Favorite bit character?

edited May 2008 in Sam & Max
By bit-character I mean ones that appear in one or two eppisodes (not sybel, abe, max/sam, soda poppers, or Bosco)

I like Yergen, he's so funny (kinda like an undead, depressed hugh bliss).

Anyone else have any favorite bit characters?

Comments

• edited April 2008
    I liked the devil, he was awesome. I woulda liked more interaction with him. I hope he returns!
  • edited April 2008
    I do have to say i like Flint alot, though he may count seeing has hes in all the episodes, so im gonna say shambling corporate presence ( I dont like either of them has much as I like Sam and Max of course :) )
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    I like Whizzer. I miss him.
  • edited April 2008
    Jake wrote: »

May I point out my initial post:
    Ashton wrote: »
    By bit-character I mean ones that appear in one or two eppisodes (not sybel, abe, max/sam, soda poppers, or Bosco)
    He's not a bit-character, since he turend out to be one of the three mosnters behind all the escipades of seasons 1 AND 2.
  • edited April 2008

Don't say that!

Not even as a joke!

Satan's voice actor makes me want to see him again and again. :)
  • edited April 2008
    Mafioso wrote: »
    Don't say that!

Not even as a joke!

It's not a joke... I like Whizzer too. He's on my business cards :)
  • edited April 2008
    sorry about the plain-text spoiler, how do you do the "click to view" thing?

Whizzer is the embodyment of all urination jokes (though I love the twisted power that eventually comes with it) He's funny, yes, all three of them are, but they've been WAY overdone, imo (and I think in everyone's opinion) I wouldnt' have minded only seeing them in 1-3 eppisodes and that be the end of them.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    Mafioso wrote: »
    Don't say that!

Not even as a joke!

Of all the three Poppers, Whizzer always seemed to be the one who genuinely meant well, but was thwarted by his other two brothers way more overt psychosis.
  • jmmjmm
    edited April 2008
    The Portable AI from 204
  • edited April 2008
    now that you mention it..the ai really was cool and had some great lines. well, it wasn't so much the content of what it said, but when.
  • edited April 2008
    "Time out for Number One!"
  • edited April 2008
    older sam in the future, omg was he hilarious
  • edited April 2008
    The monster
  • edited April 2008
    Featherly
  • edited April 2008
    older sam in the future, omg was he hilarious

Wouldn't that just count as Sam?
  • edited April 2008
    I think he means the senile sam in the fancy wheelchair that mumbled completely random and illogical things... (why max wasn't jsut as insane at that point I can only guess.....)

I would count him and future max (on the hoverdisk) as bit characters. Though the ones from just a few epps in the future/past would indeed be just "sam" and "max" respectivly.

personally I was saddened by what happens to sam and hope it never comes to that in the games... Though future max was awesome! lol
  • edited April 2008
    I know he meant the old Sam but I always just considered him Sam.
  • edited April 2008
    jmm wrote: »
    The Portable AI from 204

Yeah, the AI from 204 had some great lines (especially Passive Aggressive). He would have made a great addition to Sam and Max's office. Although, I still wish he had a "manic depressive" setting... *sigh*
  • edited April 2008
    difference of opinion. I thought the change was so drastic that they were nolonger the same characters, it coudl really be argued either way. For the purpose of this thread, though, far-future-sam and far-future-max are bit characters.
  • edited April 2008
    Satan was the best side character yet. Gramps Stinky second. Monster comes third.
  • edited April 2008
    I'd say it'd have to be a tie between Brady Culture and the mafioso bear whose only vocabulary consists of "Wanna play cards?"
  • edited April 2008
    yeah i got a few tied in place for my first place pick...

Chuckles, the maimtron, timmy too teeth, the Bug, Bessie the cow, and harry moleman are my favorites

and now that i know how evil
    the poppers were (that and the fact that we will never see them alive again), i actually kinda miss those guys now... the fact that were evil makes them cool, go figure

P.S. @Ashton here is how you spoiltag text (you can just copy+paste this and change the text it hides)
    [noparse]
    Spoiler Text Here
    [/noparse]
  • edited April 2008
    Mr. Spatula. Sure he was there from the beginning, but he speaks so little.
  • edited April 2008
    The suggestive AI was one of the best :)
  • edited April 2008
    Dangerzone wrote: »
    and now that i know how evil
    the poppers were (that and the fact that we will never see them alive again), i actually kinda miss those guys now... the fact that were evil makes them cool, go figure
    Don't ever say that again! Not even as a joke!
  • edited April 2008
    I like Superball, his serious, blunt and to-the-point manner of speaking is always a crack-up :D Him, and Satan:
    "A horned skull? Really? Well excuse me, I thought we were living in the 21st century!"
  • edited April 2008
    To be honest, I liked Bosco's mother, because she's flamboyant, and her radical feminist comments on men are hilarious.
  • edited April 2008
    Seen Superball enough times now that I forgot he's technically a bit character. He's my favorite and I'm glad he doesn't get overused.
  • edited April 2008
    Jurgen!

I kinda hope he becomes a recurring character, actually. :D
  • mremre
    edited April 2008
    Featherly. Can't have enough of Featherly.
  • edited April 2008
    My favorite bit character is Harry Moleman.
  • edited April 2008
    Jurgen, he's the best! Really like that guy, he's just sooooo cool. Made me want to beсome a goth. LOL
  • JaiJai
    edited April 2008
    It's tough to decide between Grandpa Stinky and the Devil. Grandpa Stinky did make a Diablo II joke, though, and the Devil . . . well, the Devil didn't, and you'd think he rather well could have! Hrmph.
  • edited April 2008
    It's a tie between Shambling Corporate Presence (what's not to love about a googly eyed blob with flailing arms who plays Minesweeper all day?) and the infant versions of celebrities and historical figures (I have a soft spot for Baby Glenn Miller.)

Grandpa Stinky is the man as well, but he's more of a recurring character. I also would like to have seen more of the Devil and less of the you know who's in 205. But I'm guessing Season 3 will be featuring him more, so that's a good thing.
  • edited April 2008
    I dont know, I See season 3 featuring Satan either a LOT (as in he opens a shop on their street or something) or not at all --- Hell just doesnt seem like the place you casually visit (but then this *IS* Sam and Max...)
  • edited April 2008
    Nuroticat wrote: »
    It's a tie between Shambling Corporate Presence (what's not to love about a googly eyed blob with flailing arms who plays Minesweeper all day?) and the infant versions of celebrities and historical figures (I have a soft spot for Baby Glenn Miller.)

Grandpa Stinky is the man as well, but he's more of a recurring character. I also would like to have seen more of the Devil and less of the you know who's in 205. But I'm guessing Season 3 will be featuring him more, so that's a good thing.

No, it plays Mimesweeper, not Minesweeper.
  • edited April 2008
    My favorites are Jurgen, Grandpa Stinky, and Momma Bosco.
  • edited April 2008
    I'd hafta throw in one for the Moai heads, especially the one always real angry, and the one with his head burried.

Grandpa Stinky and Flint are great as well, but they're somewhat recurring.
  • edited April 2008
    It takes 8 bits to define an ASCII character as far as I know... So I'm not sure if I have a favorite among a 0 and a 1.
  • edited April 2008
    Jai wrote: »
    It's tough to decide between Grandpa Stinky and the Devil. Grandpa Stinky did make a Diablo II joke, though, and the Devil . . . well, the Devil didn't, and you'd think he rather well could have! Hrmph.

Hmm...? Diablo 2 joke? What was it?
    I played the episode only once right when it came out so I don't remember the whole thing in details. I'm not about to do it again though.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.