funiest moments 205: Whats new beelzebub (spoilers obviously)

edited April 2008 in Sam & Max
so many to pick from... my favorites are making "vanilla and soda" words on "the list"... Sam: "it looks like plain ***** ice cream"

and i have so many others that a proper list is impossible... so i will just do this....

hell freezing over... they killed Mr. spatula again... Satan being a bum on your street... "sexy" peepers... pretty much any time they used the "deep voice" for something... controlling the maimtron... featherlys drunken ramblings... the snowball fight in hell at the end... the possessed desoto "Curt: when your car came back from hell, it came back... wrong" "your car has its own agenda now" and finally...

Sam: "*giggle* we broke hell"
Max: "dont worry, we can always raise some more"

Comments

• edited April 2008
    Awesome, AWESOME game. Not as many brilliant one liners as 204, but still some memorable moments.

How long til Season 3?
  • edited April 2008
    Dangerzone wrote: »
    pretty much any time they used the "deep voice" for something...

Missed "Chocolate Rain" opportunity... :p

Let's see... from the top of my head...

-The soul train.

-Girl Stinky turning into a cake, and the reactions to said event.

-"So I says to Gunther, I says..."

-The Motivational Deadly Sin posters.

- Brady's laugh.

-Sam's personal hell.

- Specs in his *ahem* leather outfit.
  • edited April 2008
    I guess my choices are (But after only one game, I don't think I can remember everything) :

- The list too (***** Poppers !),

- Satan & Brady : "Brady Brady Brady..." and the corporate talk between Satan and Hell's workers,

- The egg and the remote control from 204,

- Santa's sledge form 201,

- The backdoor and the room in memory of Sam & Max (and the Statues, their names...),

- Timmy and the AI Robot (Finally, They find someone to understand each other, "you stupid moron"),

- Edit : The End with the lava, from 202,

- "Sam & Peepers",
  • edited April 2008
    I really loved some minor details like they actually bleeped out the soda poppers song in stinky's (after you've replaced hugh bliss's list), and the strange deckard chain-ish reference with old man stinky after cake stinky appears... and loads more I cant remember at this moment :P
  • edited April 2008
    Absolutely the unexpected dump of vulcano lava from 202
  • edited April 2008
    Yeah I was not expecting the dump of lava from 202 so that means that the Soda Poppers are now dead.
  • edited April 2008
    Hugh Bliss.

Shame he didn't do more, but what he did do was gold.
  • edited April 2008
    There was a lot of clever minor jokes throughout the game. A lot in just the first sequence. Those posters are awesome, particularly the AfterLife insurance one. Maimtron's singing was a crackup. According to the game, I must have Tourette's too, way too much @#%!^ ice cream. I like how a lot of the jokes and plot twists from earlier tied in to the ending as well. There really was too much to count, it's just crazy how the ending went, it's hard to think about them.
  • edited April 2008
    "You crack me up, little blasphemer."
  • edited April 2008
    heavybassX wrote: »
    Yeah I was not expecting the dump of lava from 202 so that means that the Soda Poppers are now dead.

oh i dunno, so were technicaly Bosco, Jurgen and grandpa Stinky....

I think one of the funniest thing was when you exchanged the swear list for the satan grocery list and discovered that timmy two teeth swear world were actually kinda tame...
  • edited April 2008
    I wasn't expecting Satan's voice to sound like it did. XD
    And for a second when Hugh Bliss wouldn't talk, I thought Satan got tired of his voice, and his punishment was to shut up. His head was creepy funny though.
    Lincolns "party entertainment" made me really laugh. Oh, and Specs suit at the end. XD

I was kinda sad that the #%4& poppers are gone though. I liked their appearances in the game. I hope they find a way to come back, but if not at least it was entertaining to watch them go.
  • edited April 2008
    All-thumbs wrote: »
    I was kinda sad that the #%4& poppers are gone though.

Don't you EVER say that again! Not even as a joke!
  • edited April 2008
    tobar wrote: »
    Don't you EVER say that again! Not even as a joke!

