Well what would you know?

edited March 2005 in General Chat
Hey turns out it is a bone game. Full credit to all those people guessing it 6 months ago .

Comments

• edited February 2005
    bone eh.... well lets wait and see on this one I guess. I don't really know much about this bone thing. too bad it wasn't dott2 or something. Question is how long are we going to have to wait for it. Q3 maybe?
  • edited February 2005
    > too bad it wasn't dott2

With all due respect, it was NEVER going to be a LucasArts property.

I'd never even heard of Bone prior to the speculation thread(s) way back when, and then I followed the link from the Telltale Community page.

And personally I love the idea of a 'fresh' adventure game, rather than rehashing pre-used characters from older games. It also lessens the weight of expectation from the older game's fanbase.

From what I saw, the settings and characters in BONE shoul make for a wonderful Adventure series.

So, Telltale, we got some sort of timeframe yet? 2005?
  • edited February 2005
    all i have to say is "sweet!!!"
  • edited February 2005
    I'm excited! Now I've got one more reason to get right into reading that complete Bone graphic novel book that I've put off starting.
  • edited February 2005
    Hi :) Im kinda new here, first post I think... But I try to visit often, for I am a huge fan of adventure games, like all of you... :))

Enyway, its not a surprise for me that the new license game is not a new MI or S&M or something like that.. i dont think we'll see one of these in the near future (nor far...)... But still. I never heard of this Bone dude, can anyone spill some info? Im really interestred in telltale new game... My expectations are high... I want a new adventure game already :((
  • edited February 2005
    Woohoo! I can't wait! Haven't read the comics (I don't think they're very well-known here in Europe, where French and Belgian comics dominate) but I visited Boneville and it all looks very interesting.

Besides, I never heard of Sam and Max before that game came out either ;)

--Erwin
  • edited February 2005
    Man, I haven't read the Bone comics in a loooong time...but I'm looking forward to this game! Bone definitely has the opportunity to turn into a great adventure game. :)
  • edited February 2005
    "I never heard of this Bone dude, can anyone spill some info?"

Bone is a series of comics books, that, as far as I know, were released as graphic novels (not syndicated in newspaper). You can go here at Amazon.com to preview some of the first few pages of volume one to get a look at what Bone is like.
  • edited February 2005
    I never heard of this Bone dude, can anyone spill some info? :((

This is the best place to start;

http://www.boneville.com
  • edited February 2005
    Wow!
    I had already bought & read the "Bone One Volume Edition" I found on www.amazon.com.
    I think it's perfect for an epic and humorous adventure game: great characters, complex and dramatic plot, tenderness, intrigue, funny one-liners and a LOTR-like wonderland. :D
    The perfect way to kick off a company. ;)
    Keep up the good work, TellTale!
    Dom
  • edited February 2005
    I can't wait, although I wonder if it's going to follow the storyline of the comic (which has the distinction of being the only comic book I've ever read) or if it will do it's own prequel/sequel/alternite story thing? Hopefully it isn't too close to the book, wouldn't want to be stuck knowing the whole story from the get-go.
  • edited February 2005
    I've seen the character before, just never read any of his stuff. I'm sure that Telltale will do a great job with the game. Good luck guys.
  • edited February 2005
    well i dont know anythin about bone..so should be interesting
  • edited February 2005
    where is teH demoooooo?

:D :D :D :D :D

(UT2k3 /2k4 players might know what I'm talking about B-) )
  • edited February 2005
    looks great

to bad it isnt s&m2 :))

This game is based on the book Bone: Out From Boneville ® 2005 Jeff Smith, and used under license from Cartoon Books, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Bone ® and © Jeff Smith. All Rights Reserved.
  • edited February 2005
    There goes my hope out the window... :(

Although this looks decent, I wish it was something I was familiar with. Oh well...
  • edited February 2005
    yes hopefully we don't have to wait forever for this thing to come out. The only bad thing about knowing about a game is waiting for it to come out. Take GT4... I've been waiting forever for that game but thankfully I'll run out and buy it tomorrow. How far along in production is this game?
  • edited February 2005
    Looks like it might be interesting. I'd never heard of bone till I saw the news but reading the pages from volume 1 (available in the library section of boneville) and it looks like a good comic. So I'm looking forward to this.

Just need to talk my wife into letting me buy the one volume comic book. (I know it doesn't cost a lot, but I'm not allowed to spend money at the moment :()
  • edited February 2005
    ... sounds of a whip cracking in the distance....
  • edited February 2005
    Hmm... i liked sam and max, monkey islands , maniac mansions etc because they were over crazy.

bone does not look crazy (only judging from covert and few pages i ve seen) ... it s cute (reminds me casper), but that s not my kind of thing :(

we shall see...
  • edited February 2005
    Hmm... i liked sam and max, monkey islands , maniac mansions etc because they were over crazy.

bone does not look crazy (only judging from covert and few pages i ve seen) ... it s cute (reminds me casper), but that s not my kind of thing :(

we shall see...

Maybe you should read the comic books to get a better idea than one screen shot.

Anyway, not everyone has to like every game. And hopefully DANK the caveman will be appearing in a Telltale game sometime. Does he appear crazy enough and non-cute enough for you?

