Can we just get a Steam code for season 2?

13»

Comments

• +1 for giving steam keys.

• Nope it change nothing , i want the Steam key! Why all sucks?

DjNDB posted: »

Does anything change if you delete the prefs.prop from %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead Season Two And then try playi

• Is it possible for me to reverse the charge on my debit card as I bought it from GreenmanGaming? I'd rather rebuy it on Steam even though I have to pay more than having to download and play it on telltale's service :/

• Also +1 for steam. Why? Because one unified platform for getting all games in one place is IMHO better than having many different ones and start thinking where I should go to run specific title. But I prefer to buy directly from developer to support as much as I can good work, but this would be nice if we could get steam keys for TWD season 2.

• +1 for a Steam Key.

I will never buy a game direct from TellTale again.

• this is bs i payed to play and i cant "the connection issues have been fixed" come on this is dumb had the problem last season with ever new episode

• Seeing what the customers want & implementing it is what keeps customers coming back, turn your back on customers without a reason and they won't come back the next time a release comes around. It's clear to everyone here, including TellTale staff that the people want steam keys because that's what they are accustomed to and that's what they enjoy. A single place where they have all their games. Fulfill our wishes and we will stay loyal, otherwise you're going to have a whole lot of angry customers and that's the truth. I have sent the TellTale staff members on here my ticket number & my code, I hope to see a steam key soon or we might have a problem.

• After emailing support and posting comments and not getting any reply I'm never buying form telltale again. I can't use the right analog stick on my 360 pad on my mac. One person gets a bogus we don't support controller reply. Yet the game clearly shows overlays for a 360 controller. Yet the gae clearly shows a control layout for a 360 controller. I'm so pissed because I really liked what this company did with the walking dead season 1 and 400 days. A non steroetypical white male dominated cast and an amazing story but this is just unacceptable. I don't need a steam key what I need is for this game to be playable with my 360 controller

• Agreed.

boobsnbacon posted: »

After emailing support and posting comments and not getting any reply I'm never buying form telltale again. I can't use the right analog stick

• edited December 2013

Well i just checked my email and got this response(I apologize for the delayed response. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide a Steam key for purchases made through third party websites. Currently, the only distributor of the Steam version of The Walking Dead: Season 2 is Steam. I apologize I couldn’t assist you with your request.
    Thank you,
    Evan) As a person that genuinely owns every telltale game ever made on steam multiple copies of TWD on pc,ps3,xbox360 same with the wolfe among us! im sorry to say with all of the issues that have been had with the servers and login problems i have been reading about. Not to mention that it took about 5 days to get a response from customer service, My days of playing or supporting telltale are over and my key will go unused! I know it seems extreme but to completely disregard your customer base is unfathomable! As i love the story and put multiple play through for each game i stand on the ground that you speak your mind with your money and maybe the next telltale in line will learn from the currents mistake of alienation and customer disregard!
    My first and only post as i did not want to pile on with the complaints.

Thanks for the memory's telltail you will be missed in my library of games

• Posting this in a couple threads in case it helps someone:

I found a solution. Run Regedit (type into the start menu). Then navigate to hkey_current_user --> software --> Telltale Games. You should see a folder called launcher. Delete that entire folder, then restart the game.

• I've recently realized that and have edited my post. This whole Steam key thing is particularly odd. How did so many people fail to recognize the DRM for this game when purchasing? I was in a rush myself and didn't pay careful attention, but I would like to think I'd typically notice something like this, especially since this is the first time I've made this mistake. This whole ordeal had me abandon GMG for good, since their customer support service was poor. It would be nice to feel heard by support and have all issues addressed, regardless of the customer being wrong.

The first episode is the only one available, as The Walking Dead is on an Episodic development schedule. As stated on our Blog here: http:/

• I don't think this is extreme at all. I stopped buying all EA games because of what happened with ME3 and its day one dlc and Simcity. I'm kind of feeling the same way about these guys right now. In a capitalist society the best way to vote is with your dollar

Well i just checked my email and got this response(I apologize for the delayed response. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide a Steam key f

• Telltale is taking on WAY too many projects for such a small company and I think it's showing. The Wolf Among Us isn't selling like gangbusters and they're pretty much ignoring it at this point. Now they have the Game of Thrones AND Borderlands series to do on top of The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us.

I don't even mind waiting till it gets fixed, I just want a mod to say "yeah it's pretty messed up now, we're working on it. Our bad. No idea when it will be fixed." Just be straight about it and I'll be cool. Mistakes happening, it's life. You people getting super angry about a game not working are really blowing this out of proportion. Life isn't perfect, deal with it.

• I don't think being angry about a game you paid money for is blowing something out of proportion. Especially in a market where its based on the exchange of money for goods and services. I guess everything you buy if it isn't as advertised is not a big deal. Sure maybe they are taking on way too many products but thats not my problem. Thats yours as the producer of the product I'm buying or I just won't buy anything anymore

WhiteRaven posted: »

Telltale is taking on WAY too many projects for such a small company and I think it's showing. The Wolf Among Us isn't selling like gangbuster

• Just bought from GMG and wasn't able to get a refund. I would love to get a steam key and add a few dollars here or whatever because I'm not going to use a new client for games once again. I want my games on steam, I would be fine with it if you did like Uplay and make the client go through steam somehow but not like this. I want a STEAM key.

