Steam release now that season 2 is over

2»

Comments

• edited April 2008
    That reminds me, it's almost time for my afternoon wreck...
  • edited April 2008
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    It's like watching a car crash into an art museum.

An oddly specific metaphor...
  • edited April 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    An oddly specific metaphor...

Well my initial thought was "like a train wreck," (that is, you can't help but stare at it) but those don't tend to inspire nearly so much discussion. :p
  • edited April 2008
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    It's like watching a car crash into an art museum.
    Or into a home for people with artificial personality disorder, even.
  • MelMel
    edited April 2008
    Chuck wrote: »
    Or into a home for people with artificial personality disorder, even.

I forgot that was from Season 1 (I went and googled it - d'oh :o).
    Speaking of personality disorders, have you read about Herschel Walker and his dissociative personality disorder? That's a big tangent from the subject of this thread. Sorry.
  • edited April 2008
    i am dieing here waiting for the season 2 to come to steam? first i was told to wait untell the season ended so now is it coming to steam and if so when???:confused:
  • edited April 2008
    I like steam and all but i like getting the physical media better and since telltale offers a way to get the media later I prefer to support them directly
  • edited April 2008
    My god! It is starting over, isn't it?! Like some horrible loop in the space time continuum!! Make it stop! Make it stop!!!

*cough*

Sorry. Just noticing the redundancy of the posts having redundancy with words that are redundant.... (get it?)
  • edited April 2008
    but redundancy is good...it helps you to find and correct your errors.;)
  • edited April 2008
    The only good redundancy is in RAID arrays and backups.....

See, now you made me nerd out there.
  • jmmjmm
    edited April 2008
    And power systems (RAID won't help you without power!), life support systems, network topology, critical systems (like those used to control a nuclear power plant), and ...
  • edited April 2008
    Heh. Alright, alright. Redundancy is good.... but not for forum posts!
  • edited April 2008
    3 Statements:

1) I wouldn't have bought Season 1 if it weren't for Steam.
    2) Even though I loved the original "Hit the Road"
    3) I won't buy Season 2 until it is on Steam.

You cannot choose where I want to buy my games.
    It's the customers choice.

Deal with it.
  • edited April 2008
    Nice to meet you too.
  • edited April 2008

Deal with it.

Yeah! I want Mario Galaxy on Xbox 360! Make it happen, Nintendo!
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    3 Statements:

1) I wouldn't have bought Season 1 if it weren't for Steam.
    2) Even though I loved the original "Hit the Road"
    3) I won't buy Season 2 until it is on Steam.

Deal with it.

I dont think anyone has said you don't have a choice! The games didn't come out on Steam for a little while after they were on TTG and GameTap last year. Patience!
  • edited April 2008
    sharp razor to swallow!
  • edited April 2008
    i am losing my mind here... i need my sam and max season 2 steam fix bad ! ! ! and for the record.." i never heard of sam and max before steam ! ! !" also i only buy steam games cause i lose or mess up cds. steam is the greats thing since the internet ! ! !

can you ball park season 2 to steam??
  • edited April 2008
    Nope! The versions on our website are downloadable as well, though. Discs are optional (and free).
  • edited April 2008
    i own over 30 steam games and like having all me games in one place thanks but no thanks i was just hoping for a date like 3 days a week maybe???
  • edited April 2008
    I'm waiting for the Steam release , I buy all of my games off of steam. I'm really excited now since Season 2 just ended that means it will be coming to Steam soon!

Season 1 was fantastic by the way
  • jmmjmm
    edited April 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    Nope! The versions on our website are downloadable as well, though. Discs are optional (and free).

A quick note: the disc is free but shipping and handling is not.
  • edited April 2008
    I'd love to see the second season on Steam, mainly for convenience. I loved the first season, so I'll get the second season eventually. Whether or not I get it through Steam or you depends on how long you take to release it on Steam, if you do at all.

And if you release it on Steam the very day after I buy it straight off of you mob, I will be very cross with you...then I'll go buy it again. >_>

Of course my contribution will do little to waver the magnitude in which you place on all your decisions. I am like dust in the wind spawned inside your nostrils, my opinions waver in the light of your legendary divinity. Please, forgive me for becoming so rash, with the epicity of my post count, tricking my person into thinking I could influence the decisions of your awesome power. I shall never do it again unless, of course, I feel like it.

I - you get my point, doncha? Can we have it on Steam please? :P
  • edited April 2008
    Gnik Si Remot Suc!
    Customer Is King!
  • edited April 2008
    Gnik Si Remot Suc!
    Customer Is King!

I think that is more a retail saying.
  • edited April 2008
    It's also totally not true. I have to deal with people who think that every day, though.
  • jmmjmm
    edited April 2008
    "Customers are fools, Foo'." - Bosco
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    in my mind, the customer IS king, however you have to go on the "greater good" scale of customer. I'm sure jmm* would love it if we created an entire game exactly as he wanted it, but that would probably piss off the rest of our customers pretty quickly.

So yeah, all things in due time. We have all sorts of schedules and contracts and stuff that we are balancing back here behind the curtain. I assure you that we don't have "This month: Screw customer" penciled in anywhere on the calendar. ...unless I'm just missing it. It is an awfully full calendar.

*using him as an example since I'm sure he wouldn't mind.
  • edited April 2008
    And I had just gotten happy that this post was near death....

People making outright demands for a release through a specific avenue is just goofy. Listen to some Rolling Stones or something. You can't always get what you want. There may be an issue between Telltale and Valve that they can't talk about while it is still being resolved. (...and of course I type this as Will posts "We have all sorts of schedules and contracts and stuff that we are balancing back here behind the curtain.")

On another note, spend enough time in customer service and you learn how idiotic and unreasonable they can be.
  • edited April 2008
    Peril wrote: »
    On another note, spend enough time in customer service and you learn how idiotic and unreasonable they can be.

I hear ya.
  • jmmjmm
    edited April 2008
    Will wrote: »
    in my mind, the customer IS king, however you have to go on the "greater good" scale of customer. I'm sure jmm* would love it if we created an entire game exactly as he wanted it, but that would probably piss off the rest of our customers pretty quickly.

So yeah, all things in due time. We have all sorts of schedules and contracts and stuff that we are balancing back here behind the curtain. I assure you that we don't have "This month: Screw customer" penciled in anywhere on the calendar. ...unless I'm just missing it. It is an awfully full calendar.

*using him as an example since I'm sure he wouldn't mind.

I don't mind ;)
  • edited April 2008
    Haha, I wonder if anyone else just pictured jmm as Flower from Bambi.
  • edited April 2008
    Peril wrote: »

Well, I know Valve is not customer friendly.
    (And THAT is an understatement)

And I know that you guys seem to be nice folks.

Still, I prefer everything in the one system I placed my bets on.

I have more than 140 games on Steam.

And I managed to wait very impatiently since Ice Station Santa came out. :P

:D
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2008
    Hey, hey!

(Also I'm closing this thread now. There's a new one about the Steam release here.)
This discussion has been closed.