8-|
  • edited February 2005
    WOOHOO! :D

I love Bone, got the One Volume thing as soon as it came out. I first read it in the library a long time ago and finally got to read the rest recently. :)

Go TellTale Games!!!!

"Can we have it in a quiche?!? *drool*"
  • edited February 2005
    I sure hope dank isn't in a game. that comic pisses me off
  • edited February 2005
    I sure hope dank isn't in a game. that comic pisses me off

Uhh. The guy's all over the site, so it's a pretty safe bet he'll be in a game at some time. But you certainly don't have to buy it / play it / like it.

groupshot_dank.jpg

I think it could be a wonderful premise for a game, personally.

What pisses you off about the comic anyway?
  • edited February 2005
    What pisses you off about the comic anyway?

I can't speak for Alucard, but I think it might be because, unfortunately, the Dank comic strip is not funny at all. Plus, the panels for the comic were the same as the previous one.

However, I'm sure if Dank were a character in a game made by Telltale, it would be more humorous, and I'd love to play that game. Maybe there is a reason why the comic strip is unfunny at the moment (there's only been two so far), such as they prefer the "philosophical" approach. But I can't think of a good reason that they would use the same panels for both strips. It's kind of disappointing.

Of course, by "they", I guess I just mean the artist/writer. I just don't see the strip as being a company effort.
  • edited February 2005
    Yay! I'm really excited about this -- the the point that I've actually had two nightmares in the past few months in which Telltale announced the game and it *wasn't* Bone. (Yes, I know, I'm crazy. Or at least my subconscious is. I'm not responsible for the strange images it flashes at me in my sleep, right? Right?)

I'm also proud to have been the first person on the internet (as far as I could find) to guess what the game was going to be.

Anyway, Telltale, expectations are high, at least from this corner. Good luck!
  • edited February 2005
    nice job on that YMH.

I am so excited. I think I wet myself.
  • edited February 2005
    well the comic wasn't even remotely funny. not only was it not funny it made no apparent sense and then to reuse the first one again and change around the text was lame.
  • edited February 2005
    Damn it!! I sooooo thought that the big secret was going to be Sam & Max 2!!!

...it's just a little dissapointing...
  • edited February 2005
    I know everyone had high hopes, but I don't understand why some people thought it would be Sam & Max. Obviously the license and junk hasn't been straightend out yet. Remember the whole Bird Brain episode?

And on the Dank comic : Clearly these arent the same panels. The newer comic is about 3 pixels narrower than the first comic. And don't be hatin' on Dank. Inventor cavemen are a minority you know. He could easily call anything a hate crime.

[-X
  • edited February 2005
    Oh, I don't HATE Dank :) . I just had slightly higher expectations. I'm sure it'll get better.
  • edited February 2005
    i hope that the second Dank comic will be better
  • edited February 2005
    Damn it!! I sooooo thought that the big secret was going to be Sam & Max 2!!!

...it's just a little dissapointing...

Telltale revealed quite a while back in an interview that their first licensed game would NOT be Sam & Max, but that they will be attempting to get the rights in the future (when they revert from LucasArts back to Steve Purcell) - so there is stil hope...
  • edited February 2005
    I think the Dank Comic needs a bit of insensitive, no boundary voice of the people kind of humor pasted all over it. How about some Political disobedience , or a bad ass attitude.
  • edited February 2005
    Yeah, or fart jokes! Don't forget those.
  • edited February 2005
    well the comic wasn't even remotely funny. not only was it not funny it made no apparent sense and then to reuse the first one again and change around the text was lame.

I don't really get people who say it had no sense.

It took me a good minute to figure out the first one, but the way I read it, it was witty. I read it as "ever feel like evolution passed you by?" is a double meaning thingie. meaning that evolution obviously has come longer for us than for him, plus that the mouse pointer just passed him by for you to translate what he says, thus evolution in the image of a mouse pointer passed him by. i thought that was great.

i'll agree that the new one didn't make much sense for me, but i'm sure everything will be explained. you can't judge a comic from two panels. well, i guess you can, but i don't think that's fair.
  • edited February 2005
    I'd say they actually did make sense to me in some ways. Personally, I was only judging those two, not any future ones. As far as the second one, "Sporadic thought is trickier than it looks", well, I can agree, if he's talking about coming up with something funny or interesting to say. It still hasn't made me laugh, though. But if it's not supposed to be funny, then that's fine, too (but in a way, it kind of is, that a caveman would be having intelligent thoughts like that). So you're right. Two strips is not enough to get a good idea as to what Dank is all about.

I still wish it were funny, though.
  • edited February 2005
    "Sporadic thought is trickier than it looks" ?

where is that quote from?
  • edited February 2005
    "Sporadic thought is trickier than it looks" ?

where is that quote from?

Hmmm... I think you may have missed a key feature about the online Dank comic. I didn't notice it myself until someone commented on the first one about "mouse over humor." If you put your mouse curser over the text bubble that Dank says, it translates "hon hon pook", into "Sporadic thought istricker than it looks". And in the first comic, he says, "ponn ponn hok", which it translates to "You ever get the sense that evolution passed you by?"
  • edited February 2005
    The 3rd Dank comic is now up, and you'll all be pleased to learn has all-new panels (and no rollover feature).

;)
This discussion has been closed.