The Walking Dead: 16 Months (Part II Announced)

Comments

• still your damn good you should apply to T_T about your storys and see what they think.I bookmark all your storys love if they make them DLC

Sorry to hear about your situation, but you mistake me for someone who works for Telltale Games. I just write fan fiction based on Season Two.

• Why thank ya kindly, good sir.

Saltlick123 posted: »

Great Job!

• SPOILERS

I like how you fixed the issue I had with Christa killing the group who was facing Damion. I had a hard time finding due reason they would kill the helpful people. But by pinning it on Eliza and Christa just "mopping up" the mess you made it into a situation of preventative measures making sure the group wouldn't hunt them down for Eliza's mistake/decision and not just a homicide spree over a gasoline tank. Great writing.

• This is pretty good, but where is the part, out for blood?

Well, the goal from the start was to make this canon. But for now, I'm putting this on hold until Episode 3 comes out. If Clementine does reveal what happened to the baby, then it can help me out a lot. Also, thank you :)

• Still in the works.

Saltlick123 posted: »

This is pretty good, but where is the part, out for blood?

• K, this story is just so amazing, and I just want to know what happens next, keep it up :)

Still in the works.

• Saltlick123 posted: »

K, this story is just so amazing, and I just want to know what happens next, keep it up

• edited July 2014
    I smell bullshit
  • It's spam. Just spam.

I smell bullshit

• Where's after the rain?? :)

• Honestly, the dialogue I have going on between Clementine and Damien needed some work done. I realized what I had before was a bit repetitive from previous chapters.

I can probably get Part 1 done by midnight tonight. If not...Oh, so sorry.

Viva-La-Lee posted: »

Where's after the rain??

• Take your time. As always, quality comes first.

Honestly, the dialogue I have going on between Clementine and Damien needed some work done. I realized what I had before was a bit repetitive from previous chapters. I can probably get Part 1 done by midnight tonight. If not...Oh, so sorry.

• Refresh.

Take your time. As always, quality comes first.

• edited August 2014

Alt text

THAT WAS INTENSE

I can't wait for After the Rain part 2 :D

• YES!!!! Can't wait to start reading!

Refresh.

Take all my upvotes.

THE HYPE INTENSIFIES.

• And thumbs up from me.

I'm currently at chapter seven and I liked the story, the narrative, nice dialogues and creative thinking. I fell in love with the design of your thread, a link with the description made for every single part, might do something similar in the future.

Although I have to admit that this text could use some spell checking and proofreading, it's uneasy to follow at times.

Personally I'd like to see more elaborate descriptions, you know, to introduce the characters better, make it more immersive. Then again the character limit in the posts are irritating for sure. I know, I did try to squeeze my story as much as possible to make it more compact and basic to fit the friggin limits, but ultimately told myself, "screw that" and just did what I dang please regardless. Have a look at my story if you'd want to share experiences. PM me if you'd be interested in that.

And also, who knows, I might snag the title of the best storyteller for myself harharhar chuckles

Peace man

• I have to say I really appreciate this kind of feedback. Although I don't consider myself an expert, it makes me feel good when people enjoy my stories, but it does help when you can tell me what I need to improve on as well.

As for the spell checking and proofreading, yes. There's no excuse for the mistakes. Once I write "SCENE" and I look over the story one last time, I'm extremely tempted to post it, because I keep thinking to myself, "fuck it. These people have waited long enough."

For the Character Descriptions, the character limit never was a problem. I just need to be consistent and put in as much quality in the descriptions now as I did in the beginning.

Again, thank you kindly :)

Sidewayz posted: »

And thumbs up from me. I'm currently at chapter seven and I liked the story, the narrative, nice dialogues and creative thinking. I fell

• Just curious. What is your projected date for the next part?

I have to say I really appreciate this kind of feedback. Although I don't consider myself an expert, it makes me feel good when people enjoy

• I'm not making any promises, but next week is my target. There's this bit in the next part that I feel the need to keep rewriting over and over again to eliminate any potential holes.

Anyone else reading this, I'm really sorry for keeping the lot of you waiting. Like I said, I don't intend to just stop midway. The reasons for these delays is simply because I keep re-polishing everything from head to toe until I know for sure it's good enough to read.

Thanks a lot for your patience and again, really sorry for keeping you waiting.

Just curious. What is your projected date for the next part?

• If the quality is as good as the rest of your parts so far then I don't mind the wait :)

I'm not making any promises, but next week is my target. There's this bit in the next part that I feel the need to keep rewriting over and o

• I´m checking back for you! :)

• waiting intensifies

• Hello!

waiting intensifies

• Hey! How's it goin'?

Hello!

• Good, and you? Well, i don´t have much time to hang on here, that sucks. (...) Sorry, i need to go off.

Will post a SFM comic picture tomorrow, hope you bring your ideas ;)

Hey! How's it goin'?

• edited September 2014

I'm good. Darn, that sucks. Wish you could stay on longer.

I'm looking froward to seeing it. :)

Good, and you? Well, i don´t have much time to hang on here, that sucks. (...) Sorry, i need to go off. Will post a SFM comic picture tomorrow, hope you bring your ideas

• Tyler not to be pushy but... I need my dosage of your story or I'm going to start going through withdrawal.....

• edited November 2014

I agree with Viva, I need my dosage or.......

