likely...
  • edited March 2008
    Heh, man, if the finale doesn't take place in hell, then we're going to be remarkably disappointed. :D
  • edited March 2008
    not if it takes place in an even better location..at the moment i think hell would be way to obvious..
  • edited March 2008
    It takes place in the Soda Popper's house - everyone would like that!
  • edited March 2008
    the soda poppers house is inhell!
  • mremre
    edited March 2008
    Just noticed that even the official walk-thru wraps up with "See you in Hell!". So much for that speculation...
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2008
    mre wrote: »
    Just noticed that even the official walk-thru wraps up with "See you in Hell!". So much for that speculation...

I think that's a reference to the last line of the episode...
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2008
    Err, yeah. The line where Max says "See you in hell." :p
  • edited March 2008
    Actually, what Max says is longer than that, something to the effect, "If this doesn't work, I'll see you in hell," which implies they're not going to hell, at least, I think...
  • edited March 2008
    But he knew as much as we do about where they're going, so we're all guessing that it's irony.
  • edited March 2008
    Yes, but it could also be an intentional misdirection. Can't wait for the next one :)
  • edited March 2008
    you cant wait for the next misdirection. i think that you have to wait til next season :D
  • edited March 2008
    Lower Manitoba

My guess exactly.
  • edited March 2008
    If it's not hell, then Telltale put a lot of effort into misdirecting us... probably more than it's worth it. Anyway, I think it would be cool. We've been to Santa's workshop, virtual reality, the moon, and to the beginning of the universe... it's gonna be hard to top that.
  • edited March 2008
    when T-H-E-M sing the song they say where they go we don't know but then they say it's hot like fire
    so it'll either take place in hell or Lower Manitoba...wherever that is
  • edited March 2008
    splash1 wrote: »
    when T-H-E-M sing the song they say where they go we don't know but then they say it's hot like fire
    Canada.
  • edited March 2008

The actual line, for the curious:
    Where they go
    we don't know,
    but it's hot.
    Maybe it's Ensenada.

(which is in Mexico)
  • edited March 2008
    i think i already wrote this somewhere else: what does lower manitoba actually mean? low like winnipeg or low like several thousand miles below the crust?
  • edited March 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    The actual line, for the curious:
    Where they go
    we don't know,
    but it's hot.
    Maybe it's Ensenada.

(which is in Mexico)

I've always wanted to go to Mexico in Sam & Max!
    i also wanted to go to Greek Heaven in but we can't have everything
  • edited March 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    i think i already wrote this somewhere else: what does lower manitoba actually mean? low like winnipeg or low like several thousand miles below the crust?
    According to Wikipedia, 'The word "Manitoba" is etymologically related to the native word "manitou" which means spirit.'

Lower Manitoba might refer to those spirits being lowered in the literal sense of the word... I can't think of many places where spirits would be lowered into, other than some sort of underworld.
  • mremre
    edited March 2008
    I've always wanted to go to Mexico in Sam & Max!
    i also wanted to go to Greek Heaven in Sam & Max but we can't have everything

Drawn with or without reference material? :D
    Also, this is a very sneaky way to conceal text.
  • edited March 2008
    mre wrote: »
    Drawn with or without reference material? :D
    Also, this is a very sneaky way to conceal text.
    sshhh don't give it away
  • edited March 2008
    Bah, now I'm going to have to highlight every post. Thanks alot.
  • edited March 2008
    Double-cross! It's in.... Heavan's restraunts!
    Kidding, if it's in hell no surprises will be had but i think i know a that two things might come up.... I guessing the Santa's Rental Sleigh AND the fact that with time gone to hell, A possibility occurs about the Way they defeated myra aka. they didn't.
  • edited March 2008
    This is an even better way!

But seriously, I'm pretty sure this is going to take place in hell. Maybe a bit of heaven too?
  • edited March 2008
    It's going to take place in Heaven.
    I think in the 2008 future you can see a glowing halo on the coat rack.
    or in the 2108 future dunno.
  • edited March 2008
    No, the halo is from 203. You can see it when Max drinks the Holy Water.
  • edited March 2008
    That halo
    belongs to Max though, he got it when he became high priest on Easter Island - he only has it when drinking or bathing in holy water, though, I think
  • edited March 2008
    Haggis wrote: »
    That halo
    belongs to Max though, he got it when he became high priest on Easter Island - he only has it when drinking or bathing in holy water, though, I think

He didn't get it by becoming high priest. He got it after drinking holy water. It just so happened that being a high priest let him sanctify the water. But holy water blessed by any other priest would probably work just as well though it wouldn't be as funny.
  • edited March 2008
    It seems too obvious that S&M goes to hell. A little TOO too obvious. Maybe Telltale games wants to fake us out by thinking the Hell is too obvious of an answer. So I choose Hell. Besides, where else are they going to go?
  • mremre
    edited March 2008
    Oh Telltale, look at the mess you've made for yourselves.

If 205 is in fact set in Hell, a lot of your fans will be disappointed as people expect S&M episodes to have strange non sequitur twists which would make a plotline so obvious and expected an anti-climax.
    If, however, 205 is not set in Hell, you will have crushed all the expectations of the fans that really want to see S&M battle it out with the meanest bad guys of them all.

Either way, I foretell that no one will play the episode whatsoever, and that by this time next year, the Telltale management will have been forced to sell the entire team as slaves to LucasArts. Mark my words.
  • edited March 2008
    But holy water blessed by any other priest would probably work just as well though it wouldn't be as funny.

You don't need to bless water to make it holy, you just have to boil the hell out of it.

*rimshot*
  • edited March 2008
    *Robot Chicken M. Night Shamalan voice* HERE'S THE TWIST!!

It's Hell, MICHIGAN!!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.