Yeah, they begin to wear on you after awhile. I hope that with the conclusion of 205 we see much less of the @#$% Poppers and a lot more of Grandpa Stinky! He's my new favorite supporting character!
  • edited April 2008
    The demon form of the Poppers made me laughed
  • edited April 2008
    I laughed my ass off at the conversation with Max in Bosco's hell about Bosco being naked.
  • edited April 2008
    Bosco's "little tick" when he finds out who's been watching him all along. Very Norman Bates.

also, ditto to the 202 lava dump at the end.

although i felt kinda bad for Jurgen's Monster. But that's probably my personal tiredness of Abe. Cybil only deserves a man that will truly cherish her!
  • edited April 2008
    -The pile of Mimesweeper cartridges
    -How the Shambling Corporate Presence jumps and clicks away from the game when you talk to him, because I totally do that at my own job. XD
    -Sam and Max's wing in Hell. I thought the door was funny enough, but then I saw the freaking statues!!
    -Hugh Bliss!
    -The slowed-down driving music in Desoto hell
    -The possessed Desoto
    -Sam's personal hell, and how he looked so mopey and miserable walking around in it
    -That lovely glass shattering noise when Bosco snapped
    -Devil Went Down to Georgia reference!
    -GIRL STINKY IS A LIE!
    -Hell freezing over (and Max got to answer the phone!)

There were a lot of moments where I thought "Ohhhh nooo they aren't going to actually do tha- yeah, they did that" like when Satan mentions his management and I immediately knew it was going to be the #%$& Poppers, and when Sam spiked the punch at the abosolutely terrifying bachelor party. And I cheered when the lava dump happened. :D
  • edited April 2008
    "See you in Hell, Max"

Classic. Cracked me up everytime.

Max talking to the Commissioner was a nice touch, as well.
  • edited April 2008
    Gotta be the
    bachelor party.
    that was the most random thing ever, and of course
    naked Bosco
    wasn't expecting something like that.:p
  • edited April 2008
    I liked when Timmy's Tourette's (Did I spell that right? Meh.) was no longer bleeped out.
    "Shoot! Nuts! Fudge balls!"
  • jmmjmm
    edited April 2008
    Too many funny moments...and some jabs at LA ;)
    -Carbonite Smugglers
    -The S&M:FP cancellation press release first lines ("After careful evaluation of current market place realities and underlying economic considerations")
  • edited April 2008
    Where to start?

All the references to the past episodes, esp. the lava dump at the end.
    Abe Lincoln saying "Party on, Dude!", Brilliant ref to the end of Bill and Ted.
    Yeah, the party.
    The rat straddling the face of the wedding-cake doll during the end credits.
    The replacement swear words - Anyone else hear the beeping over the music in Stinky's after changing the list?
    Stinky was a cake!?!?! WTF? Love it.
    The Soda-popper's demon forms.
    Hell freezing over and Max getting to answer the phone as a result, as well as the Nobel Peace Prize.
    In the Office diorama where the safe is hanging over Peepers, but the solution is just to let Max beat the crap out of him. Magic.
    Sam: "I hope I can find some bones to saw"
    The game cartridges.
    Dick Peacock!

Ahh who am I kidding, the whole damn thing was great.
  • edited April 2008
    Yeah i think this was the funniest episode yet. Especcially the references to psycho
    Sam: I didnt think bosco had his mother up there all this time (along those lines)
    Max(creepy voice): A boys best friend is his mother.

Bosco: Get in the bunker mom! (very fruit cellar-ish)
  • edited April 2008
    Let's see, so much to choose from :)

- Bluster Blaster on nitro!
    - "Getting past" Jürgen; having to trick your way past a receptionist or bouncer is one of the most traditional challenges in adventure gaming, and here you just... Walk on by :D
    - The Leisure Suit Larry reference in the "Lust" poster.
    - Hell's office area - reminds me of where I work!
    - Lord of Dorkness!!! Well, Prince of Dorkness, but that's just nitpicking :p
    - The complete, sheer twistedness of the whole thing. Brilliant.

Two snouts up!
  • RazRaz
    edited April 2008
    For some reason, I immediatly thought of the lava when I saw the $#% poppers in the pit, I had sam saying in my head from 202 something like "Wonder where all that lava is going" heh, Glad to see peepers eyeballs floating on lava. Good times :)

Running around the main office looking for a rib for like 10 minutes, even trying the bonesaw on max! ... For some reason, i figured because stinky was such a demonic cake that making her appear would work, I unno? The candle worked thoe, heh :D

One of my favourite parts was getting semi stuck trying to figure out how to make santa and his helper get outta their hell-boxes, then i started shooting things randomly and the toy in the box talked! When i got the opportunity for him to not have a kevlar vest or any armour at all, and to bleed acid, I knew it was for the best :D

Absofrickenlutely the best sam and max, ever.
  • RazRaz
    edited April 2008
    DICK PEACOCK!!!

soooo funny...

