Can we just get a Steam code for season 2?

Comments

• I'm having trouble connecting to the servers... this is really making me mad..

Windwright posted: »

We really should get steam key. For some reason downloading game takes me forever. With steam it would be lot more easier because i can contin

• Download keeps crapping out after very little progress. Every single time. On Firefox, at least. IE's download also doesn't finish, but it does it in a different way.

Same end result - me not being able to play the game I paid for. At least I know to get them on Steam going forward.

• i redeemed my code but i think i fucked up some how and i must have done my email wrong and so now i cant get into it :( i am also in perth and stayed up till 2am for it to be released

ajmlhkm posted: »

Still not fixed. I live in Perth, Australia. Help, seriously

• I wish i could at least download it and play but nope DX

ajmlhkm posted: »

I'm having trouble connecting to the servers... this is really making me mad..

• edited December 2013

wow I am a steam user as well (1,200 games plus 800dlcs) and I am sad that I am not getting a steam key . . . but it is not the company's fault and they don't own us a steam key

• This is a complete rip off... they hide the fact that it wont be a steam game in the fine print, which i didnt even see when i pre ordered it on Gamefly.. NEVER again, a complete waste of money, i loved the series, horrible experience, i just lost my money. or i could just REBUY season one and 400 days again.. thanks for nothing Telltale.

• edited December 2013

They do owe us if their platform doesn't work.

Gintoki101 posted: »

wow I am a steam user as well (1,200 games plus 800dlcs) and I am sad that I am not getting a steam key . . . but it is not the company's fault and they don't own us a steam key

• I agree with the consensus here. It should have been clear that buying the game this way was not going to provide a Steam key. Steam is the standard these days and for those with larger collections, who the heck wants to not have all their games in one place? I can guarantee I will not buy any new telltale games if this is the new standard. Who wants to use Origin, let alone another one-off download mechanism from Telltale. Please do the right thing and provide Steam keys!

• How does Telltale not realize that they aren't making people use their platform? They are making us use Steam from now on!

• edited December 2013

I skipped Dead Space 3 because of Origin. Uplay is awful. And from the sound of it via this support forum, people can't even download Season 2 from Telltale servers, and if they can, they can't authenticate w/ the DRM.

I'm continually refreshing this forum in hopes that Telltale will change their tact. I wish there was some way to be more persuasive, but I just don't know what else to do.

InfntytX2 posted: »

I agree with the consensus here. It should have been clear that buying the game this way was not going to provide a Steam key. Steam is the

• I'm as pissed as the rest of you about not being able to access my game, however I want to point out that providing a Steam Key has NEVER been Telltale's norm. It just started with The Wolf Among Us (and I was shocked to receive it). I've bought every telltale season as it's happened and this has never been the practice. Their norm had always been to provide a free DVD at the end of the season. Then again, their norm has never been to have their games unplayable on launch day. . .

• edited December 2013

I believe most of the people who are upset purchased Walking Dead from other outlets (like Green Man Gaming and Gamefly), where the norm has historically been to receive Steam keys.

This is the boat I'm in. I pre-ordered Season 2 from GMG without reading the fine print about getting a TTG key and not a Steam key. I didn't realize this until Monday night when the key was emailed to me. At that point GMG stated that they would not refund me, and TTG stated that they would not trade my TTG key for a Steam key (despite it not costing them anything to get a Steam key).

At this point, I have not activated my TTG key and thus have not played the game. This is somewhat upsetting since I really want to play the game, but want to play it on Steam where...

1) there won't be any download problems
    2) there won't be any authentication problems
    3) there won't be any save game import problems (no need to move files or modify registry keys)
    4) i can make use of cloud saves
    5) my achievement progress will be tracked same as Season 1
    6) i'll be able to take screenshots and upload them to the steam community hub
    7) i'll have a chance at trading cards, should they decide to create them
    8) I trust Valve to let me download the game again well into the future, should I want to play it again
    9) i'll basically be advertising The Walking Dead to my ~50 Steam friends while I'm playing it, and it'll be all over my activity feed

There are probably some other things I'm forgetting as well.

EMAN528 posted: »

I'm as pissed as the rest of you about not being able to access my game, however I want to point out that providing a Steam Key has NEVER been

• I was able to install it, but it just doesn't start.

langdonx posted: »

I skipped Dead Space 3 because of Origin. Uplay is awful. And from the sound of it via this support forum, people can't even download Season

• Yes, buying from an outlet that used to provide keys that suddenly did not would bother me as well. Then again, I would ask why you wouldn't just buy it directly from Steam if you wanted to be sure it was on Steam? I believe the game was the same price in all outlets. I prefer Steam too but have always bought directly from Telltale in order to support the company and get the free DVD's. That said, as the company becomes larger and less service oriented, I want to support them less and less. If only they didn't make exactly the kinds of games I enjoy.

langdonx posted: »

I believe most of the people who are upset purchased Walking Dead from other outlets (like Green Man Gaming and Gamefly), where the norm has h

• It wasn't the same price. Using vouchers in GMG got you up to 35% discount.

