Season 3: The Same Old?

2»

Comments

• edited November 2008
    Things are gonna be difrent. Don't forget, Sybil and Abe are married now.
  • edited November 2008
    benjamin wrote: »
    Things are gonna be difrent. Don't forget, Sybil and Abe are married now.

And the DeSoto is possed by the demonic forces of Hell.
  • edited November 2008
    Maybe the new season can take place within the same universe as the TV Show, with the Sub-Basement of Solitude, and familiar bad guys like Lactose the Intolerant, Mack Salmon, and Sam & Max's Favorite Nuisance - Lorne, the Friend for Life. And you can get Harvey Atkins to voice Sam. Just keep Max's voice unchanged! Either that, or you can put in Sam & Max Hit the Road as a Bonus Unlockable game for Clearing all the episodes of the season.
  • edited November 2008
    I don't think LucasArts and... Fox, I think? would like that very much.
  • edited November 2008
    Maybe they could give us the source code after season 3 but it would require telltale tool. The telltale tool was seen in CD form in comic con so maybe they could release it for $100. That way the fans could edit and change the season as they like.
  • edited November 2008
    "seen in CD form"?
  • edited November 2008
    Maybe they could give us the source code after season 3 but it would require telltale tool. The telltale tool was seen in CD form in comic con so maybe they could release it for $100. That way the fans could edit and change the season as they like.

Hahaha
  • edited November 2008

no just no, adventure games are not at all useful for mods, go play the elder scrolls, or unreal tournament. if you want to make an adventure game use a different engine, such as the one that out of order used. besides i reckon if the telltale tool was sold, it would cost a lot more than $100. i don't think that would release the source code as it can lead to increased piracy
  • edited November 2008
    I'm gonna eat my hat if it doesn't reference, in any way, shape, quote, or form, SBCG4AP, since 102 contained refernces to Telltale's other downloadable games (Bessy is possibly the same kind of cow from Bone 2, the poker table from TTG poker hidden in the set). As for locations reorginization, I'll bet Bosco ups the ante on the paranoia scale... somehow..., and Sybil will break a fourth wall with one of her jobs.
  • edited November 2008
    Compy 386 wrote: »
    I'm gonna eat my hat if it doesn't reference, in any way, shape, quote, or form, SBCG4AP, since 102 contained refernces to Telltale's other downloadable games (Bessy is possibly the same kind of cow from Bone 2, the poker table from TTG poker hidden in the set).
    You forgot about "The Barrelhaven" prop from when you first walk into the TV studio! :)
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2008
    Compy 386 wrote: »
    I'm gonna eat my hat if it doesn't reference, in any way, shape, quote, or form, SBCG4AP, since 102 contained refernces to Telltale's other downloadable games (Bessy is possibly the same kind of cow from Bone 2, the poker table from TTG poker hidden in the set). As for locations reorginization, I'll bet Bosco ups the ante on the paranoia scale... somehow..., and Sybil will break a fourth wall with one of her jobs.

Homestar's already also got a cameo on the Sam & Max Season Two DVD.
  • edited November 2008
    Jake wrote: »

I wouldn't call it a cameo if you supply menu links to the trailer and game play videos.

However, I still have yet to view all the easter eggs, soooo...
  • edited November 2008
    Jake wrote: »

I meant in-game, like my examples in ep. 102, and, on the flipside, Homestar saying on the phone "Yes? Yes. Yes. NO! Yes!" like Sam did in ep. 104.
  • edited November 2008
    Zeek wrote: »
    I wouldn't call it a cameo if you supply menu links to the trailer and game play videos.

That's not what he meant :)
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2008
    Zeek wrote: »

Indeed.
  • edited November 2008
    Maybe some parts of the episode could be real time and have alternative ways to solve .And you would get different situations depending on how you solved it and how much time it took you to complete them. Maybe their could be a good and bad situations caused by the time and actions. Each episode could also have multiple endings including a bad ending after which we would have to restart from the beginning. That would increase replay value.
  • edited November 2008
    Maybe some parts of the episode could be real time and have alternative ways to solve .And you would get different situations depending on how you solved it and how much time it took you to complete them. Maybe their could be a good and bad situations caused by the time and actions. Each episode could also have multiple endings including a bad ending after which we would have to restart from the beginning. That would increase replay value.

And take longer to build!
  • edited November 2008
    Multiple endings might be a problem in an episodic game.

Also, I hate it when games can be rendered unwinnable when you make a single stupid mistake, and I especially hate it when games can be rendered unwinnable because you took too long to do something.

...Damn you, Sierra.
  • edited November 2008
    Shwoo wrote: »

Also, I hate it when games can be rendered unwinnable when you make a single stupid mistake, and I especially hate it when games can be rendered unwinnable because you took too long to do something.

...Damn you, Sierra.
    Why am I having flashbacks of Freddy Farcus after reading that post?
  • edited November 2008
    Shwoo wrote: »

...Damn you, Sierra.

I ocassionaly have that problem with RTSRPG games. Always did hate it Neverwinter Nights when you say the wong thing to/choose the wrong option from/get cut-off while talking to an NPC & either had to restart the conversation or reload the whole game to get a different ending, especially in Underdark.

As for multiple endings in an episodic game being a problem, nah. More options are always better & liniarness in games has been going out of style for years. Having multiple choices & multiple endings in an episodic game could make it like those old "create your own adventure" books we probably all read as kids. The only negative aspect I can think of is that they would take longer to make.
  • edited November 2008
    I mean all of these ideas being thrown out there are interesting, but we have to realize that there's been a lot of change already. It's true to say that episodic gaming needs those places of recognition and returning characters. From season 1 to season 2 there was a lot of good change, and they really made it so each episode was pretty different. Perhaps in season 1 it started to get a little repetitive, but it was still great and they obviously learned from it because season 2 had a ton of game diversity.

They should keep the office (change it if they like) because it has always been a constant

Perhaps switch around the neighborhood with new shops or revamped old ones

Bring in some new chars and give some old ones a break (but not get rid of them)

And keep the STYLE the same, you're all saying to basically switch how the game is played and that shouldn't happen from one season to the next, these guys are doing a great job
Sign in to comment in this discussion.