Looky what I made!

edited August 2008 in Sam & Max
I have decided to make a Sam and Max Halloween costume, and I have been working on it all summer. In fact, I've finished.
I will be Sam (I have made a mask and have bought a suit from a thrift store), and I made Max (who I will carry around).

Here's Max:
mymaxax0.jpg

I hope you don't mind me telling you. I just thought I'd share since everyone on this forum would probably be interested. ;)

Comments

• edited July 2008
    That's a nice looking Max! Awesome job!
  • edited July 2008
    thanks! and maybe i'll post Sam...that is once I get a pin for my tie and decide to get all dressed up. haha
  • edited July 2008
    I tried making my own masked wrestler costume last halloween just so I could say "Nachooooooo!!!!! (...cheese flavored Doritos are delicious!)" really loudly. It turned out to be pretty bad. My history teacher thought I was Strongbad from Home Star Runner though lol. At least the Halloween before last I was a counter-terrorist and everyone loved my costume. Its a good thing I have a whole bunch of airsoft gear :o This is why I'm just going to be the Joker for halloween (Heath Ledger version, of course) because i'm better with paint than with stitching. And its cheap. Go play in traffic now
  • edited July 2008
    That is awesome! I really have the urge to try my hand at a plush Max now, after your's and Sybil's.
  • edited July 2008
    I'm still dying to see what Sam looks like! Judging by what you've done with Max, it must really good and/or time consuming to make :p
  • edited July 2008
    thanks a lot everyone!

yeah the mask did turn out really well.
    I'll post it this weekend (since i think i'm going to buy the pin then...and the jacket will be back from the cleaners probably)
    i'm glad that you want to see it. i had so much fun making it, and people made fun of me the whole time. lol
  • edited July 2008
    yeah i had some pretty unrecognizable costumes before. that's why i put a lot of effort into it this year.

my most unrecognizable one would probably have to be the rocker.
    I've also been a clown (with a friend of mine and another friend didn't want to join so she was the gangster that hated clowns...) and a gypsy/fortune teller
    and the more recognizable pirate and dalmation
    yes. i enjoy making my own costumes.
  • ladognome wrote: »
    yeah i had some pretty unrecognizable costumes before. that's why i put a lot of effort into it this year.

my most unrecognizable one would probably have to be the rocker.
    I've also been a clown (with a friend of mine and another friend didn't want to join so she was the gangster that hated clowns...) and a gypsy/fortune teller
    and the more recognizable pirate and dalmation
    yes. i enjoy making my own costumes.
    C'mon, post your Sam Costume! Which reminds me, I must get to work on my Shambling Corporate Presence costume... and Halloween hasn't even gotten close, yet!
  • edited July 2008
    You should enter that into this year's Telltale Halloween competition (if they have one)!
  • edited July 2008
    i will as soon as i can. ;)

yeah you should get working! it's fun when people get worried when it gets closer and you already have yours made. this will be a first for me.

do they normally have a Halloween contest? if they do, I'd love to submit! :D
  • edited July 2008
    This post made the You ♥ The Internet page on the Blogs & Comics.
  • edited July 2008
    what does that mean?
  • edited July 2008
    When you click on the Blogs & Comics, there's a little space that has cool stuff from around the internet.

TTBlog.jpg

And since I forgot to say last time, that's a cool looking Max.
  • edited July 2008
    shweet! thanks for telling me! I'm "famous".

why does everyone think i'm a guy? maybe it's the fact that I'm technically cross-dressing as Sam. lol
  • edited July 2008
    The final costume:

samzm3.jpg

Close up:

sammaskcopy2ed0.jpg
  • edited July 2008
    ladognome wrote: »
    shweet! thanks for telling me! I'm "famous".

why does everyone think i'm a guy? maybe it's the fact that I'm technically cross-dressing as Sam. lol

I think we assume everyone on the internet is a guy until proven otherwise, sorry about that. At least no-one (so far) has said "thr R no grlz on teh intarwebz!!!11eleventy-one...lol"

