Strong Bad's Eyes Dissapeared?!

2»

Comments

• WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2008
    Hey Dashing, where/when did you have SB freeze up?
  • edited October 2008
    It seemed to be mostly while walking along the "outside", before the battle of the bands.

...You know, the long, green, looping outside. Location of Strong Badia, the Conses5ion Stand, and the Stick.
  • edited October 2008
    Just thought I'd add some "evidence" to the mash-up. Eyes, mouths, and some sound issues for you.
    picture.php?albumid=146&pictureid=766
    So one time in Marzipan's house, her mouth was missing. Only her closed-mouth state though, her open mouth and other expressions were visible. This was before Cool Tapes signed up for the competition.
    picture.php?albumid=146&pictureid=767
    Yeah, SB's missing eyes. Happens to various characters at various times.

So I'm using a notebook with a Geforce 9700M GT. My old notebook with a Geforce 8600M GT also had missing eyes and such (see previous pages).
    Could be any number of causes, but may not be limited to notebook chips or Nvidia chips. I hope not, anyway. It's not as bad on this notebook compared to my old one though, so far.

I've also had missing speech in some segments of the game, but much of the last act on the D.O.I. stage was... speechless. SFX and music were still there still though. Just no voices in some scenes. Could be 64-bit Vista audio bugs, who knows.
    I just hope I'm not-not seeing and/or hearing things. Heh.
  • edited October 2008
    Yep, I saw it again in Botb, only once, right after my anti virus began a sweep.

The more I see this bug, the more I am convinced that it is NOT a DirectX issue, I am now lead to believe that it may be a ram related issue. (I.E. a problem with how the game loads/stores certain texture files in memory)

Somehow the texture files are not being loaded into ram correctly when each area loads, causing them to not display properly. Because I have noticed that when I play with other memory hogging programs in the background, or when I repeatedly right click to skip dialog, it aggravates the bug and makes it appear more frequently.
  • edited October 2008
    Dangerzone wrote: »
    Yep, I saw it again in Botb, only once, right after my anti virus began a sweep.

The more I see this bug, the more I am convinced that it is NOT a DirectX issue, I am now lead to believe that it may be a ram related issue. (I.E. a problem with how the game loads/stores certain texture files in memory)

Somehow the texture files are not being loaded into ram correctly when each area loads, causing them to not display properly. Because I have noticed that when I play with other memory hogging programs in the background, or when I repeatedly right click to skip dialog, it aggravates the bug and makes it appear more frequently.

I think Dangerzone is right. I only started getting this bug in episode 3 with Strong Bad's eyes/Marzipan's mouth, and I've been playing it with other programs minimized in the background (I never usually do this).
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2008
    Hmm, that's definitely good information. I'll pass the word along to Carlo who is looking into this issue. Hopefully it will speed things up a bit.
  • edited October 2008
    And just as an addition, I closed all the programs I had open in the background and re-ran the game, and everything was normal.
  • edited November 2008
    It's me again... keeping this thread alive.

Had the issue once again in episode 4 with Strong Bad, Marzipan, Coach Z, The cheat, Bubs, and even Senor Cardgage's eyes disappearing on my second play through.

P.S. playing scenes out of order, right clicking to skip dialog, and rapidly loading saves/locations definitely aggravates this bug.
  • edited November 2008
    I have the same issue intermittently too. Just noticed it in eps 4
  • edited November 2008
    Same for me, using XP-Pro SP3, latest direct-x version and runing in 1680*1050 on an ATI Radeon 1950X Pro.

It append randomly... in all episodes.
    Seems the eyes are going inside the head of the cracters, and appear suddently, and then go back. But some time it's all fine.

It's not ruining the gameplay, but it's king of... strange :D.
This discussion has been closed.