I thought putting works like "melons" and stuff on the FCC list, would make something uh "sexy" that peepers would say to sybil turn into bleep bleep bleep ... just saw melons and my guttermind went with it.

I'm so glad Max got the beat the $#% out of a @#$! popper :)

"I removed his kidneys!" - Max.
  • edited April 2008
    max answered the phone...
  • edited April 2008
    When Max says "Love you, too." to the commissioner.

Bosco's animation in his shop. When he's naked, covering himself and looks down his jaw drops! :D

The immense satisfaction after the credits!

The fully upgraded DEMON DESOTO!

When Ping fails in the music showdown.... BLEEP...BLOOP...BLIP.

Sexy Peepers!

The LooOOOoove Train!

The %*@! Poppers and *@%! ice cream.

and pretty much every else in the entire episode! Oh, BRADY CULTURE!
  • edited April 2008
    the freelance police cancellation reference... the bachelor party (whole scene was hilarious) max distract him..max says im naked and starts shaking his ass! lololol
  • edited April 2008
    Just seeing Brady Culture and Hugh Bliss again was enough to make me smile.

But I think my big LOL moment had to go to when Specs came out with his demon outfit. :D
  • edited April 2008
    Hero1 wrote: »
    the freelance police cancellation reference.

When ?, where ?
  • edited April 2008
    timmy: oh fudge balls
    XD lol
    did anyone else spot *can't renember his name now" the secreat agent from "licon must die"? I spotted him going to get some coffee
    There was loads of really funny bits that I can't really renember.
    I loved the sam and peepers. Poor Sam lol
    peepers: we used to take baths together
    sam: euuurgg *shivers*

oh and also I loved the bit that goes along the lines of :
    satan: how did you get past my demon
    max: oh by the way I ripped his kidneys out
  • edited April 2008
    - pile of minesweeper cartridges and how u get them out
    - bachelor party
    - the mariachis appearing at the end and the poppers blowing out the candle
    - maimotron !
    - love how they tied in all the former episodes

-- like the hints of things to come (secret agent in the background in hell) --
  • edited April 2008
    As has been said, finding out Timmy's swear words are pretty tame was very funny. Especially when I distinctly remember Timmy saying he felt like
    shit on a stick
    , during the bleeped out reply to Sam & Max's question how he felt.

Also, I love how the blarghing corporate entity suddenly presses the boss key when Sam & Max approach him while playing Mimesweeper.
  • edited April 2008
    Probably the funniest was:
    "Conga line! Who's with me?"

That's even better than B'nannnngggggg, IMO.

- the pep talk of Max when Sam went fishing.
    - Bosco listing all the parts of him that were real.

And I never get tired of all the popular music references Telltale loves to use. This time again the Maimtron lines, "Use the remote control to tell me whatcha want, whatcha really really want", Soul Train, and the "Monday Monday Monday Monday Monday" when looking at the calendar in hell.
  • edited April 2008
    Finally, some love for the conga line.
    And I'll have to second the 'pep' talk.

The secret agent was Chuckles though, wasn't it? A la the 'not popular enough' Toy Mafiosi.
  • edited April 2008
    My favourite is:
    -Do you want your friend rescued? No problem, just sign here.
    -Oh, thats easy.... Thanks.
    -Now you think the most horrible thing could happen to you.
    -Sure... No, wait.... OK!
    BING!

Forced doing office work with Poppers!

I was too confused by the last puzzle I thought I had to create a new girl Stinky with the cake... But the hint arrived just in time.

What I disliked: Sam just letting Max answering the phone... Completely unacceptable!
    At most I could accept Max winning the fight for the phone....
    Minor detail... anyhow.

edit: @Avel. Yep, it was him. I am sure since I sought him after seeing it for a moment. Pity you can't speak with him...
  • edited April 2008
    Many of the Maimtron's lines were excellent.
    The little swipe at the FCC over what they choose to censor when you find out how mild Timmy's "swearing" is.

Peepers: We used to take baths together.
    Sam: EEUUURGG *shivers*

I said exactly what Sam did in response to Peeper's line, exactly when he said it. Had me laughing for a while.
  • edited April 2008
    I also have to say I find it funny how sam and max keeping locking people up.
    Like leonard and when *not sure how it went* but with the monster
    either sam or max: Get back in the trunk now gruesome!

I liked max answering the phone D8 it was kinda cute, wondering though if sam did it to be nice or he was too tired or something
  • edited April 2008
    Also, Stinky's Diablo quote - 'stay awhile and listen...' (It WAS a Diablo quote, right?)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.