Well what would you know?

2»

Comments

• edited February 2005
    ah I see that mouse over thing doesn't work for me probably cause I've got pretty much everything disabled on my browser for security reasons
  • edited February 2005
    I don't know if that mouse over thing is in the third comic too but even without it I still like this one
  • edited February 2005
    hahahaha! the third comic... That's more like it. :D
    That's great stuff. It's probably funnier because of the previous ones that were "deep thought"-ish, and now showing Dank's caveman side.

Yeah, this has great potential for an adventure game.
  • edited February 2005
    The 3rd Dank comic is now up, and you'll all be pleased to learn has all-new panels (and no rollover feature).

;)

Actually, the panel does rollover...
  • edited February 2005
    well the comic wasn't even remotely funny. not only was it not funny it made no apparent sense and then to reuse the first one again and change around the text was lame.

They might have been taking the mick out of movies given the special edition treatment (like SW:ESB where the scences are the same but some characters now say different things ...)
  • edited February 2005
    I sure hope dank isn't in a game. that comic pisses me off

*lol* Hey give it time I'm sure it will find its feet. They've nearly cancelled good shows because of viewer reaction like that!
  • edited February 2005
    ... sounds of a whip cracking in the distance....

Nah, more a punishment thing for quitting my job to get a new career without having a new job to goto first.
  • edited March 2005
    too bad it wasn't dott2
    I personally was hoping that the teaser shadow was Max, but without the ears to add to the mystery.
    And personally I love the idea of a 'fresh' adventure game, rather than rehashing pre-used characters from older games.
    BITE YOUR TONGUE! I want Sam and Max 2! Not to diminish Bone, but I have to confess that I'm actually quite disappointed that Tell Tale isn't doing Sam and Max 2. Everything seemed to come to that ... legal issues ... can't tell us (since LucasArts owns the rights until May) ... a vague shadow that could have been mistaken for Max minus the ears ... the fact that many who worked on the original formed TTG ...

*sigh* Crushed like someone who was stood up on his first date.
  • edited March 2005
    i think it would been bad for me to get my hopes up for Sam and Max. Now I'm not the least bit disappointed.
  • edited March 2005
    They announced a long time ago that it wasn't Sam and Max. It was pretty obvious that they weren't going to be able get one of Lucas Arts licenses. Has that ever happened before, where a game company sells some of it's IP to another company? I can't even think of a precedent. Lets just be happy were getting anything, and that what we're getting is fresh and new and not yet another sequel.
  • edited March 2005
    They announced a long time ago that it wasn't Sam and Max. It was pretty obvious that they weren't going to be able get one of Lucas Arts licenses.
    The license to LucasArts expires in May from what I understand. It would not necessarily have been illegal for TTG to develop Sam and Max 2 behind the scenes ("skunkworks" project) with permission from Steve Purcell, wait until LucasArts' license expired, then make the big announcement that TTG and Purcell have forged a new license. That's what I was hoping would happen. So much for that.

At the *very* least, I was hoping that TTG and SP were already in negotiations so that TTG would get the rights the day after LucasArts' contract expired. Dashed hopes against the jagged rocks.

My big question to LucasArts is why are they not selling what they've done and the remainder of their license to TTG? At least they would have been able to recoup some of their development costs. As it stands now, everything that was done was a wasted expense in LucasArts' budget. It makes no (or very little) sense for them to hold onto the license like they are doing.
  • edited March 2005
    I don't think that they're holding on to the license, I just don't think that they want to sell their code (it probably contains bits and pieces of other LA games). Remember that TT is hoping to snatch up the Sam and Max rights once they become available. If all goes well a new and improves freelance police will be telltales second game.
  • edited March 2005
    I don't think that they're holding on to the license, I just don't think that they want to sell their code (it probably contains bits and pieces of other LA games).
    That's certainly a viable possibility, but the only parts of code that would be a part of other games is the engine. They could still sell off the graphical data (I'm guessing 3DStudio Max or Maya, but that's just a guess), wireframe information, sounds, music, etc. Since that data would be of copyrighted characters, I would think that Steve Purcell actually has more say about that data than LucasArts. As to the underlying engine ... well, yes, LA isn't about to sell that off ... but they *could* license it. Since the game was already 85-90% done when they pulled the plug...
    Remember that TT is hoping to snatch up the Sam and Max rights once they become available. If all goes well a new and improves freelance police will be telltales second game.
    *drooling* That would be so appropos. An ex-LA team takes an abandoned LA project and makes it better than LA could have done. Cosmic justice, at the very least, especially if it sells as well as the gaming community was expecting it to do.

*waving hand furiously in the air to do voice acting if needed* :D
This discussion has been closed.