Please tell me they're dead! *spoilers*

edited September 2008 in Sam & Max
In the latest episode, as we all know, you dump
the $#&! Poppers into the island where they are dissolved by lava pouring out of the Bermuda triangle

Does anyone else hope this means they won't be appearing in season 3? Oh god, the voices...the five o clock shadow! Haunting my dreams!

Comments

• edited April 2008
    Acctually, I think the ratio is prety close to 50/50 that love/hate the them... I for one agree with you but mianly because tehy're annoying and stale now, most of the jokes that can be used have been...
  • edited April 2008
    peeper's eyes survived, so maybe they can be brought back from the dead.
  • edited April 2008
    I can see a few parts of each one surviving and being combined into some grotesque cyborg with all three personalities within it batteling for control with a single congruent goal: KILL SAM AND MAX!!! but that could jsut be my personal nutzo idea...
  • edited April 2008
    205 clearly has shown us that death means nothing in the Sam and Max Universe. So you never know.
  • edited April 2008
    just the other day a bunch of lava got dumped on me and I'm fine so I would totally expect them to return for season three
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    Mike Watson is the villain of Season Three.
  • edited April 2008
    this sounds totally plausible to me..
  • edited April 2008
    i thought Mr. T was gonna be the Season 3 villian
  • EmiEmi
    edited April 2008
    205 clearly has shown us that death means nothing in the Sam and Max Universe. So you never know.

But just because the Sam and Max universe allows Telltale to do something, it doesn't mean they should. After 11 episodes, the $#&! Poppers have run their course. While they might not have appeared in every episode, they still played a large role in the all the goings on. It's time to move on to something new.
  • edited April 2008
    Read this post, in reference of this other of Chuck.
    Bureaucracy wins again.
  • edited May 2008
    ezzetabi wrote: »
    Read this post, in reference of this other of Chuck.
    Bureaucracy wins again.

I didn't realize that Telltale had license agreements on certain characters. I wonder if the poppers are still owned by LucasArts.
  • JaiJai
    edited May 2008
    I rather do expect to see
    Peepers' eyes, Whizzer's bladder, and . . . uh . . . maybe something else from the third one to survive. I don't mind if they come back as only ONE character - like, say, the whiningest cyborg ever.
  • edited May 2008
    Omali wrote: »
    I didn't realize that Telltale had license agreements on certain characters. I wonder if the poppers are still owned by LucasArts.

That was what we in the humor business like ot call a 'joke' :)
  • edited May 2008
    LOL! I'm not the only one that got pwn'd by that post! (yes, I also mistook it for being serious)

Though I do point out, as you probably know, TT _DOES_ have a lisencing agreement with Purcell to use S+M. I think all other characters though are original TT
  • edited May 2008
    Except for Flint Paper.
  • edited May 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    That was what we in the humor business like ot call a 'joke' :)

You crack me up little buddy.
  • EmiEmi
    edited May 2008
    Jai wrote: »
    Peepers' eyes, Whizzer's bladder, and . . . uh . . . maybe something else from the third one to survive. I don't mind if they come back as only ONE character - like, say, the whiningest cyborg ever.

NO! Referring to them, yes, but I do not want them to come back in any way, shape or form. After 2 seasons it is time for something new. Use something to much and it gets stale.
  • edited May 2008
    Jai wrote: »

I think
    Spec's Brain
    would be the most logical choice for his
    "Surviving" Organ

And to tell the truth I woul like to see that too.
  • edited May 2008
    His brain is dead.
  • edited May 2008
    There may still be a lot of speculation left. This site was set up recentely: http://sodapoppers.com/
  • edited May 2008
    If by recently you mean two years ago, then yes ;)
  • edited May 2008
    Am I missing soemthing or is there nothing mroe to that site than the SP logo and a striped background?
  • edited May 2008
    The Soda Poppers were the least compelling villains of the entire series. They never had a lovable hook like Brady Culture or Hugh Bliss or the Mariachis, they were just completely annoying and one dimensional. I'm glad they're gone, and I expect that telltale will come up with something creative to replace them.
  • jmmjmm
    edited May 2008
    Ashton wrote: »
    Am I missing soemthing or is there nothing mroe to that site than the SP logo and a striped background?

Same thing with www.bancolavadero.com and www.nauseatinglycute.com
  • edited May 2008
    Don't forget dudebrough.com... everyone's favorite!
  • edited May 2008
    I would be satisfied if peepers eyes just came back as the episode trophy :P
  • edited May 2008
    Same here.
  • edited May 2008
    i hate soda poppers (ops, &%@ Poppers :P) -__-" I don't want them back in season three. They are all except funny XD.
  • edited May 2008
    well you did see their eyes pop out...
    that means they are truely - going to come back!!! XDXD
    mwhahahahah!!

nah, bringing the *(%& poppers back will be stupid.

I guess they have a son though... XDXD
    Maybe Sybil and mustached... oh better not say that name. XD
  • edited May 2008
    Emi wrote: »
    But just because the Sam and Max universe allows Telltale to do something, it doesn't mean they should. After 11 episodes, the $#&! Poppers have run their course. While they might not have appeared in every episode, they still played a large role in the all the goings on. It's time to move on to something new.
    I think they could return, obviously not playing the same integral role they once played. But I'm sure some how they will turn up in one way or another..In Sam and Max's closet? lawl.
  • edited May 2008
    IMO it should be the eyes that are kept in the closet. even though i've no idea how S&M coulda got to them.
  • edited May 2008
    please i hope to the heavens, the soda jerks are dead...

tho that whole joke where whizzer was trying to mack it to sybil was pretty funny... oohhh yeeeaaa. hahaha
  • edited May 2008
    Peepers, not Whizzer.
  • edited June 2008
    They cannot die. They, like all guys, went to Heaven or Hell. And they will come back!!! mwhahahahah!!
  • edited June 2008
    Back to hell eventually.

(to borrow from a South Park joke) Yes, we died, but where were we supposed to go? West Dakota?
  • edited September 2008
    I like the soda poppers
  • edited September 2008
    While They're Dead
  • edited September 2008
    I just play that scene with the two eye balls floating in lava over and over again in my head.
  • edited September 2008
    The edit button is your friend, yes...do not fear the pressy-clicky.

As for the $*&@ Poppers, I suppose Satan could mail Sam and Max the remains as a thank you present. Perhaps in the form of a key chain or an antenna thingamabopper.
  • edited September 2008
    I'd hope they're dead. Except Whizzer. Whizzer's awesome. Oh, and are The Shambling Corporate Presence and Jurgen back? They were at Sybil's wedding. Or were they just visiting from hell? If they're back, hugh bliss should totally be, too.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.