Release date discussion!

Comments

• edited July 2008
    (not quoting long post to save space)

True, delays in general are (at least in theory) good. However, there is an point where it becomes excessive. I think 6 months for a game like this could be considered excessive, since that would mean #1 would come out after the last one was originally supposed to come out (assuming a 1-month break between each episode). However, one month (which may or may not be a full month), is certainly understandable, especially considering we've only known about the game's existence for a month or two.

That also doesn't mean we can't be bummed. I agree that people who say "I want it now! You shouldn't have delayed it!" are being impatient, but I think it's alright to say "I wish I was playing it now." I definitely wish I could be playing in the next couple weeks, but I'm not gonna complain to Telltale about it.

Although I think we can all agree that if Episode 1 gets delayed as much as Zelda: Twilight Princess (a year and a half), we have a good reason to riot.
    twilight prinsess wusnt delayed ayear and a half it came out on time it wuz ssbb that wuz delayed 4 6 months wilightprinses wuz 1 of the 1st wii games
  • edited July 2008
    Yeah this thread isn't really going anywhere. When Telltale want to, they will announce the release date on their blog.
  • edited July 2008
    ok im gunna buy it but im still mad at tell tale *wags finger at the employies* ok now thats all taken care of time to head 2 wilipedia..... augest, TELL TALE U LIARS U SAID JULY
  • edited July 2008
    twilight prinsess wusnt delayed ayear and a half it came out on time it wuz ssbb that wuz delayed 4 6 months wilightprinses wuz 1 of the 1st wii games

dammit!spell correctly!
  • edited July 2008
    and yes i do trust wikipedia alot cept 4 the super outragious things and guess wut common sense media dotcom rated homestar 15 up 4 and i quote "potty language" hahahahahahahahhahaha.... im not mad at telltale anymore uz i realized how long it can take
  • edited July 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    telltale's decision to postpone their initial release of the game for one month was absolutely right. if you notice the product is not to your full satisfaction, it is better to fix the remaining issue and anger a few people, than to release it unfinished.

Agreed... and this is why Telltale's online distribution model works so well for the company. If they had to meet a publisher's needs for an in-store release date, there would be the potential of releasing an unpolished product. As it currently stands, Telltale makes sure they have enough time to guarantee a high level of polish on the released product. I appreciate it, TTG.

Although to tide us over, how about a new screenshot... preferably one with Marzipan, hair blowing gently in the wind of a category 4 hurricane whilst the water level slowly rises above the hem of her dress...
  • edited July 2008
    bigdondoo wrote: »
    Decemberween! I mean, hallow... wait what Holiday ARE you talking about.

Blockhead cartoons = Ghostmas. www.theswain.com Go to cartoons and look for Blockhead episode 5.
  • edited July 2008

I don't speak internet very well.Oh, I'm sorry, (ahem)i dnt spk intrnt vry wl
  • edited July 2008
    Actually, it's:

omg lol i dnt speek internetz verreh wel lawl

God, I hate saying "lawl".

EDIT: And Super Smash Bros Brawl can go die.
  • edited July 2008
    Tandy 400 wrote: »
    Actually, it's:

omg lol i dnt speek internetz verreh wel lawl

God, I hate saying "lawl".

I like Super Smash Brothers.
  • edited July 2008

*Grabs a shotgun and several time bombs*
  • edited July 2008
    well it is pretty likly that sbcg4ap will be realesed on the first monday in augest
  • edited July 2008
    yes it does, usually that means the next Episodes will be released earlier :)
  • edited July 2008
    homoon wrote: »
    well it is pretty likly that sbcg4ap will be realesed on the first monday in augest

Well, I think it's more "lick-lee" to be "real-es-ed" later. You're the "aug-est" person I know! :rolleyes:

Augest - more aug then something that is auger. :rolleyes:
  • edited July 2008
    Couldn't agree with you more. Why are we discussing the release date, when what we're all just saying is "OMG the game isn't out yet! When's it coming Telltale!" Just (censored) off fanboys.
  • edited July 2008
    xChri5x wrote: »
    But this game is rated T for Teen. Uh Oh!

lol i agree shoot with how long its been delayed they ought to have realistic graphics and exploding monsters lol
  • edited July 2008
    Luckily my birthday this week.

