Glass Him

Jesus, am I the only one who thought this clearly meant "toast him" and gasped when Bigby slammed his glass into Woody's head?

Comments

• I know some people who thought that as well, personally i was aware that it was smash the glass into the guys head.

• Yeah, that's what I thought but I actually checked on the web real quick to make sure, and found out what it really meant. I of course then went with the non-violent options. I guess it's a bit long but something like [smash glass on him] or anything else would have been better.

• I didn't think it even made sense as an option really.

• You check your options online first? Kinda takes the "adventure" out of adventure games doesn't it?

I thought it would be a toast as well but I found it hilariously amusing when he bashed the shot glass in his head instead.

Yeah, that's what I thought but I actually checked on the web real quick to make sure, and found out what it really meant. I of course then we

• I also thought it had something to do with getting him a drink or something.

• Wow I thought I was the only one.....

• edited October 2013

I sort of knew that it meant to hit him with a glass, so that's why I picked a different dialogue.

• I too thought it was going to pore him a drink or something. I felt bad when i hit him in the face and i was shocked.

• Same here. Please don't do that again, telltale.

DovahBeats posted: »

I too thought it was going to pore him a drink or something. I felt bad when i hit him in the face and i was shocked.

• I'm actually a bit surprised that people haven't heard that expression before. I thought it was a pretty common one.

Meanwhile, given how heaps of people seem to have been surprised by this, I'd love to see Telltale make a joke out of it in a later episode.

• I knew it meant hit him with a glass. So I chose a different option, Woody and Bigby seemed to be getting along somewhat

• I was the same as several people here. I simply thought that it meant to tap glasses in agreement or something like that since they were behaving.

• edited October 2013

I thought we would weakly hit our glasses with each others and say cheers but apparently it gave him a head-butt with the glass lol

• Bigby meant to tap his glass, but he missed. Badly.

Web Head posted: »

I thought we would weakly hit our glasses with each others and say cheers but apparently it gave him a head-butt with the glass lol

• HAHAHA SUCK. I mean, I knew he would hit him. He's Bigsby, it's his nature.

• As a foreigner, it's harder to get it.

Planeforger posted: »

I'm actually a bit surprised that people haven't heard that expression before. I thought it was a pretty common one. Meanwhile, given how h

• you don't seem to be the only one who made that mistake, but to "glass" someone is a common (to common) phrase where i come from

• Yeah same I knew what it meant; though I admit I double taked at the option. It seemed sort of out of place.

you don't seem to be the only one who made that mistake, but to "glass" someone is a common (to common) phrase where i come from

• You are not alone on that! Honest to god I thought I was buying the wretch a drink before hauling him away. It was truly shocking when the animation played. I remember him saying "What was that for?!" and I screamed back at my computer: "I don't know!"

• I knew straight away that it's probably something violent, just the phrasing 'Glass Him' is suspicious.

• I thought it might mean one of two things...but I wasn't going to click on it and find out. I was more distracted by the option to interrogate him.

• edited October 2013

I can understand people's confusion here. Glassing someone is a British term which literally means to hit or slash someone with a bottle/glass. Its use outside of the British Isles is... well, I don't think it's quite as widespread as Telltale assumed it was. :)

That said, why would you assume the phrase to be something nice? It doesn't SOUND particularly pleasant if you say it out loud, and if the game was going to give you the option of clinking glasses with him, I'm pretty sure it would have said 'clink glasses with him'. But that said, yeah, it probably could have been worded a little better.

Actually, does Bigby even HAVE a drink by this point? Can anyone remember? I know he'd ordered one, but did he actually get it?

• edited October 2013

He...did not. He ordered a drink, but didn't get it. Good point. That also crossed my mind when I saw that option.

EDIT: Which is really too bad. I mean, if you really wanna be a badass, you gotta use your own glass. :P

I can understand people's confusion here. Glassing someone is a British term which literally means to hit or slash someone with a bottle/glass

• I also thought it meant toast with Woody, but I chose to interrogate him because I wanted to find out what he knew, and puring him a drink didn't seem to help me achieve that goal.

On my second playthrough, where I was nicer, I chose to glass him and... well, I wasn't roleplating as nice Bigby anymore, apparently xD.

• Really? I better try that option with ichabod crane next time, when i steal his whine

• Damn, same here, really thought that I was cutting Woody some slack. However......

• My friend thought it meant he was going to buy Woody a drink, when it happened he was just sitting there staring at the computer with a total "What!?" face.

• edited October 2013

[Edit] Aparantly it wont play from the part I want to show you. skip to 8 minuites and 32 seconds.

• "here's to ya, low life murdering scum" lol

• Agreed. I thought it was pretty common term especially for bar fights and I haven't come across any play throughs of anyone choosing that option. I support the notion of making a joke out of it in a later episode.

Planeforger posted: »

I'm actually a bit surprised that people haven't heard that expression before. I thought it was a pretty common one. Meanwhile, given how h

• LOL like

Woody: you hit me in the face with a glass!!

Bigby: what? i thought that was the customary celebration for you big bearded woodsman types

Agreed. I thought it was pretty common term especially for bar fights and I haven't come across any play throughs of anyone choosing that option. I support the notion of making a joke out of it in a later episode.

• same here, this was a total "WTF?"-moment for me

• It'd be great if at the end, when everything's resolved and they all go out for drinks to celebrate, the [Glass Him] prompt appears again but this time it actually means to clink glasses with him.

Agreed. I thought it was pretty common term especially for bar fights and I haven't come across any play throughs of anyone choosing that option. I support the notion of making a joke out of it in a later episode.

• edited October 2013

Given the reaction people have had to the phrasing as is, I suspect they'd call it 'clink glasses' rather than just 'glass him'.

But yeah, that'd be nice. And if you did select 'glass him', he'd say something about it. And you'd laugh and say you were stressed or something, and then balloons would fall from the ceiling and the camera crew would come out and reveal the whole thing to just be a reality show and...

...where was I going with this? :p

Daft-Gamer posted: »

I was the same as several people here. I simply thought that it meant to tap glasses in agreement or something like that since they were behaving.

• Yeah, I couldn't control my laughter when I accidentally glassed him. Hopefully they make that kind of shit more obvious in the future.

• I skipped right over that choice so it wasnt until I saw this playthrough that I knew you could just bust him in the face for no reason. It made me laugh though.

stevean2 posted: »

[Edit] Aparantly it wont play from the part I want to show you. skip to 8 minuites and 32 seconds.

• I'm honest, guys, I am shocked by the amount of people who thought that "glass him" was a positive thing to do :D
    And my native tongue is Ukrainian. I understood "glass him" as, well, "hit him with a glass nearby", so naturally I never done that. This phrase seems similar to "knife him", and in my mind it goes into that category as well.

• I was too curious to see what would happen 0_0

I'm honest, guys, I am shocked by the amount of people who thought that "glass him" was a positive thing to do And my native tongue is Ukrai

• I wanted to refill his glass as a friendly gesture. Oops!

• I just have finished the first Episode, and this was one of the hardest decisions in my Point of view because i also thought it means something like "toast him" luckily i decided to say that i already know the Story he was telling.

This discussion has been closed.