Glass Him

2»

Comments

• Huh. The gif was on the front page of Reddit:
    Alt text

• I wasn't quite sure either. I have thought about smashing it on him OR getting him a drink. English isn't my native language but since I've found both options possible I choosed NOT to "glass him" just to be sure.

• I'm French and when I first read it, I thought it was an english expression for buying someone a drink...
    No need to say, I immediately regretted choosing this option.
    I immediately skipped to the main menu and went back to the last checkpoint.

• I thought it was kind of obvious but i guess not for everybody. Had a good laugh when nova chose that option.
    Glass him. Does that mean give him a drink? i don't want to hit hi... /facepalm LoL

• edited October 2013

I thought he smashed him with Woody's Drink, but there were several glasses sitting there on the bar... Anyone remember the fight later with Grindle, when you reach for the Stein and Holly grabs it from you? Totally thought she was going to "Glass" Bigby right there, but didn't. Wonder why?

Hbh128 posted: »

He...did not. He ordered a drink, but didn't get it. Good point. That also crossed my mind when I saw that option. EDIT: Which is really too bad. I mean, if you really wanna be a badass, you gotta use your own glass. :P

• I have no idea why anyone would give you a thumbs down. I think you made all accurate and intelligent statements. That is also exactly what I thought when I saw the option. I am also surprised by the amount of people who misinterpreted the phrasing.

I'm honest, guys, I am shocked by the amount of people who thought that "glass him" was a positive thing to do And my native tongue is Ukrai

• edited October 2013

You are right, there is a couple of drinks, a matchbook also a stool next to Woody as if someone else was with him. The only smokers-drinker that I can associate with at least in the first episode are Faith, Bufkin, Crane and Colin. I'm not sure about Lawrence, Dum or Beauty-Beast. Holy's sister came to mind too and her disappearance could be a matter of investigation.

DorkPangs posted: »

I thought he smashed him with Woody's Drink, but there were several glasses sitting there on the bar... Anyone remember the fight later with G

• edited October 2013

I thought the option was a bit out of nowhere, but I had guessed that it implied hitting him. My friend chose it thinking to give the guy a drink though.

He gave it to him alright.

• Hahaha, the very fact this thread exists.

I too fell for it, thinking it meant to "clink glasses"
    Seems stupidly obvious now. (That damn timer)

I was stunned, but the outcome was hilarious.

Hope Telltale incorporates a dialogue to "jokingly apologize" for the "incident" in the future with the Woodsman

• I knew it probably meant hit him with a glass. I know this story is the best option you can choose in my opinion.

• I honestly never thought that was even a possibility until now... Then again, I went the confusing route, where he talked about robbing little red riding hood, while I thought he was talking about robbing faith...

• well at least i know i wasn't the only one who thought it meant tap his glass in agreement. XD when that happened i was just all "what the hell!!!" all freaking out and what not about possibly losing the progress i had made with him. now i'm just laughing about it.

• Luckily, I was in detective mode, and was just focused on getting answers rather than raising a glass in his honor, so I didn't fall into the trap

• It was pretty obvious that "Glass Him" meant hit him with a glass. I dunno how that was confusing, even if you have never heard the slang before.

• Uhm, I never had any doubt on what "glass him" meant. I actually find it weird that someone (well, lots apparently) didn't get what was about to happen.

• I was so mad when I realized what I done. I wanted to toast him :( I'll let this pass, next time I'll restart correctly if TTG gives another ambiguous/odd option

• I thought glassing him met giving him a glass then a drink I personally do not believe it was the woodsman I was trying to be atleast mutual when he said I don't want to fight with u anymore so when that happened I was like so much for that it should of said hit him with glass or something.

• I also knew that it was to smash the glass into his head. I still picked it though, lol.

RoboSheriff posted: »

I know some people who thought that as well, personally i was aware that it was smash the glass into the guys head.

• Yeah, I expected a toast coming off of us being tired of fighting each other when you could "glass" him. So when I tried it and smashed his face in I had a "dang it, have to restart that." moment.

• When has "glass him" ever meant giving a toast? I thought it was pretty obvious that "glass him" meant take the glass to him, as in smashing it in his face.

What if it said "knife him"? Would you then have thought that it meant take a knife and make him a sandwich?

How about "club him?" *Oh, that must mean "go clubbing" and dancing around to disco music. *

• Ive never heard the phrase "glass him" before either so I can understand why people were confused.

Sejborg posted: »

When has "glass him" ever meant giving a toast? I thought it was pretty obvious that "glass him" meant take the glass to him, as in smashing i

• I was unsure what they meant by glass him. I was thinking I was going to either poor the woodsman a drink (kind of wanted to we were being adults about the situation.) or clunk him on the head with a shot glass (which ended up making more sense since I was being an asshole in my run.)

• I thought glass him meant through our drink all over his face. Such a bitchy attitude for Bigby to take.

• I don't understand how people would mistake it for 'a toast'. I thought it was a common saying and im not even from an english speaking country...
    Why would they even toast??

• edited November 2013

It's not a common saying where I come from. I've never heard that phrase, and I used to work in a bar. I think more than anything I was confused when I saw it. I remember wondering exactly what it meant, and the decision time was too short for me to think on it. So somehow when crunched for time, I figured that it was probably a not so bad action like getting him a drink. Lol. Looking back on it, I should have known otherwise. I did think that toasting or buying a drink seemed out of place, but I also hadn't ever heard anyone use that expression to mean hitting someone in the face with a glass either. So, I just picked one since my time was about to run out. Maybe I was curious, I don't know. I remember rolling my eyes and just going "Ohhhhh, that's what it means." :)

Westduo posted: »

I don't understand how people would mistake it for 'a toast'. I thought it was a common saying and im not even from an english speaking country... Why would they even toast??

• Good point on 'knife him' and glass him' another good one would be 'hit him'.

I'm honest, guys, I am shocked by the amount of people who thought that "glass him" was a positive thing to do And my native tongue is Ukrai

• edited November 2013

Actually "hit him" is not a good example. The phrase used here is "[noun] him" which means "put/smash [noun] on him"

Whereas "hit him" is just a phrase using a verb similar to "hug him". So that doesn't make the point.

LukaszB posted: »

Good point on 'knife him' and glass him' another good one would be 'hit him'.

• Theres a telltale TWAU tumblr confession thats been making my day
    Alt text

• ´´Please dont do that again telltale´´
    A Couple of years later TWD A New frontier comes out:
    ´´Tell him off´´

Wolf-XIII posted: »

Same here. Please don't do that again, telltale.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

This thread is over three years old, please check the date of the thread before bumping old topics.

UrbanRodrik posted: »

´´Please dont do that again telltale´´ A Couple of years later TWD A New frontier comes out: ´´Tell him off´´

This discussion has been closed.