Yes, buying from an outlet that used to provide keys that suddenly did not would bother me as well. Then again, I would ask why you wouldn't

• Well, hopefully they'll buckle from the pressure and provide Steam keys if this keeps up much longer. They're trying to minimize it by making everyone feel like they're the exception and most everyone is able to play, but there appear to be a ton of people here who would say otherwise.

MonkeyDot posted: »

It wasn't the same price. Using vouchers in GMG got you up to 35% discount.

• edited December 2013

• edited December 2013

• This is a big problem for me.

I just wanted to use Steam Family Sharing, so my girlfriend and I could play... Now I need to buy another copy on Steam, making this copy completely worthless...

• edited December 2013

You actually get a bunch of activations per game, so you can easily install in on her computer once it's actually working.

Gaulent posted: »

This is a big problem for me. I just wanted to use Steam Family Sharing, so my girlfriend and I could play... Now I need to buy another copy on Steam, making this copy completely worthless...

• I can't, I installed the game, but when I open it I get "...has stopped working"

Well, hopefully they'll buckle from the pressure and provide Steam keys if this keeps up much longer. They're trying to minimize it by making

• It cannot possibly come as a surprise to you that these issues with your servers exists - I experienced exactly this at every new episode release from last season, and you were quite quick to hand out Steam keys to any one who owned the game through your website back then. So why not this time? And how is it possible to be so completely caught off guard every single time you release an episode of this game? You have had plenty of time to figure out a way to scale your servers to match the huge demand that obviously exists for your games, since you released the first episode of last season more than a year ago.
    The main problem here is that when you tell everyone that the game is out, and then put up a big red sign when they are just about to start it up saying that they can’t play (syke!), people will get disappointed. Better to spend another week tweaking the load balancing of your servers to make sure that everyone who preordered will actually be able to play the game when you say they can. So please. Spend some time and money to improve the experience around your releases, or the disappointment will soon turn into fans turning their backs on you. Or at least finding different channels of acquiring your products, which I guess will result in less money to Telltale and more to the middle hand.

We currently are not giving steam codes to customers that purchase through our website. I apologize for the inconvenience. We are currently looking into the server connection issue.

• edited December 2013

I bought here to get the special stuff and such but I really wish I could get a steam key to get my achievements and not having to wait until the problems are fixed. I downloaded and installed the game yesterday but was only able to play without having a headache today. What isn't nice since I bought the pre-order.

• Really, it wouldn't hurt giving us steam keys. We already payed for the game. You did a great job with the game by the way, but please, no more problems is all that we ask as costumers

• edited December 2013

Okay, I cleaned out my registry and even deleted the previous walking dead game on steam and did a clean install. Nothing still is working for me and this is day two.

Also, I contacted them but I have yet to get a response. I will not be buying from them again, I would prefer steam, although it is more expensive, at least I know it will work.

Anyone else having luck?

(It would be nice to get a steam key but I understand the legal issues).

• There are no legal issues. They've done it plenty of times before. They refuse to do it now even though the game is just as broken as previous ones. But apparently we are all wrong and the issue has been "resolved".

martintam posted: »

Okay, I cleaned out my registry and even deleted the previous walking dead game on steam and did a clean install. Nothing still is working for

• I wish we would get steam keys, i hope telltale reads this thread and takes a hint from there customers

• when i bought it on this site i was expecting to get a steam key.....
    id really like to exchange my code for a steam key.

• yea….. they pretty much given us the "maybe if we ignore them long enough they'll forget" tactic.

• I have not heard from their support since two days before release. Total blackout.

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

If you can send me a personal message with your Ticket ID number, and the email associated with your account, we can try to assist you as soon as possible. I apologize for the delay. (To send a personal message, click on a Username, and click on 'Private Discussion' on the left hand side.)

icedMetal posted: »

I have not heard from their support since two days before release. Total blackout.

• yeah steam key hock me up, i been waiting to play. if not can we get if they make a DLC for free or a free game????

• The Servers going for me , im from Germany (Dont know if you use same servers?!) , i played first 10 mins its nice, but after a restart all was again Servers down... :o

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

Can you play again if you disconnect from the internet?

xKawo posted: »

The Servers going for me , im from Germany (Dont know if you use same servers?!) , i played first 10 mins its nice, but after a restart all was again Servers down...

• Nope , i cant :(

DjNDB posted: »

Can you play again if you disconnect from the internet?

• that sucks

Nope , i cant

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited December 2013

Does anything change if you delete the prefs.prop from
    %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead Season Two
    And then try playing online and offline again?

Important Note: This is only for TWD S2. In TWD S1 the prefs.prop is tied to the savegames and deleting it would break the savegames.

Nope , i cant

• edited December 2013

ACK! I bought this from greemmangaming thinking it was a steam code... And on top of that, it was supposed to be a birthday gift for someone >.< Didn't even bother gifting it.

• edited December 2013

aeoiu

mastaninja posted: »

ACK! I bought this from greemmangaming thinking it was a steam code... And on top of that, it was supposed to be a birthday gift for someone >.< Didn't even bother gifting it.

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

The first episode is the only one available, as The Walking Dead is on an Episodic development schedule. As stated on our Blog here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/walkingdead/#faq

"There are five episodes in each season. Episodes are usually available to download between 4 and 6 weeks apart."

This discussion has been closed.