Alt text

• Okay let's get the excuses part out of the way, and if you're not interested in hearing about it and you only want now about the progress with 16 MONTHS, feel free to move on to the fourth paragraph.

So I might have picked a bad time to release the first part of Chapter 8. I decided since school was just around the corner, I can finally learn from a significant teacher who can actually teach me how to right a credible story (the last two I had were terrible). Little did I know just how fucking busy this semester was going to be, and I hate to use school as an excuse as to why I've held off on doing a hobby (especially since loads of you have been waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, AND WAITING, AND WAITING, AND WAITI--AHG!! I'M SO SO SORRY!!).

But the second we started, we had to immediately start everything. The biggest project for us was a 10 minute documentary pitched by my other classmates; on top of that, we had to do multiple assignments, schedule meetings with teachers, meetings at each others houses, booking hotels, shooting at hotels, it was just insane. My crew and I worked 24/7 non-stop (sometimes literally 24/7). And now, we're finally at the pre-production stage (which I think is the easiest part in film). And that's why I'm able to write this all out right now.

Now that everything's slowing down and the holidays are coming, at last I can get back to finishing this godforsaken story! Thinking about what I had learned, I was starting to see flaws in my work (some minor, some major). If any of you think they're perfect and you wouldn't change a thing, thanks, but keep in mind that this is an attempt to make a fan-made story. It's okay if it isn't perfect, and you can feel free to point out some possible issues.

With that in mind, I decided to pull a Wolf Among Us, and completely scrap my original idea for the rest of After The Rain. I just wasn't working the way I hoped it'd be and a lot of what I had felt like I was coping out and repeating the same shit over and over again.

But now, on to the topic you really care about.

WHERE'S PART 2 OF AFTER THE RAIN, YOU BUMHOLE?!

Well, that's actually up to you guys.

Here's the thing. I have Part 2 completely planned out and ready for a first draft which will be out by the end of the month (or sooner depending on when I can spare some time for it). You might want it right now, seeing as how Part 1 ended on such a dramatic note. But since you've waited so long, I've got a proposition for you.

Instead, how about next month? Then I can give you Part 2 of Chapter 8....along with Chapters 9 and 10 all simultaneously. Think of this as a way to make it up to you all for keeping you on the edge of a cliff for three months.

Of course, if any of you have completely lost interest and you no longer care about anything else that's to come, trust me, I understand. Again, didn't mean to do this. I just had no idea how swamped I was gonna be.

And also, thank you Viva-La-Lee, Dont_Look_Back, try_not_2_cry, and DarknessOfClementine for checking up on me. You are among six or eight other people who deserve a special something once this story wraps up.

• Next month sounds great! :) But can you really get chapter 9 and 10 done in just a month? Don't get me wrong, I would love that. But I don't want you to rush it, writing good stories takes time and this story is definitely worth the wait.

Okay let's get the excuses part out of the way, and if you're not interested in hearing about it and you only want now about the progress wi

• Dito no rush

Next month sounds great! But can you really get chapter 9 and 10 done in just a month? Don't get me wrong, I would love that. But I don't want you to rush it, writing good stories takes time and this story is definitely worth the wait.

• Completely up to you. I would prefer you release them successively and not all at once, but it's a minor peeve. I'll be happy with whatever. Welcome back and I can't wait to get reading again!

Okay let's get the excuses part out of the way, and if you're not interested in hearing about it and you only want now about the progress wi

• Really? I figured the wait was making you impatient. You said yourself you'd be going through withdrawal soon, and that kind of made me feel some what guilty.

Also, I'm diggin' that Iroh picture.

Completely up to you. I would prefer you release them successively and not all at once, but it's a minor peeve. I'll be happy with whatever. Welcome back and I can't wait to get reading again!

• Cool, I was worried this died out, Take your time :)

• Maybe it's the withdrawal talking? The wait was strenuous to a degree but only because it was excessively long (no hate whatsoever, I understand you had more important things on your plate, honestly). I prefer things in doses. It's why I try to play good games slowly over time. It's why I try to take small bites of tasty food. It's why I chug whiskey. Er, shit, disregard that one. Having it all at once would just cause me to binge and be left with... nothing else to entertain myself. So either way would be great, and I would be thankful, I just know myself too well.

Dragon Age Inquisition is one of the first times I've had the self-control to not go sailing through the main story line, and I'm thankful I haven't!

Really? I figured the wait was making you impatient. You said yourself you'd be going through withdrawal soon, and that kind of made me feel some what guilty. Also, I'm diggin' that Iroh picture.

• edited November 2014

Look, I know how it is. I'm developing a video game myself and so many people want it. I hate giving that excuse, "I have school," on them. The face they make makes me feel guilty, and I can't help but feel trapped at times. So its cool.

As long as you have a reason...

As long as you have a reason............

Alt text

• Look, I know how it is. I'm developing a video game and so many people want it. I hate giving that excuse, "I have school," on them. The face they make makes me feel guilty, and I can't help but feel trapped at times. So its cool.

As long as you have a reason...

As long as you have a reason............

Alt text

• I remember the first time I saw your new profile pic, I though it was a man with gills on his forehead.

Maybe it's the withdrawal talking? The wait was strenuous to a degree but only because it was excessively long (no hate whatsoever, I unders

Sign in to comment in this discussion.