Minor minor PC bug

I play with subtitles turned off. I noticed that sometimes, when I would check e-mails on the Lappy, the subtitles suddenly turn back on when Strong Bad comments about the e-mail or replies. The option in the settings menu is still set to off, and once I toggle the subtitles on and off again, they go away.

Not a dealbreaker, just bringing it to your attention if it wasn't already.

Comments

• edited August 2008
    It's the same with the Wii version.
  • edited August 2008
    Also saw this as well as a few minor graphics glitches (PC Version, Windows XP). Nothing that stopped the gameplay, mind you - that was perfectly fine throughout the game :)
  • edited August 2008
    i noticed this and I dont really think its much of a glitch unlike the stare into your sole glitch that can give you the jibbilies
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    stare into your sole glitch that can give you the jibbilies

....qua?

As for the subtitles, it is a really weird little engine bug that we knew about before we released the game, but it proves to be rather tenacious. We decided to go ahead and ship with it rather than have the whole season get off track.
  • edited August 2008
    Will wrote: »
    As for the subtitles, it is a really weird little engine bug that we knew about before we released the game, but it proves to be rather tenacious. We decided to go ahead and ship with it rather than have the whole season get off track.

So is there likely to be a fix for these glitches down the line?

BTW It's an absolute pleasure to sit on the sofa and enjoy this game on the TV rather than sullying my laptop booting up Windows!

I can't wait to be able to experience the same with Sam & Max :D

Keep up the great work Telltale!
  • edited August 2008
    I'm running Windows XP in Parallels on OS X - and I'm having issues with most of the text appearing as solid blocks (not as words) in the demo. I'd like to purchase it, but this is makes it hard to play the game.
  • edited August 2008
    eltiare wrote: »
    I'm running Windows XP in Parallels on OS X - and I'm having issues with most of the text appearing as solid blocks (not as words) in the demo. I'd like to purchase it, but this is makes it hard to play the game.

Dual booting is probably better for that sorta thing. Of course, you probably know that. I'm still pissed that I can't use Boot Camp in Tiger anymore :mad: Thankfully, I happen to have a laptop with XP.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.