Wow, it was hard to see the mask in the full shot (too dark), but the up-close shows how much work you put into it. That is awesome! I am seriously in awe of your talents right now. Thanks for the pics... remember to put up some more pics when you wear the costume out on the town.
  • edited July 2008
    wow that is really good!
  • edited July 2008
    Wow, congratulations! That's an awesome Sam costume! Max is cute. Good job
  • edited July 2008
    Derwin wrote: »
    I think we assume everyone on the internet is a guy until proven otherwise, sorry about that. At least no-one (so far) has said "thr R no grlz on teh intarwebz!!!11eleventy-one...lol"

hehe it's okay. easy mistake to make. there need to be more girl gamers out there foruming.

and thanks everyone!
    sorry that the picture is dark. i just took it and no one's home right now...so i had to use the timer. haha

it was really fun to make, but i'm glad it's over so I can enjoy the finished product.
    although i can breath in the mask, it is EXTREMELY hot to wear. i hope it's a cold Halloween this year! ;)
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    Actually, I assumed you were a girl due to your icon.
  • edited July 2008
    Will wrote: »
    Actually, I assumed you were a girl due to your icon.

i guess, but it's TMBG. (alphabet of lost and found)
  • edited July 2008
    i guess, but it's TMBG. (alphabet of lost and found)
    Yes, but it's pink!
    Pink is the color of feminimity! And gay people! Pink = girl. Everybody knows that.
    [/sarcasm]
  • edited July 2008
    ooo now you're just getting stereotypical. :p

to tell you the truth, both those reasons are why i chose the icon. haha ;)
    (it's TMBG & girly)
  • edited July 2008
    Actually, I think it is a bit more salmon than pink (with maybe a tinge of burnt sienna).
  • edited July 2008
    Yeah kind of a darker salmon like it had been left in the sun and cooked a little.
  • edited July 2008
    *Mouth waters*Sallllllmmmmmmmonnnnnnnnnnnn...
  • edited July 2008
    I could tell you were a girl from the first time i talked with you. Call it intuition. Maybe something about pineapples or your icon. Anyways, I love your sam costume! How did you make the huge tie and the mask?
  • edited July 2008
    You guys are more girly than I am!

Thanks Snocat. The tie's out of foam and the mask is out of Model Magic.
  • edited July 2008
    Are you going to walk around barefoot like sam? lol
  • edited July 2008
    Yeah kind of a darker salmon like it had been left in the sun and cooked a little.

pikn.jpg

Sorry, between red and white = pink
  • edited July 2008
    Apparently some guys got their brains upgraded from the old EGA 16-color mode? I still say that's PINK. How could one possibly need more than 16 colors?
  • edited August 2008
    Snocat wrote: »
    Are you going to walk around barefoot like sam? lol

haha no...but i'm still debating on whether wearing black shoes, brown shoes, or shoes covered in brown cloth.
    i'm already wearing brown gloves...
    MaxFan wrote: »
    Apparently some guys got their brains upgraded from the old EGA 16-color mode? I still say that's PINK. How could one possibly need more than 16 colors?

hey, in photoshop you have in be exact!
    or maybe they're just practicing their emetics.
  • Yes, but it's pink!
    Pink is the color of feminimity! And gay people! Pink = girl. Everybody knows that.
    [/sarcasm]

I like Pink, does that mean I'm gay? Damn.

Anyways, Awesome Costume!
  • edited August 2008
    I like Pink, does that mean I'm gay? Damn.

Anyways, Awesome Costume!

naw, i don't think so. my dad had a pink room when he was little.
    i think the whole gender/color thing is ridiculous.

thanks!
  • edited August 2008
    naw, i don't think so. my dad had a pink room when he was little.
    i think the whole gender/color thing is ridiculous.

thanks!

Yeah, but yellow is not a neutral colour! Come on!
  • edited August 2008
    In advertising, things like a company logo or artwork color can't be off at all. I could after a while identify the color pallet number by sight (except the elusive green shades; I'm colorblind to it).
  • edited August 2008
    Zootch wrote: »
    In advertising, things like a company logo or artwork color can't be off at all. I could after a while identify the color pallet number by sight (except the elusive green shades; I'm colorblind to it).

that's neat. i would never be able to remember all those numbers.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    *Mouth waters*Sallllllmmmmmmmonnnnnnnnnnnnax...

fixed
  • edited August 2008
    Lol i love Salm n' Nax
  • edited August 2008
    Snocat wrote: »
    Lol i love Salm n' Nax

What about Mack Salmon?

Anyway, nice costume! I love the plushie Max. I wish they'd sell those things somewhere.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.