funiest moments 205: Whats new beelzebub (spoilers obviously)

2»

Comments

• edited April 2008
    It was because Hell froze over. I just got that. It also explains how he got the Nobel peace prize, and how they got to help out at Sybil's wedding.

And Sam's personal hell made me crack up so hard...
  • edited April 2008
    I think one of the funniest thing was when you exchanged the swear list for the satan grocery list and discovered that timmy two teeth swear world were actually kinda tame...

Well, they do want to keep the rating and it'd push up the rating for a season pack too. I'm sure they *wanted* to do it...
  • edited April 2008
    I like the numerous times that hell being frozen over was foreshadowed. I need to start over from the beginning and run a count. That or someone with more time or less laziness needs to do it for me. I remember Sam to Max over controlling the Maimtron and Sybil to Max over officiating the wedding specifically.
  • edited April 2008
    Yeah i was wondering how long it would be until people realised why all that crazy stuff was happening after hell froze over (max getting phone, peace prize etc.)
  • edited April 2008
    Yeah i was wondering how long it would be until people realised why all that crazy stuff was happening after hell froze over (max getting phone, peace prize etc.)

I noticed it right away, and was even expecting bizarre things to happen now that it was snowing in hell. As soon as the phone rang I immediately thought "Oh god! It's going to be the Commissioner, and Max is totally going to answer it!" And lo and behold, he did! I cracked up and couldn't stop laughing until the credits began!
  • edited April 2008
    You know, the second Sybil said "There'll be snow flurries in hell before that happens," I thought 'I am so gonna freeze hell.'
  • edited April 2008
    Blind posting because I haven't finished the game yet, but two great moments so far were:
    - Maimtron looking at the Desoto: "What are they going to do with all that junk, all that junk inside their trunk?"
    - and the Dukes of Hazzard-style narration when Sam&Max
    escape with the Desoto
  • edited April 2008
    Soultaker wrote: »
    Blind posting because I haven't finished the game yet, but two great moments so far were:
    - Maimtron looking at the Desoto: "What are they going to do with all that junk, all that junk inside their trunk?"
    - and the Dukes of Hazzard-style narration when Sam&Max
    escape with the Desoto

I'd forgotten about the DoH reference. In fact, I didn't even know that was the solution to the puzzle. I didn't notice the scene above the road was the diorama just above it, containing Bosco. I was just happy the DeSoto was moving fast so I decided to celebrate with a jump... and lo and behold, I saved both the DeSoto and Bosco's souls!
  • edited April 2008
    ezzetabi wrote: »

What I disliked: Sam just letting Max answering the phone... Completely unacceptable!
    At most I could accept Max winning the fight for the phone....
    Minor detail... anyhow.

I disagree, hell had frozen over by this point, so it made sense that Max would win.
  • edited April 2008
    Everything related to the bleeping was mind-bendingly clever. Along with all the other stuff going on, it was almost too much to take in.

I also thought Sam's comments on the decor at Stinky's were funny.
    jmm wrote: »
    -The S&M:FP cancellation press release first lines ("After careful evaluation of current market place realities and underlying economic considerations")
    That's AMAZING, I didn't notice that. Wow.
  • edited April 2008
    Kitmit13 wrote: »
    I liked max answering the phone D8 it was kinda cute, wondering though if sam did it to be nice or he was too tired or something

It was a joke about hell freezing over, and all these things start happening, from the old expression "[that event will happen]...when hell freezes over"
  • edited April 2008
    MaxFan wrote: »
    It was a joke about hell freezing over, and all these things start happening, from the old expression "[that event will happen]...when hell freezes over"

OOOhh! lol :D sorry I tend to be very slow like that
    Thanks,, now it seems funny
  • edited April 2008
    Yet to finish the game, but so far:

Sam: "Bosco's
    personal hell: a one-man play in an infinite number of acts
    "
    Max: "Huh, and I thought Waiting for Godot sucked"

Gets me because I really think Waiting for Godot sucks.
  • edited April 2008
    Looking at Bosco's hell, the way he screams makes me laugh.
  • edited April 2008
    I just loved the Dukes of Hazard narration when they escape the Desoto diorama!
    Plus the fact that Max got to answer the phone and win the Nobel Peace Prize when hell froze over.
    And that Santa really hates kids, which is why he took the job.

Plus, the whole Max officiating at Sybil & Abe's wedding thing - she actually said they'd be serving ice cream in hell before she let Max officiate at her wedding, and then the ice cream truck showed up just before Max got off the phone. I had actually thought that I'd have to find a way to serve ice cream in hell as part of the game when I first heard her say that...
  • edited April 2008
    I liked how when you were in the hell offices, and i believe went over to the break room, you mention something about worshipping, and Brady Culture blurts out, "No no!! Worship me! Worship me!!!"
  • edited April 2008
    The second "intro" screen for Sam & Peepers was perfectly timed... it caused me to literally lol... and loudly at that.

Also, two quotes got me giggling:
    "Come watch what Satan does best: Boardroom Negotiations and Corporate Powerplays!"
    "By the Power of the Bell! *ding"

Most disturbing moment:
    The Bachelor Party.
  • edited April 2008
    yeah, i remember someone asking somewhere in some other thread for desktop size screenshots of the sam and peepers intro.. (and that someone was probably ShaggE) well, here are 2 nice caps of it (if anyone wants to resize and repost, go ahead.. im too lazy to make different scales myself)

i just noticed the "looney tunes" motif around sam ;)

eagl84.jpg

2j2c1uf.jpg
  • edited April 2008
    Woohoo! Wallpaper'd. :D Many thanks and well-wishes.
  • edited April 2008
    personally i think they could've done so much more with that second opening, but thats just me.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.