i thought it was April 15
  • edited July 2008
    No, I screwed up on the form, and the profile change page won't load for me.
  • edited July 2008
    hey lets talk about whether or not the second SBCG4AP will come out lol
  • edited July 2008
    At the rate Homestar Ruiner is, it probably won't.
  • edited July 2008
    homoon wrote: »
    who thinks we should spam tobacco for closing my thread?:mad:
    Calm down, kid. Seriously.
    Okay, I was just going to play yet another deadpan snarker in all this, but it's getting to the point where we're getting into dangerous territory, so let's back off.
    Look, these forums have become somewhat... well, volatile is the word. Things work a certain way here- you're mostly expected to use correct grammar and spelling (You're 10, right? Look, you're old enough to spell right. At 10, I was making fun of people who couldn't spell on the Internet, so there.) We expect a certain amount of thought and consideration to go into posts. That's all that we really ask for.
    You see, when people run in and start posting random messages about stupid crap and threatening people and breaking out into ironic crying and calling forum regulars who have been here for far, far, far longer than yourself 'n00bs,' we get touchy and we start responding with sarcasm and snark. This is where things get shaky- we've got some pretty bright people here, and there's usually a brilliant line or two somewhere within the jab-fests, so I kind of enjoy them. But this is seriously getting out of hand.
    So, here's the ultimatum: Tandy and co., you back off on the kid. Let's give him a second chance. In return, you, homoon, need to deflate your ego ('Hey guys let's all spam a MOD-' seriously kid, that's not a wise move. PROTIP: The people with the Telltale logos next to their name, they work for Telltale. They command a lot of respect around here.), stop threatening people, just grow up and learn to spell, mmkay?
  • edited July 2008
    i vote that sbcg4ap will be released on august 4th
  • edited July 2008
    To someone at Telltale:

How is the worldwide PC/WiiWare release being handled? The PC version is obviously going to launch worldwide on the same day, but NOE aren't likely to change their fortnightly release schedule to match America. We're going to have to wait five days or more, right?
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    Tellyn wrote: »
    To someone at Telltale:

How is the worldwide PC/WiiWare release being handled? The PC version is obviously going to launch worldwide on the same day, but NOE aren't likely to change their fortnightly release schedule to match America. We're going to have to wait five days or more, right?

Unfortunately, that falls under "we don't know enough yet to safely comment." Hopefully this will all become clear in the very near future!
  • edited July 2008
    Are WiiWare games downloadable off of the PC to bring to the Wii with an SD card or something, because I was thinking some people might have Wiis and no possible broadband/wifi connection and want downloadable Wii games.

I don't have a Wii, I'm just wondering. :P
  • edited July 2008
    Cheers Will, hopefully it's not out in America in the week that we don't get any WiiWare games...
  • edited July 2008
    Are WiiWare games downloadable off of the PC to bring to the Wii with an SD card or something, because I was thinking some people might have Wiis and no possible broadband/wifi connection and want downloadable Wii games.

I don't have a Wii, I'm just wondering. :P

Nah, PC games aren't compatible with the Wii - it can't run or install things on SD cards anyway. There would also be a piracy risk/issue.
  • edited July 2008
    No, I'm saying are you able to download WIIWARE games from a PC to the Wii?
  • edited July 2008
    No, I'm saying are you able to download WIIWARE games from a PC to the Wii?

Nope, not without a highly illegal method of hacking.
  • edited July 2008
    How would that require hacking? You'd pay for it, download it, put it on a card and take it to the Wii.
  • edited July 2008
    What he's saying is that it's not possible right now.
  • edited July 2008
    Alright then. :P
  • edited July 2008
    i want to know something about the download, how long will the download take to download on Wii Ware, cause it only takes like 10 or 20 minutes to download it on the PC
  • edited July 2008
    Downloads don't take that long - it'll be extremely compressed and will expand when you play.
  • edited July 2008
    so it will take long while it's compressing and downloading?
  • edited July 2008
    who thinks it wont come out till september?:confused::confused::confused:
  • edited July 2008
    Blockhead cartoons = Ghostmas. www.theswain.com Go to cartoons and look for Blockhead episode 5.

Actually episode 4, 8 and the ghostmas special.
  • edited July 2008

um i'm sorry but no
  • edited July 2008
    That is unless there is another delay. I vote a release of July 31.

• edited July 2008
    splash1 wrote: »
    so it will take long while it's compressing and downloading?

No, when you download it it's already compressed. It's just a normal download. Since it'll be under 40MB, going by other titles the download won't take long.

No.
This discussion has been closed.