Sam & Max Season 2 Disc order?

2»

Comments

• edited July 2008
    Yeah, right. You're just saying that so we go and buy the damn thing.
    that's right, they're tricking us into paying these enormous sums for that free bonus disc...it's good i've been saving the whole last year so i can afford that thing.;)
  • edited July 2008
    Hi.

I only have a credit card and a paypal account for a few days so I wasn't able to buy Sam & Max episodes previously. Now that I can, I have an important question to ask.

I intent to buy the season 1 bundle (episodes + disc + animated series + comic book), the season 2 and a flaming Max hat. Now I am from Belgium so I would assume that shipping costs could be pretty big. I go to the United States very soon (from July 17th to August 1st) and would like to know if there is even the slightest possibility for the season 2 disc to be on the telltale shop before that (so that I can order it and it arrives at destination during my stay).

Regards,
    Sebastien
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    The Season Two disc will probably be added to the store during that timeframe as a preorder, but it's fairly unlikely it'll ship out and arrive where you are before August 1. Sorry.
  • edited July 2008
    Emily wrote: »
    The Season Two disc will probably be added to the store during that timeframe as a preorder, but it's fairly unlikely it'll ship out and arrive where you are before August 1. Sorry.

So around July-August I can expect to be able to preorder the game at my local webstore in this case Discshop in Sweden?. :)
  • edited July 2008
    Probably not. Emily's talking about the DVD that Telltale is making for their Season 2 subscribers (people who have bought it/buy it online at this website).

The details for any commercial package release of Season 2 (US, Europe or elsewhere) have not been announced yet.
    edited July 2008
    Correct, I was just talking about the English Season Two DVD that we will offer on our site (and that current Season Two customers can get for free plus shipping).
  • edited July 2008
    okey....
  • edited July 2008
    Do you have a guesstimate of how much longer the retail version will be till it hits stores?
  • edited July 2008
    We don't have any news of a retail release right now. If you want a disc, ours is the best bet for the moment.
  • edited July 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    We don't have any news of a retail release right now.
    Is it safe to assume that the Wii Retail of Season 1 probably had something to do with it? As far as your relationships with The Adventure Company and who ever else helps you distributes into the retail market goes.
    edited July 2008
    Nah, not really. We're just approaching the disc release a little differently this time.

I found out yesterday that we're on track to get our discs by Comic-Con, so that's good! It might take a little longer for the discs to start shipping from our store, but we're probably going to have them up for preorder real soon now. :)
  • edited July 2008
    Zeek wrote: »
    Is it safe to assume that the Wii Retail of Season 1 probably had something to do with it? As far as your relationships with The Adventure Company and who ever else helps you distributes into the retail market goes.

Can that be the reason for a worldwide retail release of Season 2? :(
  • edited July 2008
    I would like that disc too again. It was somehow fun watching the cover of the first one, even more if i compared it to covers from some other games i have standing right next to it. Oh well maybe i should sort them...
  • edited July 2008
    I'm just dying to see the cover art. That'll hold me over for a few weeks.
  • edited July 2008
    I've just ordered my copy. What i don't understand: 10$ for shipping a DVD to germany seems to be a little bit expensive - don't you think?
    Anyway i'm looking forward to get my DVD and watching all those special features. I hope the cover spine will fit with the one from season one :)
  • edited July 2008
    MarkoH01 wrote: »
    I've just ordered my copy. What i don't understand: 10$ for shipping a DVD to germany seems to be a little bit expensive - don't you think?
    No, that sounds about right. I had to pay $16 to import hardcopy CDs from Japan to USA last week.
  • edited July 2008
    Anyway i'm looking forward to get my DVD and watching all those special features. I hope the cover spine will fit with the one from season one :)

It does :)
  • edited July 2008
    What i don't understand: 10$ for shipping a DVD to germany seems to be a little bit expensive - don't you think?
    well actually, thanks to the current exchange rates, it's not that bad. your 10$ are roughly 6,50€ and that's less than a standard national package (not small package, that's 3,90) in germany.;)
  • edited July 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    It does :)

Wonderful - then my dream of "Sam + Max Season 1-10" standing together in my shelf will come true :)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.