• Funny thing, it's not even a client, you just download the game, log in and that's it.

garfe posted: »

Just bought from GMG and wasn't able to get a refund. I would love to get a steam key and add a few dollars here or whatever because I'm not g

• Alright I just got out of my ban for posting "private" conversations (replies that were even used in this thread), and in the meantime I could play TWD Season 2. I've got to say that when it works, it works, I just got in and logged in and played, but that was 5 days after I bought it and after formatting my PC. I have to say that even though it worked, I would still have prefered Steam, having auto-updating is needed for an episodic game.

• How do I get a refund? I just downloaded this game with a redeem code from Amazon pre-order, and it has this login error. I need to be able to play the game immediately. Please give me a refund or a substitute (people mention Steam) or I will ask my credit card company to reverse the charges. If I can't play the game despite paying for it, it is considered theft. Thanks.

The server connection issues have been fixed. Please try to log in again, and you should be able to get into the game. LukeB: If you are ha

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I apologize for the inconvenience you are experiencing. Please try logging in again alternating between your username and your email address. If you still encounter a Login Error, this may indicate an issue with your login information in your registry. To correct this, please open a command window (Below are instructions on how to open a command window).

Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "cmd" and press enter
    Windows Vista / 7: Press the Windows key. Type in "cmd" and press enter
    Windows 8: At the start screen, type in "cmd" and press enter

Then copy the command line below and paste it into the command window, press enter, and confirm the question (to confirm the question, type “y” and press enter):

REG DELETE "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Telltale Games\Launcher

(Please make sure when you copy the above text that you do not copy a space before or after the text, as that will produce an error message)

Also please make sure your password ONLY contains a-z, A-Z, and 0-9 and no other characters. If you have an " or \ or any non-ASCII characters in your password, please login to your account on our website and change your password.

Also, please make sure you are using the correct username/email and password. You can verify this information by logging into your account on our website. Please also note that your login credentials are case sensitive.

If you are still encountering an error message after trying these suggestions, please reply and specify the exact error message you see.

If after trying the above suggestions, the game doesn't work, or you would still like to inquire about a refund, please contact the retailer that you purchased the game from.

drpeterchjr posted: »

How do I get a refund? I just downloaded this game with a redeem code from Amazon pre-order, and it has this login error. I need to be able

• edited December 2013

I managed to get in, user error in my case, was trying to login with my email rather than my username, doh, sorry for me previous rant (now redacted)

• edited December 2013

so wait...they lied to me?

I first bought it off GMG and when I realised it wasn't a steam key, got it refunded.
    But based on the reply i got from Telltale, I went ahead and bought it again....so now I'm stuck with no steam key?

Well i just checked my email and got this response(I apologize for the delayed response. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide a Steam key f

• I have found a solution to the login error. I disabled my firewall and was able to play the game. So try disabling your firewall or adding WalkingDead2.exe to your firewall exception list and that should do the trick. I hope this helps. Please give thumbs up or reply if this works for you so others will know.

• I AGREE GETTING CONSUMERS MONEY AND CREDIT CARD INFORMATION AND TELLING THEM A RELEASE DATE OF DECEMBER 31 2013 MIDNIGHT SEASON 2 SERIES OF GAME WILL BE AVAILABLE AND NOT DOES NOT LOOK GOOD AND RESPONSIBLE FOR TELLTALE COMPANY, YOU WERE ON A GOOD ROLL UNTIL THIS HAPPEN I UNDERSTAND THINGS HAPPEN BUT, BUT YOU GUYZ HAVE YET TO ANNOUNCE ANYTHING IF YOU DO NOT WANT A LAW SUIT I SUGGEST YOU GUYS ANSWER MY EMAIL OR PHONE MESSAGE, IT'S ABOUT THE MONEY AND CREDIT INFORMATION MORE THAN THE GAME I AS A CONSUMER DO NOT TRUST COMPANIES THAT ARE NOT COMMUNICATING WITH THERE CUSTOMERS. THANK YOU

vandigeth posted: »

I want a Steam key too. This is completely ridiculous. I'm writing a letter to the BBB about this poor, poor effort at customer service.

• Why yours game didn't search in proper location for saved data? Why users must play with it with their hands? Is that was so hard to check both locations for saved games? Who as who, but TTG knows where savegames are stored. This really looks unproffesional when people need to fix themselves programmers bugs. :-(

The server connection issues have been fixed. Please try to log in again, and you should be able to get into the game. LukeB: If you are ha

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

We are working hard through each and every customer support issue, we unfortunately do not provide customer support over the phone, as stated on our phone message that you receive when calling. Due to the release of The Walking Dead: Season Two, we are a little backed up on customer support emails. We are getting to everyone that has sent us an email, and when we get to yours we will respond and hopefully be able to have a solution to your problem. I apologize for any inconvenience this causes you.

I AGREE GETTING CONSUMERS MONEY AND CREDIT CARD INFORMATION AND TELLING THEM A RELEASE DATE OF DECEMBER 31 2013 MIDNIGHT SEASON 2 SERIES OF GA

This discussion has been closed.